• Customizer

@toblerone77:

This blows but I think we all understand. It’s too bad there’s nobody in the US that could do this as cost effectively as the Chinese.  There is a guy on YouTube that is trying to do his own injection molding in the states. LOL and guess what? He’s a miniatures guy.

He’s been doing this all on his own out of his garage just to show it can be done. He even machines his own molds!

Anyway Coach best of luck for you and us all.

He may be able to do this himself on a small scale, but it’s the mass production that is the key. Think of how many of the German Expansion sets Coach has sold since they came out. Heck, I think he had to order 1000 sets in each color just to get the order started. There’s no way a guy could keep up that pace out of his garage.

• Customizer

@knp7765:

@toblerone77:

This blows but I think we all understand. It’s too bad there’s nobody in the US that could do this as cost effectively as the Chinese.  There is a guy on YouTube that is trying to do his own injection molding in the states. LOL and guess what? He’s a miniatures guy.

He’s been doing this all on his own out of his garage just to show it can be done. He even machines his own molds!

Anyway Coach best of luck for you and us all.

He may be able to do this himself on a small scale, but it’s the mass production that is the key. Think of how many of the German Expansion sets Coach has sold since they came out. Heck, I think he had to order 1000 sets in each color just to get the order started. There’s no way a guy could keep up that pace out of his garage.

Oh I agree. My example is just showing that there are people working on this and in the future this may be viable for people wanting pieces of their own design.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

It’s certainly an interesting look at economies of scale… To the guy in his garage, HBG is far too big a project with 16 moulds per run times 5000 runs or so. To our Chinese factory, we are small potatoes. They wish we’d order 100,000 runs.  :-P

• Customizer

@Variable:

It’s certainly an interesting look at economies of scale… To the guy in his garage, HBG is far too big a project with 16 moulds per run times 5000 runs or so. To our Chinese factory, we are small potatoes. They wish we’d order 100,000 runs.  :-P

Man, that would be a LOT of pieces to sell. You guys would be swimming in plastic.

Finally! On the way from China… Should be here in a week to a week and a half (depends on customs, government shut downs, etc). We’ll post some pics while we QC them, and then start getting them out to all those faithful fans that pre-ordered. Thank you again everyone!

JapanSuppOrange.jpg
    JapanSuppRed.jpg

• Very happy!!  :-D

• @Pacific:

Very happy!!   :-D

Me too!

• Customizer

Guys,

@Pacific:

Very happy!!� �:-D

––I’m also happy that the Japanese sets are soon to be on their way,…but mostly I’m happy that the Factory didn’t
    “hit a major snag” leaving the “Coach” and his HBG team to be blamed for the delay.
    ––IMHO I think we should all take a moment to appreciate the major financial and time investments the “Coach” makes for every set he produces for all of us. I hope that he one day makes a hearty return on his investment. Thanks “Coach”.

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

Great news on the Japanese Supplement sets. Looking forward to seeing them in person.
    I know this forum only allows 2 pictures so you chose the orange and red pieces. I assume the rose and yellow/gold pieces are also on the way?

• The ones pictured actually look like the yellow-gold to me even though they are labeled as orange.

@knp7765:

Great news on the Japanese Supplement sets. Looking forward to seeing them in person.
    I know this forum only allows 2 pictures so you chose the orange and red pieces. I assume the rose and yellow/gold pieces are also on the way?

I am told all colors are on the way.

• Customizer

Yay!!!

• I would like to know if japanese piece will be available seperately.

AL

• Customizer

@crusaderiv:

I would like to know if japanese piece will be available seperately.

AL

They usually offer the units for new sets separately about 4-6 weeks after they get them.

• They usually offer the units for new sets separately about 4-6 weeks after they get them.

Ah cool…I’ve a lot of Japanese pieces so I don’t need the complete set.
    I’ve made my own IJN carrier but the FMG carrier are great.
    I think I’ll order carrier and sub.

AL

• OH mispelling….HBG carrier…I mean. :-D

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

when do you think these will ship?

• Customizer

Does anyone know what yellow sculpts we already have match the yellow sculpts in this new Japanese set? In other words is the same yellow as the Classic edition vehicle pieces or more like the yellow of the HBG supplemental Axis/Neutral sculpts?

• Customizer

@toblerone77:

Does anyone know what yellow sculpts we already have match the yellow sculpts in this new Japanese set? In other words is the same yellow as the Classic edition vehicle pieces or more like the yellow of the HBG supplemental Axis/Neutral sculpts?

Take a look at the HBG site under Battle Pieces/Japan/Japanese Supplement set. They have pictures of all four colors. The “yellow/gold” looks like a dark yellow to me, not like the Japanese pieces from Classic and certainly not like the bright yellow Axis minors pieces. They look like they may come close to the Japanese infantry pieces from Classic, that sort of butterscotch look.
    I think with the yellow/gold and rose pieces, you will have to use them as special units that just have certain types of equipment available to them. The burnt orange and red pieces could be considered more regular units that could also be complimented with OOB units.

• Customizer

@knp7765:

@toblerone77:

Take a look at the HBG site under Battle Pieces/Japan/Japanese Supplement set. They have pictures of all four colors. The “yellow/gold” looks like a dark yellow to me, not like the Japanese pieces from Classic and certainly not like the bright yellow Axis minors pieces. They look like they may come close to the Japanese infantry pieces from Classic, that sort of butterscotch look.
    I think with the yellow/gold and rose pieces, you will have to use them as special units that just have certain types of equipment available to them. The burnt orange and red pieces could be considered more regular units that could also be complimented with OOB units.

Sounds about right. I have enough types of yellow units from classic and HBG that I’ll have good use for them. I bought two orange, one red and one yellow of both pre order sets and might buy more later. I’ll decide once I actually get them.

Incidentally I saw they had French and British units in the design phase. Money has been tight as of late so I’ve been buying a lot less. I usually order stuff every month, but damn I don’t think I’ve ordered much of anything since August or maybe early September.

I kind of liked Amerika but I just couldn’t shell out the cash for a pre-order level of funding. I hope they might consider just selling the sculpts I could manage a set or two.

Anyway, the wait sucks but I totally see where Coach and HBG got the short end of the stick with thier Chinese business partners.  Hell at least it didn’t go down like FMG’s luck did.“knock-on-wood” lol!

We all love ya Coach and company!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m