The Great War 1914-1918: Clash of Empires

• '16

@Imperious:

I posted 6 different pictures, not one

This is the starting setup BTW.

Played 2 games, 1st stalemate, 2nd Allied Victory

5 of which appear to be some sort of battle of France in 1940.
    Guessing that was a mistake?

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Cannot wait for this game. These are awesome pictures IL. :-D

• 5 of which appear to be some sort of battle of France in 1940.
    Guessing that was a mistake?

no look at the links again, these are for the game.

• I recognized some minor errors: Rheims is a city in the Champagne, Kosovo should be far more in the South of Serbia. (Its in the north west of the tt you call macedonia), Beloruss and White Russia are the same. Better call the eastern one “Minsk” or with the actual borders on the map better “Smolensk”.

All in all this looks so much better than A&A 1914…

Yes we are aware, they will be moved before final map is sent. Smolensk will replace Volgograd,etc

• @Imperious:

The map in the picture is 6 x 4, production map is 5 x 3 mounted and with alot better resolution.

I am stupid, what does this mean in cm ?

• I’ve just had a look at the pictures and the map and the units look great (appropriately enough for a game called the Great War).  Looking forward to its release!

@Chacmool:

@Imperious:

The map in the picture is 6 x 4, production map is 5 x 3 mounted and with alot better resolution.

I am stupid, what does this mean in cm ?

We don’t use the metric system on a lot of things, here in The US, but I looked it up, and it says 30.48 cm equals 1 foot.

I hope that helps. :-)

John

• Thanks John, so that means foot…

I always thought americans use inches when telling the mapsizes of boardgames.

But 5 x 3 would then be a pocket game  :lol:

I will be traveling to the Dardanelles and Gallipoli on sunday for one week and visit the battlefields,
    it would be nice to have something interesting to read on that journey, maybe some sneak previews
    from your rulebook, IL?

• :? :-o :? :-o :? :-o

@Chacmool:

Thanks John, so that means foot…

I always thought americans use inches when telling the mapsizes of boardgames.

But 5 x 3 would then be a pocket game �� :lol:

I will be traveling to the Dardanelles and Gallipoli on sunday for one week and visit the battlefields,
    it would be nice to have something interesting to read on that journey, maybe some sneak previews
    from your rulebook, IL?

�  �  �  � Â

1 foot equals 12 inches and 12 inches equals 30.48 cm, according to the conversion to the metric system.

Does that help? :-)

• An easy rule of thumb is that 1 meter (100 cm) is about the same as 1 yard (3 feet).

A classic Simpsons joke on the subject is Grandpa Simpson’s statement that “The metric system is a tool of the devil! My car gets 40 rods to the hogshead and that’s the way I likes it.”  40 rods to the hogshead apparently works out to about 10-and-a-half feet per gallon.

@CWO:

An easy rule of thumb is that 1 meter (100 cm) is about the same as 1 yard (3 feet).Â

A classic Simpsons joke on the subject is Grandpa Simpson’s statement that "The metric system is a tool of the devil! My car gets 40 rods to the hogshead and that’s the way I likes it."  40 rods to the hogshead apparently works out to about 10-and-a-half feet per gallon.

Thanks Marc for the help and explanation. That is a fun way to represent both systems. :-D

• Thanks for the pictures IL, this thing looks great and I can’t wait for it’s release, I will definitely be buying one plus a complete set of extra pieces if you still plan on doing that,

Thanks again for all of your hard work on this!

• The pieces will be available at the same time as released. In addition, a number of the 6x4 maps in roll up will be offered for sale.

Lastly, there’s talk of metal forts and sea mine sets as a separate purchase.

• @John:

Thanks Marc for the help and explanation. That is a fun way to represent both systems. :-D

Back in 1943, the French battleship Richelieu joined the Free French side and was sent to (I think) the New York Navy Yard for a major refurbishment.  The poor American shipyard workers got all sorts of headaches from this project because they were accustomed to working in the US version of imperial measurements while the Richelieu’s plans and components – probably all the way down to the level of its nuts and bolts – used the metric system.

@CWO:

@John:

Back in 1943, the French battleship Richelieu joined the Free French side and was sent to (I think) the New York Navy Yard for a major refurbishment.  The poor American shipyard workers got all sorts of headaches from this project because they were accustomed to working in the US version of imperial measurements while the Richelieu’s plans and components – probably all the way down to the level of its nuts and bolts – used the metric system.

I bet, LOL. I know I would have one for sure. :-D

• Great War final piece color choices:
    Germany     430c
    Austria     538c
    Ottomans   703c

British   7502c
    USA    370c

France  279c
    Russia  4655c
    Italy   391c

Germany:

Austria:
    http://mera.se/PMS/538C.html

Ottomans:

England

USA

France:

Russia:

Italy:

• :-D    Thanks for the info!

• Does this game have an entry on BGG? I couldn’t find one. You should submit a request for an entry.

• If someone could do that, it would be great. For some reason im not allowed too. :lol:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m