*BELLS RINGING* THE TIME HAS COME!

• when are you going to be promoted?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

As soon as you each individually send Djensen a letter I’m sure!

• Customizer

Garg,

I respectfully abstained from voting as you yourself can check, “to protect the names and lives of the innocent”, and I simultaneously invoke the 5th amendment. And anything else I can, too.

I must admit, though,…you’re definately my favorite “villain”, and would probably be a great moderator. I’m only concerned that the job might either “mellow” you and you’re unusual since of humor(?),…or lead to your encarceration in Federal Prison for 2nd degree murder of some gamer asking a stupid question once too often(Grin).

I’ve come to recognize your “brand” of humor(?) when I see it, and I must say I look forward to it. Maybe I need to see a Doctor?

“Tall Paul”

• 2007 AAR League

Well, since you like to fight the power, if you became the power, does that mean you’d have to fight yourself?

• Customizer

U-505,

@U-505:

Well, since you like to fight the power, if you became the power, does that mean you’d have to fight yourself?

I could be wrong, but Garg has probably been “fighting” the voices in his head for several years now(Grin).

“Tall Paul”

• 2007 AAR League

I don’t doubt that.  :lol: I think he likes to argue just for the sake of arguing. In all honesty, I can’t see this ending well.

• Customizer

U-505,

Ending? I hope not. I (almost) depend on Garg and his ideas/theories/opinions to ENTERTAIN me. I feel sorry for anyone who mistakenly might ever take Garg seriously in anything he says(Grin). I can only hope that this statement invites an encitefull retort by our favorite “villain”.

A&A FUN for everyone!

Tall Paul"

• '12

After meeting Garg in person, I can assure you he is a dichotomy, and a great dude.  Certainly not the image one could mistakenly create after only reading a few of his posts without the greater context of that which is “Villainy”!

Do make me start creating new accounts so I can multi-vote.  “Win if you can, lose if you must, but ALWAYS cheat!”.  Always got a chuckle from that saying……

• You wouldn’t be the first to set up a second account so as to vote for yourself.
    Who is the real Lucas McCain?
    Childish really.
    Is dicktummy a Canadian word MrMalachiCrunch? (Wish your name were shorter!)

• Customizer

MrMalachiCrunch,

@MrMalachiCrunch:

After meeting Garg in person, I can assure you he is a dichotomy, and a great dude.  Certainly not the image one could mistakenly create after only reading a few of his posts without the greater context of that which is “Villainy”!

I have plans for the near-future to build a Railroad History Museum (20,000+ square feet) in Shreveport, La. that will also house a Military History area. If all goes according to plan I would certainly want to host some
    get-togethers/conventions with any and all of you A&A guys. And it just wouldn’t be complete without Garg’s presence there. I’ve been planning this for several years and will let ya’ll know when we get serious and start throwing dirt.

“Tall Paul”

• Wow. That is fantastic. Good luck with that. Do your family know about trains or have some connection to them?
    Have you been to Mansfield and seen the battlefield of Louisiana’s major Civil War battle?

• Customizer

Wittman,

I was born & raised in Shreveport, although the last 12 years I’ve been a railroad conductor in East Texas. My uncle was a KCS railroad engineer in S’port, and my Dad is a big “railfan”. For me, I never had to make a choice to become a railroad historian/collector/photographer/modeller as I was seemingly pre-ordained from birth to have that interest. My Mother’s mother was a technician that worked at the La. state Museum in S’port and helped build all of their original diaramas. She was quite a researcher, also.

With my Dad being a WWII veteran, and me with my passionate interest in history, over the last 54 years I’ve become quite knowledgable concerning all aspects of railroad and much military history. I love discussing RR & Military history with others because I can usually learn from them. I try to limit myself to WWII, but I’ve read a good bit about many other conflicts. I try to limit my “exposure” to the Civil war as that is such a deep subject it can swallow one’s complete interest. I have however been to some of the re-enactments of the Battle of Mansfield and like many others know of the Red River campaign and it’s importance.  Because of the battle of Mansfield the “Yankees” never took Shreveport, which at the time was HQ for the Trans-Mississippi Dept. and of the Confederate Government fleeing there from Charleston.

Yep, I’m looking forward to the future and all the railroad and military FUN we can have there. Up till now I haven’t said anything of my plans, but hopefully it’s not too far off in the future.

“Tall Paul”

• Thank you for your reply Tall Paul.
    And thank you for the Mansfield response; I admit to being an Englishman with a Civil War obsession. I ask any Southerner I meet from where does he come. Excuse me.

• Customizer

Wittman,

Anytime. We down here in the South are quite well-known for our “Southern Hospitality”. And I’d imagine that you(an Englishman) could teach me(an American) a thing or two concerning the American Civil War.

And BTW, my fathers ancestry comes through Prussian and English lineage. The Prussian(German) side is no doubt why we’re so tall, slender, and dark-haired. There is a “Castle Harwell” somewhere in Germany.

As far as the English side, I believe the town where your Nuclear reasearch area is called “Harwell”.

One of my Dad’s (true) war stories is that just prior to D-Day, my Dad was soo bored of being cooped-up and doing only the same routine that he jumped at the opportunity to drive to their HQ for supplies. On the way they passed a sign that indicated “Harwell-3 miles”(or so). My Dad naturally wanted to make a quick diversion to see “his” town. His Sgt. said “OK, but on the way back”. Then, when they got to HQ, they learned that D-Day was starting and they’d better “high-tail it” back to base without the supplies. He never got to see “his” town of Harwell, England.

Are you the least bit familiar with it?

To continue with your line of thinking, how do the English people Today generally feel towards the U.S. in light of our WWII efforts in assisting your country, especially regarding our “friendly invasion” of England with our “Yanks”?

“Tall Paul”

• Is interesting you say you have German ancestors as most Germans ended up in the North: the despised “Dutchmen”, with a poor fighting record, twice routed by Lee’s better troops(2nd May and 1st July 63). Do you know if your ancestors stayed in the Shrevport and TRans Mississippi Dept or if they were in  one of the 10 Louisiana regiments that fought in the ANV with Lee?

I know my English Cambridgeshire born grandmother was after an officer for a husband and told me many a story of the Fighter pilots at Duxford. Grandad was a desk Sergeant. Cannot remember talking too much about Americans, but she was married with 2 children by the time you came over. Cannot help you there, sorry.
    As for Harwell, my wife was born in Oxford and we have visited regularly since being in Hereford, as her grandparents remained in one of the villages nearby. Unfortunately, Harwell was not on the way, being south of Oxford and we live north of it.

• Customizer

Wittman,

My Dad’s family settled in Tennessee(Deep South) for many decades before moving west to Louisiana. My Dad’s mother’s family were in Nebraska(Northern Plains) before coming South to Louisiana. All of this happened in the mid to late 1800’s.

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

BTW,

Is Gargantua anywhere around???

“Tall Paul”

• He is on an anger management course run by monks. It is a prerequisite to being a Moderator on a belligerent forum like this visited by many unstable individuals.
    He’ll be back! (like Terminator).

• '12

TallPall, thanks for the invite, very generous of you, I really appreciate it.  It looks like I need to get my US entry waiver in order to enter the US.  Seems I was a bad boy in my youth with that stuff a few of your states just legalized.  Made the mistake of getting caught crossing the border (to get gas……) before I goy my Canadian pardon 20 years ago.

As for the long name, Mal is fine…Maladjusted, Malady, Malachi…  Got the nickname playing the axis in the original Nova version.  The Malachi brothers were from Happy Days and did the Malachi Crunch between the two of them.  Myself it was Germany then Japan against Russia.

• Thank you Malachi.
    Never realised it came from there. Did love it as a child, but like most things related to my life, have forgotten about it! Can only seem to remember historical facts and figures.
    I love football and have seen many games, but can never recollect facts about sport.
    Weird. It is like I have a selective memory.(Maybe like a PC, I have filled up all available space!)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m