This is the last thing Hockey needed here in the States.

I heard (last night) Gretzky’s wife has been named making bets and of course Tocchet is at the center of it.

How bad is this going to get?

• Pretty bad. Luckily, it appears that a lot of this was focused on sports betting more than hockey gambling. It’s not Pete Rose.

But apparently players will be named. I’ve heard the name Mark Recchi, but that is only speculation at this point.

Just saw on Yahoo, that the AP is reporting that Gretzky himself knew.

Yikes!

• http://fantasyhockey.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.asp?leaguenum=&sport=NHL&id=1

Sources are now supporting Wayne Gretzky’s claim that he had no prior knowledge of the allegedly illegal gambling ring involving Rick Tocchet.
    A New Jersey state police wiretapped conversation of Gretzky asking Tocchet how Gretzky’s wife, Janet Jones, could avoid being named as a participant in the ring happened last Monday – the day after Jones allegedly won money betting on the Super Bowl. A person with knowledge of the investigation confirmed the wiretap was recorded last Monday, the day Gretzky’s lawyer said New Jersey detectives showed up at the Phoenix coach’s doorstep looking to speak to his wife. “Published reports that Wayne had spoken to Rick Tocchet about his concern for Janet prior to officers appearing at Wayne’s house on Monday are completely ludicrous,” said Gretzky’s attorney, Ron Fujikawa. “It’s absolute balderdash.” This story is far from over, but it is hard to believe that Gretzky is involved in any way and hopefully this causes the focus to move off Gretzky and back to the Olympic hockey tournament that begins this week.

@Yanny:

http://fantasyhockey.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.asp?leaguenum=&sport=NHL&id=1

Sources are now supporting Wayne Gretzky’s claim that he had no prior knowledge of the allegedly illegal gambling ring involving Rick Tocchet.
    A New Jersey state police wiretapped conversation of Gretzky asking Tocchet how Gretzky’s wife, Janet Jones, could avoid being named as a participant in the ring happened last Monday – the day after Jones allegedly won money betting on the Super Bowl. A person with knowledge of the investigation confirmed the wiretap was recorded last Monday, the day Gretzky’s lawyer said New Jersey detectives showed up at the Phoenix coach’s doorstep looking to speak to his wife. “Published reports that Wayne had spoken to Rick Tocchet about his concern for Janet prior to officers appearing at Wayne’s house on Monday are completely ludicrous,” said Gretzky’s attorney, Ron Fujikawa. “It’s absolute balderdash.” This story is far from over, but it is hard to believe that Gretzky is involved in any way and hopefully this causes the focus to move off Gretzky and back to the Olympic hockey tournament that begins this week.

Yeah, I heard about that last night.

Damn Media, trying to smear poor Wayne.

• The Canadian media was rough on Gretzky this week. Demanding that he step down from Team Canada and sell his ownership of the Phoneix 'Yotes.

I should have known better then to actually believe the first story.  Stupid me.

Another example of the media printing a story without actually checking the facts.

They are so intent on “getting people” and trying to be the first to break a story that they completely ignore research and whether the story is even true.  Idiots.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m