Global 2nd edition Q+A ( AAG40.2)

• Throw out the welcome mat and hope the Axis captures it so you can take it back.  Then the Americans can take control  :evil:

• Hi Yall,

so, I still can’t use the search function of this site, and so I didn’t search up that question either, but oh how i tried^^

So I play TripleA a lot and I just noticed, that in the notes to the g40.2 map it says:
    “(PE) Transports can only be loaded in 1 phase (not both), and unloaded in 1 phase (not both).”
    the (PE) standing for player-enforced.

But my understanding was, that one could load and unload a transport during combat move phase.

Which one is correct?

Thanks

The Odor

• You’re both right, you just misinterpreted the Triple A note

It means you can’t load in the combat movement phase and then unload in the non-combat phase and that you can’t unload one ground unit in one phase and another unit from the transport in a different phase

• @Gamerman01:

You’re both right, you just misinterpreted the Triple A note

It means you can’t load in the combat movement phase and then unload in the non-combat phase and that you can’t unload one ground unit in one phase and another unit from the transport in a different phase

Ah…
    Phrasing^^

well thank you for the swift and concise answer.

• It’s what I do  :-D

You’re welcome, any time

• Sponsor

The last Q&A on this FAQ thread was almost a month ago, that’s gotta be some kind of record!

• '15

I’m sure this has been answered before, but I’m on my phone bored a train station so downloading the rulebook PDF or viewing my physical one isn’t practical.

Question:

I2:
    Italy declares war on Russia.

G3:
    If Germany does not declare, they gain their +5 IPC bonus from trading with Russia (and can move into any Italian territories taken from Russia). Let’s assume Germany does not want to walk into Karelia so they can keep troops in Finland against a possible allied landing in Norway, and Italy already took Eastern Poland/Baltic States so there’s nothing of value there and Germany can still advance.

There is a German sub in SZ 125 + Russia holds archangel (naturally, it’s only G3) + there are no allied units in Russian territories.

R3:
    Russia can declare war on Germany R3, of course, since they are already at war with Italy, right? But what if they don’t? If Germany does not declare war, and Russia does not declare war on Germany, does Russia still get their +5 NO from lend/lease since they are not at war with Germany and so that German sub in SZ125 does not matter? A drawback of this is being unable to reclaim any territories the Italians took, but with the Germans there this is impractical anyway, especially since those territories are only worth 1 or 0 IPCs.

What does the rule book say about this NO? Does it say no enemy axis warships present in 125? Does it simply say no axis warships present?

As always, thank you.

• Just no Axis warships present. A German (or Japanese, even though that’s impractical) sub will prevent the NO even if that power is not at war with Russia. An Italian one would prevent it too if Russia was at war with Germany but not Italy for some reason.

• That’s right, since Russia is at war (with Italy) they could get the NO, but there must be no Axis warships present in 125, and that includes Axis powers that Russia is not at war with, so Russia might as well declare war on Germany anyway

• Sponsor

@Bentley:

Question: if you were to transport an AAA with a troop on a transport and conduct and amphib assault, would the AAA be put on land in the CM phase or stay on the transport until the NCM phase?

I may have another question depending on the answer to this one. Thanks.

That’s a good question Bentley, AAA Guns can’t be moved during the combat movement phase, and during amphibious assaults, a transport must unload all it’s cargo into the same territory. I will ask someone who will know for sure and I will post their answer here.

Cheers.

1. You can’t load an AAA gun onto a transport during the combat movement phase, so to have an AAA on your transport during the combat movement phase, you would have had to have loaded that AAA onto the transport on an earlier turn, in the non-combat movement phase.

2. If you do already have an AAA on a transport during the combat movement phase from an earlier turn, and you conduct an amphibious assault with that transport by unloading 1 infantry onto an enemy territory, you may not unload the AAA during that turn at all.  This is because once a transport unloads (it unloaded an infantry) it is DONE for the turn and cannot ever do another unload during that non-combat movement phase.

So the answer to your question is neither.  You can’t unload the AAA in the combat movement phase (this is never possible) AND you can’t unload the AAA in the noncombat movement phase EITHER, if you unloaded an infantry from that transport in the combat movement phase.

In other words, to say it more simply, AAA can only be moved in the non-combat phase, therefore can only be loaded or unloaded during the noncombat movement phase.  A transport may never unload 1 unit in the combat movement phase and the other in the noncombat movement phase.

• Sponsor

Thanks Gamerman, I’ll pass that on for you.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

@Gamerman01:

That’s right, since Russia is at war (with Italy) they could get the NO, but there must be no Axis warships present in 125, and that includes Axis powers that Russia is not at war with, so Russia might as well declare war on Germany anyway

Now, assuming italy declares war and take eastern poland. Then germany does not declare at the beginning of next round, but move in all their stuff. Then my question come. Assuming Russia does not declare war on Germany,  can Russia attack the Italian (and not the German) forces in eastern poland? I think they can not.

• They can’t attack East Poland because German units are in it.

You must be at war with the power that controls the territory and with all powers that control units that are in the territory in order to attack a territory.

• '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

@Gamerman01:

1. If you do already have an AAA on a transport during the combat movement phase from an earlier turn, and you conduct an amphibious assault with that transport by unloading 1 infantry onto an enemy territory, you may not unload the AAA during that turn at all.  This is because once a transport unloads (it unloaded an infantry) it is DONE for the turn and cannot ever do another unload during that non-combat movement phase.

ALSO

The transport carrying the AA gun cannot move during combat movement. So, that transport with infantry and AA gun had to be sitting in the sea zone at the beginning of the turn for you to even be able to conduct an amphibious assault with that infantry.

Marsh

• Official Q&A

@Marshmallow:

The transport carrying the AA gun cannot move during combat movement.

That’s incorrect.  Being carried by a transport (but not loading onto one) during combat movement is a stated exception to the rule that AAA can’t move during combat movement.  See page 29 of the Europe Rulebook.

• @Gamerman01:

That’s right, since Russia is at war (with Italy) they could get the NO, but there must be no Axis warships present in 125, and that includes Axis powers that Russia is not at war with, so Russia might as well declare war on Germany anyway

Yea that it a strange situation. Russia is eligible for the NO because they are at war w/Euro axis (Italy). The NO doesn’t specify that the axis power with war ship in sz125 has to also be at war with Russia, so w/German war ship in sz125 Russia doesn’t get the NO. This makes sense though if you think about it because the Germans would be looking to sink allied cargo ships (UK/US) not Russian ships so the raiding would still be going on.

Because there is so many hoops for the Russians to jump though to get that NO, I think it would be cool to make the Germans roll convoy dice to see if they can negate the lend lease NO.

• Wild Bill, that makes total sense. One Axis Sub in 125 gets 2 rolls, max loss 5, but Russia might still get one or two IPCs sneaking through. Much fairer and also fits the Convoy Rules perfectly.

• '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

@Krieghund:

@Marshmallow:

The transport carrying the AA gun cannot move during combat movement.

That’s incorrect.  Being carried by a transport (but not loading onto one) during combat movement is a stated exception to the rule that AAA can’t move during combat movement.  See page 29 of the Europe Rulebook.

Thanks for pointing that out. Little stuff hiding in the rules will be the bane of me!

Marsh

• We are really, really fortunate that Krieghund reads this thread on this site and corrects anything that’s wrong

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m