Global 2nd edition Q+A ( AAG40.2)

• Official Q&A

Send me a PM.

• So, when you post your combat move and ask for a scrambling decision, you are implicitly declaring that your combat moves are complete and that you will not be changing them.

That’s pretty obvious.

If I understand this situation correctly, the player received a scrambling decision from the opponent, and then asked to change combat moves and made it clear he would re-ask for a scrambling decision.  The opponent gave unconditional permission (like “sure, fine, go ahead”), so then the player made the changes and then the opponent protests……

If this is the case, the opponent is not acting with integrity.

Isn’t it the same as:
    Player places his new units.  Opponent hasn’t had a chance to do anything yet.  Player asks for permission to change placement.  Opponent grants it.  Player changes his placement.  Opponent refuses and denies.

Am I understanding the game situation correctly?

• '12

although my opponent appeared to be granting approval for me to redo the move, he now says he was only granting “conditional” approval - ie, he claims he wanted to see what i was going to change and then allow or disallow.

and now currently his stance is that he will allow no changes whatsoever because i “broke the rules”.  it’s quite a morass.

• Similar situation happened to me in a live game, where we were sure to take Berlin, and before we had declared that we were done, opponent shouted SCRAMBLE as we were invading an empty Berlin from SZ 113. Chances are we would have noticed his scramble opportunity and simply unloaded from 114. Huge debate ensued as it was basically a game-over situation for him.

• I’m under the impression that China as a nation does not get convoy raided. Is this correct?

• @seththenewb:

I’m under the impression that China as a nation does not get convoy raided. Is this correct?

Correct!

@rulebook:

China is not subject to convoy disruptions…

• Thanks, I thought I remembered reading it but somehow missed it when I reread the rules.

• @seththenewb:

Thanks, I thought I remembered reading it but somehow missed it when I reread the rules.

Thank you for bringing that to our attention. It looks like in TripleA China gets convoy raided.
    I reported that in the Software section.

• Good, Panther, thanks for reporting it.  I added it to my (lengthy) list of rules Triple A does not properly observe. (attached)

I forgot about this buried rule (is only one line in the Pacific manual, in the Conduct convoy disruption section), and my accomplished opponent did not realize it either!

I lost 6 IPC’s in round 7, 4 IPC’s in round 8, and 1 IPC in round 9  :x
    Won’t happen again!

Triple A problems.doc

• '12

no wonder I have been losing with the allies  :-P

• @Gamerman01:

Good, Panther, thanks for reporting it.  I added it to my (lengthy) list of rules Triple A does not properly observe. (attached)

Very interesting list, thank you. I was aware of some points listed there but by far not of all of them.

• Thanks for letting me know - I’m just glad if it’s appreciated

Somebody in the league had asked for a list - it is nice to know what to be on the lookout for.

And no doubt there’s something more that’s not on the list…. yet  :|  :-)

• Krieghund:

Is Japan allowed to build a major IC in a territory originally controlled by Japan but marked with a Chinese national symbol i.e. (Manchuria)

• '12

That is an easy no.  Korea is the only spot japan can build a major.

• Manchuria is considered originally Chinese, and Japan is not allowed to build a major complex there

• Is China allowed to DOW? Here’s the specific game situation; Italy holds Burma(empty), India is in Japanese hands, Italy never DOW’d on China, and China has an infantry in Yunnan. Can I DOW with China against Italy so I can attack Burma?

• I don’t see anything specifically prohibiting them from DOW, so I assume that they should be able to.

• Answered my own question with an assist to Wheatbeer who selectively reads rules  :wink:

I Keed I keed.

PG. 38 of Euro book

Political Situation: China begins the game at war with Japan. China can’t declare war on a European Axis power
    unless one of those powers first either declares war on China or moves units into a territory into which Chinese units
    are allowed to move.
    A state of war between China and one Axis power won’t affect its relations with the other Axis
    powers.

• I’m curious - did Triple A not give you the ability to declare war and make the combat move to Burma?

• '13

If I am doing a sea battle against a carrier, two transports, two fighters and a tac with 3 bombers and 2 subs, can my bombers retreat and leave the subs to sink the transports once the carrier is gone?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m