Global 2nd edition Q+A ( AAG40.2)

• TripleA

if a territory is empty. can you move an infantry to it then move a mech over it to another empty territory?

• TripleA

or to a battle with other ground units attacking it.

• If an allied player attempts to amphibious assault from a sea zone that can activate kamikaze and the assaulting player only sends transports (no surface warships), is the literal reading of the rulebook that you can never attack non-surface warships correct?

I.E., you cannot kamikaze in this situation because a kamikaze attack cannot target transports.

I understand the balance of this rule is so that you cannot pick off transports out of a huge attack force, but should that hold for lone transports? Lone transports already can’t ignore submarines without a surface warship and they also activate scrambles, it seems weird that this would be the only optional defense not to allow this.

• Cow: No. You do not “move over” other units.
    All attacks are announced at the same time, so only a Mech paired with a Tk could blitz through an empty enemy territory to attack a second (occupied ) one.
    A Mech could attack a territory two away only if the first one it moves through is Friendly(not Friendly Neutral).
    All Combat Moves are done simultaneously.

• Zanetheinsane: you are correct. Transports can safely move to any SZ zone in the knowledge they can unload without a Kamikaze disrupting them. I do not think it is a loophole in the rules: Larry meant it that way.
    Might be something to do with the Japanese sense of Honour. (Perhaps it was only considered acceptable to target Warships and not defenceless Transports!)

• '10

Is it allowed to NCM a sub into a hostile sea zone ?

• @Axisplaya:

Is it allowed to NCM a sub into a hostile sea zone ?

yes.  and you can NCM thru the seazone if there’s no enemy DD to stop it.  otherwise, if a DD is there, the sub stops in the hostile seazone.

• Am I allowed to retreat into a sea zone containing a enemy submarine (and two of mine if it matters) or is retreat a kind of movement where you can not ignore the enemy submarine?

• Yes, you can Mistergreen, as a Sub does not make the SZ Hostile. Only a Surface Warship does that. However, the SZ had to be Friendly at the beginning of the turn, so remember if there was an enemy Surface Warship there and you just sank it, you could not move there even if it now only contains an enemy Sub.

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

The rule says attacking sea units can only retreat to friendly sea zone at the start of a players turn.

P. 8 says only enemy surface ships make a sea zone hostile, so the retreat it ok, as I read it.

• TripleA

For germany’s egypt NO… will germany collect +5 for having an AA gun on egypt?

• Official Q&A

Yes.

• Scenario: There are ships in a sea zone belonging to a nation, for example US boats in SZ 112. The UK performs an amphibious assault on Denmark from SZ112 with only transports.

If Germany scrambles fighters do these fighters simple blow up the transports? The transports are technically attacking and multinational forces cannot attack together, therefore the US ships could not participate in the fight.

• Hi Zanetheinsane. You are right to say the Ally cannot defend with the Transports, but they are not automatically dead. The scrambled Fighters still need to hit them. At the end of the round, the surviving Transports can then choose to  retreat one SZ as per usual retreat rules.

• If you capitol is taken, say London, and the British capture So. Italy later before London is liberated, what happens to the Italian IPCS? Do the Brits get a build phase on the smaller factories? Or are the IPCs lost?

• Unfortunately, UK collects the IPCs from Italy but can’t use them until London is liberated.  They are in the bank til then.

• Can I elect not to place units and receive a refund? I think this was legal in global at some point but I can’t find the rule in the 2nd edition rulebook.

• @Mistergreen:

Can I elect not to place units and receive a refund? I think this was legal in global at some point but I can’t find the rule in the 2nd edition rulebook.

I don’t recall this ever being legal in 1st edition or alpha (or any edition previous) and don’t believe it’s legal in 2nd.

• '10

Don’t remember this one…

Is it allowed to NCM a loaded transport into a sz with an enemy sub, and unload the units in a friendly territory ?

• @Axisplaya:

Don’t remember this one…

Is it allowed to NCM a loaded transport into a sz with an enemy sub, and unload the units in a friendly territory ?

yes

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m