HBG - Axis & Allies Parts/Accessories and Custom Piece Sets Store!

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Regarding the subject of upcoming sets… I would cast a vote for an exclusively Italian one.

Lots of potential for an Italian set. Of the main Six participants in G40/GW39, Italy is the only one that has not yet received its own set.

I realize that HBG sells the FMG Italian units, which I already have, but most of these are listed as “Out of Stock” on the website. Not to mention that the ships are sub-par compared to what HBG can design and produce. I would very much like to see an Italian set sometime in the near future. Definitely over a French set, but that is my two cents.

• I would cast a vote for a Russian set, since they’re due for something now, and definitely the French set.

I want the French, Italian and Russian Sets. :-D

• Me too

• Customizer

I understand how you guys are feeling.
    France – I am really wanting the French to have their own units. Really don’t care for the blue Soviet pieces.
    Russia – I would like to see some more Russian units, like perhaps some navy and later war planes.
    Italy – I really want some HBG produced Italian units.  The FMG Italians were great but since they got ripped off and that project got cancelled, I just don’t care to use the FMG units. They are too dark in color and there is no other country units to work with them.

Still, I don’t mind waiting.  HBG will get to these eventually I’m sure. I am really looking forward to the Germany 3 set. I know we already have a lot of German units, but this set really has some cool pieces. I’m most excited for the Panzer IV, Panther, Pocket Battleship and Infantry in Greatcoat. Lots of possible uses for these.
    Plus, while some of these are re-dos of OOB parts (Panther, Stuka, Bismarck, Graf Zeppelin), we all know HBGs version will look so much better, plus we can get them in dark grey OR black as we wish.  OOB is only in black.

• I would at some time like to see plastic factories, not the 3 D printed, and neutrals in national specific sculpts and colors. Currently the neutral armies only pop up if you attack them, and when they finally show up, its in the shape of one of the major players. This is very confusing to me, when a neutral man survives the initial attack, and none of his new friends have not yet noncombat moved into his territory to make him a real Allied. So of course yes, a national specific neutral infantry to every pro and true neutral on the map would sure help my gaming experience. So lets all held our breaths now.

@Narvik:

and neutrals in national specific sculpts and colors. Currently the neutral armies only pop up if you attack them, and when they finally show up, its in the shape of one of the major players. This is very confusing to me, when a neutral man survives the initial attack, and none of his new friends have not yet noncombat moved into his territory to make him a real Allied. So of course yes, a national specific neutral infantry to every pro and true neutral on the map would sure help my gaming experience. So lets all held our breaths now.

By “nation specific”, it sounds like you are asking for unique infantry sculpts for perhaps two dozen separate neutral countries. If that is the case, I would say  that it is highly impractical and will likely never happen. That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t ask for it, if that is what you want, but I am offering my opinion.

True neutral units are, in my experience, never a factor in the game because there is absolutely no benefit in attacking a true neutral country. Individual sculpts for these countries would be a waste of time and effort. Pro-Neutral countries simply become infantry units in the force of the country that activates them. It would be more confusing to have separate sculpts for pro-neutrals; better to just use infantry sculpts from the controlling country. Besides, HBG already has a generic neutral infantry sculpt for all neutrals. Seems like this is much more suitable (and economic for their very low demand). Offhand I can think of a couple different solutions to your left-over scenario which are easier, quicker and cheaper than having HBG produce nation specific neutral infantry.  :wink:

• Another option is to use the infantry units from A&A WWI 1914.

@CWO:

Another option is to use the infantry units from A&A WWI 1914.

Unless he doesn’t own that. I would assume he owns some other versions of WWII A&A… could just use a different color shade from one of those games. Or buy some existing infantry from HBG in a whacky color that he doesn’t currently use. Or buy the neutral infantry piece HBG makes. Or use a marker to denote that the pro-neutrals that remain in said territory are not yet activated… I am just saying there are options.

• LHoffman has the right idea. I just spray painted all strict neutrals  ground and ships using flat white. Then put a coat of sealer on them. Did the same thing for Pro-axis ( rust color ) and Pro-allies ( super dark green ).

I just used all my extra pieces from like 15 games. They are not handled as much but they look great on map and you also know what your Pro’s are by color. In are games 75 % of neutrals are killed and Pro’s activated.

• I for one would like to see French set next, to me it’s an aspa. Then Russian there’s tons of good options there. not really sure of a 3rd set after that. I can list enough Russian pieces that it would take 2 sets to do them all. Facilities i can’t wait for too.

• @Yavid:

I for one would like to see French set next, to me it’s an aspa. Then Russian there’s tons of good options there. not really sure of a 3rd set after that. I can list enough Russian pieces that it would take 2 sets to do them all. Facilities i can’t wait for too.

Speaking of which… Coach is there any kind of time line in place for the French set?

• @Yavid:

@Yavid:

I for one would like to see French set next, to me it’s an aspa. Then Russian there’s tons of good options there. not really sure of a 3rd set after that. I can list enough Russian pieces that it would take 2 sets to do them all. Facilities i can’t wait for too.

Speaking of which… Coach is there any kind of time line in place for the French set?

I’d like to know that too. It’s actually been the set I’ve most been looking forward to ever since it first appeared on HBG’s website!

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@Yavid:

@Yavid:

German Set 3 is in final stage,
    1936 Base Set (Militia Factories, TBD, Cavalry, etc)
    French Set

• @coachofmany:

@Yavid:

@Yavid:

French Set

Third on the list doesn’t look too bad. When could we expect that set to be available then, give or take a few months?

• @Koningstiger:

@coachofmany:

@Yavid:

@Yavid:

French Set

Third on the list doesn’t look too bad. When could we expect that set to be available then, give or take a few months?

My guess is another year of waiting.

• Customizer

I really want the French set too.  But I also really want the Germany 3 set.  And I want the Facilities set (although that one is least on my wants).
    I’d like to see more Russian pieces.
    I’d like to see a British expansion set.
    I’d love to see an HBG made Italian set because I like HBG’s Italian Brown color better.
    There are a lot of games in the works that I’m sure many of you are chomping at the bit to see.  Like how about the extra pieces that will be available in the Kursk game? New examples of German and Soviet armor not already available to us through current sets.
    Or the ships that will be made with Plan Orange. Ship designs that never actually got built but were thought of.
    Plus all the different acrylic markers and all the rules to incorporate them into already existing games.
    I’m just saying all of this takes time and the guys at HBG are not just making new sets. They are doing a whole lot of things all at once and remember, there is only 2 or 3 guys there.
    Plus, even with just making the sets, it takes time to design all the different sculpts and get them just the right size with all the perfect detail we have come to demand of them. Then to work things out with the guys in China and get them made just right and then get them into mass production. Yes, they have a good relationship with the guys in China as is evidenced by the great sets and games we already have, but it still takes time. I might add that the guys in China aren’t game freaks like the guys at HBG.  To them it’s just a business thing.  So even though they are professional and good businessmen, I would still think there may be a little “lost in translation” thing going.
    I mean, imagine someone trying to explain something to you that they are passionate about but you could care less for. It’s just another job for you. Don’t you think it might be hard for you to understand they way they do?
    I’m just saying please everyone have patience and we will all get the sets and games that we are waiting for. They will come, it just takes time. I’m saying this and believe me, I’m an impatient bastard. For me, April seems SO far off. But we all got to suck it up and be patient.
    Coach started this company because he himself had a passion for gaming and saw a void that needed to be filled and, luckily for the rest of us, had the resources, drive, time and patient wife to start up HBG. Since then he has filled that void rather nicely and gone far beyond what he started out to do. The simple game of Axis & Allies has expanded beyond our wildest dreams of just 5 years ago.
    So please everyone just be patient and wait your turn.  My biggest fear is that if we bug him too much, the passion he started out with will start to die and this becomes “just a job” for him. That would be tragic on so many levels.
    I am totally confident we will all eventually get the pieces, sets and games we have been waiting for.  And until then, we already got a lot of good stuff to play with.

• Customizer

Regarding the proposed Civil War game, do HBG need to produce anything other than ships in terms of plastic pieces?

Who doesn’t already have plenty of infantry, cavalry and artillery for this conflict; yet we lack warships and ironclads entirely.

I would also be in the market for generic ship models for the ancient, medieval and sailing ship eras. As well as space marines, aliens and starships of course.

I don’t want to think the company believes it needs to produce entire games in order to make it worthwhile  expanding into new periods of history.

I want basic Napoleonic ships far more than I need 23 different types of Italian tank in 8 new shades of brown.

• Coach, Will any more of the 1st German expansion set pieces be produced? Any chance of adding the Axis minor colors to this set?

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@bfalbo04:

Coach, Will any more of the 1st German expansion set pieces be produced? Any chance of adding the Axis minor colors to this set?

Not too long but adding the other colors are very expensive. let me get the first two colors then we will rerun the mold for the others.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m