FLYER FOR 2ND EDITION E40 AND P40 IS OUT- SEPTEMBER 18TH, 2012

• Direct links:

http://www.wizards.com/ContentResources/Wizards/Sales/Solicitations/2012_07_09_AA1940Europe2_Solicitation_en_US.pdf

http://www.wizards.com/ContentResources/Wizards/Sales/Solicitations/2012_07_09_AA1940Pacific2_Solicitation_en_US.pdf

Saved on my desktop just in case they wanted to take this off…but I figured they won’t this time.

I hear WOTC has gone through some management changes lately and things are looking better…rumor anyway, take that for what its worth.

Since 2011 with the production of Ikusa to the present it “feels” like some good changes have been made.  It seems that they are finally listening to our requests.  Gotta give em props for finally getting it right I suppose.

• looks like this is the year of Axis and Allies 4 games in one year alone.

• Does one new game and 3 revisions count as 4 games?

• it’s better than 2 years between releases

• Indeed, better by a wide margin.

Im just glad to see the boards and units will be standardized in look and feel.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '12

Great news!!!  Don’t tell my wife where her birthday money is going!  Boy is she going to be pissed. :evil:

• Customizer

Since most of the screw ups were on the Pacific board, and I have all my FMG Italians painted I hope the Pacific board matches the old Europe board and I can just replace Pacific.

• Hope they clarify some of the “murky” territory borders that they always flip-flopped on, like is Central US adjacent to Alberta and making the sea zones more accurately line up to the territories that they actually border (Korea, EUS, etc).

Either way, this is already a guaranteed buy for me  :-D

• TripleA

This isn’t a new game, simply a reboot, with better rules.

I should just sell my global boards, not sure how many live games I will get from it.

A bigger board doesn’t matter to me. Just increases the odds something knocks over. Like if they could just make the americas take up less space or the same amount, then that would be cool.

I mean making a bigger board, with 10-20% of the map being the americas to be expanded… is a waste of space but whatever.

~ Always thought the sea zones were pretty clear, not sure why people bring it up so much.

• @questioneer:

Direct links:

http://www.wizards.com/ContentResources/Wizards/Sales/Solicitations/2012_07_09_AA1940Europe2_Solicitation_en_US.pdf

http://www.wizards.com/ContentResources/Wizards/Sales/Solicitations/2012_07_09_AA1940Pacific2_Solicitation_en_US.pdf

Saved on my desktop just in case they wanted to take this off…but I figured they won’t this time.

I hear WOTC has gone through some management changes lately and things are looking better…rumor anyway, take that for what its worth.

Since 2011 with the production of Ikusa to the present it “feels” like some good changes have been made.  It seems that they are finally listening to our requests.  Gotta give em props for finally getting it right I suppose.

The pacific link has a error; When it says whats in it they did not put the countries pieces :-o lol :lol:

• Customizer

WOTC saw the prices OOP games were going for and figured that if the lemmings were willing to pay that much for them, there was a market for the new games. We are lucky that they decided to use some new tooling instead of just rehashing old pieces. Hope you all saved some IPCs to buy these new games for the next round.

I must buy these as I am compelled to now own every A&A game ever made. :evil:

• TripleA '12

Wow, this is great news! I just hope that any errors on the previous maps have now been corrected and that the border to border connections have all been made a lot clearer. But yeah, I’m buying these, absolutely.  :-)

• @Yavid:

looks like this is the year of Axis and Allies 4 games in one year alone.

Even better: if 1941 and the revised 1942 come out on July 27, and the revised versions of P1940 and E1940 come out on September 18, that’ll work out to four releases in an eight-week span.

• The Pacific game says it comes with 2 game boards, is this normal or a goof?

• TripleA

well the pacific half has more territories so, this is a three piece board. usa is going to be the empty board.

• Customizer

To Voltron both games into Global you have 4 boards all together. 2 for each theater.

• The Europe game says it comes with 1 game board so a total of 3 game boards?

• @Scarapis:

The Europe game says it comes with 1 game board so a total of 3 game boards?

There’s no difference between the board specification in the two announcements:

“Same great game as the last version of Europe 1940, including the extra large 35˝ x 32˝ game board for a greater play experience.”  /  “Same great game as the last version of Pacific 1940, including the extra large 35˝ x 32˝ game board for a greater play experience.”

“Both game boards unite to create a massive 70” x 32” playing field that will let you experience the full scale of World War II global conflict!”  / “Both game boards unite to create a massive 70” x 32” playing field that will let you experience the full scale of World War II global conflict!”

In other words: The Pacific game has two boards which assemble into an overall game board measuring 35" x 32".  The Europe game has two boards which assemble into an overall game board measuring 35" x 32".  When you put the two Pacific boards together and the two Europe boards together (4 in all), you get a single Global board measuring 70" x 32".

• TripleA

in other words there will be the vast emptiness of north and south america taking up space.

• You did read what you quoted right? let me underline some parts:

@CWO:

@Scarapis:

The Europe game says it comes with 1 game board so a total of 3 game boards?

There’s no difference between the board specification in the two announcements:

"Same great game as the last version of Europe 1940, including the extra large 35˝ x 32˝ game board for a greater play experience."  /  “Same great game as the last version of Pacific 1940, including the extra large 35˝ x 32˝ game board for a greater play experience.”

"Both game boards unite to create a massive 70” x 32” playing field that will let you experience the full scale of World War II global conflict!"  / “Both game boards unite to create a massive 70” x 32” playing field that will let you experience the full scale of World War II global conflict!”

In other words: The Pacific game has two boards which assemble into an overall game board measuring 35" x 32".  The Europe game has two boards which assemble into an overall game board measuring 35" x 32".  When you put the two Pacific boards together and the two Europe boards together (4 in all), you get a single Global board measuring 70" x 32".

now to highlight the box description:

Axis & Allies Pacific: 1940 (2012 Refresh)
    2 Game Boards
    1 Battle Strip
    1 Casualty Strip
    100 National Control markers
    16 Industrial Complex markers
    16 Naval Base markers
    16 Air Base markers
    5 National Storage Boxes
    80 chips
    10 dice

& Allies Europe: 1940 (2012 Refresh)
    1 Rulebook