Can japan park his fleet on pearl harbor?

• @Cow:

Is there anything official on this?

Yes he clearly quoted the rules in alpha 3, thats official.

• TripleA

So there are no powers not at war restrictions?

• @Cow:

So there are no powers not at war restrictions?

Not for this specific scenario.

• You cannot park on Pearl, as explained, but Midway is legal. I have taken just a carrier to Midway on J1 while pushing hard in to China and waited to see US1. It is possible to destroy the whole of their fleet and take Pearl on J2. This is not ideal, as Japan loses hers too, but I play someone whose US2 is to park off Aus , so i have to DOW on 2 knowing i could lose Carolines. Very annoying!

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Park a FAT contingent at the Carolines, with air support J1,  they’ll be rethinking where the American fleet gets placed…

• TripleA

the two schools of thought collide. some prefer all off of FIC area (all the air there to hit any china or burma stack). Others like the caroline load.

• @wittman:

You cannot park on Pearl, as explained, but Midway is legal.

No.  You CAN park at Pearl, as explained.  SZ 26 is not WITHIN 2 spaces of West USA.

The US, while not at war with Japan, cannot end a move in a seazone that touches Japanese territory.

Japan, while not at war with the US, cannot end a move within 2 seazones of West US and Alaska.  Those are the only two territories with this requirement - the Aleutians, while an “alaskan territory” is NOT Alaska.  These seazones are: 1,2,3,8,9,10,11,12.

It does not mean 2 seazones away from SZ 1, 2 & 10; it means 2 seazones away from West US and Alaska, which include 1, 2, & 10 as the first of those 2 seazones…

• Is that what everyone thinks? What bothers me more is that US can wait by Aus before a DOW and therefore safeguard that VP city and threaten Japanese expansion. Japan cannot be everywhere! Hope to play again soon, but my friend will only do so if we place
    the 18 Russian units from Global on the map. I will never win with alpha 3.9! But I am not whingeing.

• TripleA

Now I am confused.

• Sorry cow, just reaAnjou can park on Pearl. You count as Kcdzim said.

• See Krieghund’s statement on this, too:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=19919.msg959504#msg959504

Pretty clear.

• Wow! I’ve been playing it wrong all along. But putting the Jap fleet at Pearl is REALLY leaving yourself in danger.

• @techroll42:

Wow! I’ve been playing it wrong all along. But putting the Jap fleet at Pearl is REALLY leaving yourself in danger.

But also a way to freak out an Allies player and perhaps bait them into a 100% Pac. strategy ;)

• TripleA

someone did this to me and took hawaii, I bought bombers on east usa to defend against possible sea lion attack on uk or to sink japan… I went to sink japan… and japan got sunk lol. Game was pretty much a breeze from there lol.

• I don’t see a reason to expose your fleet early as Japan.  That said, even playing games with the Americans, albeit fun; is counterproductive.

You don’t gain much as you can still bait the US into buy full Pacific early in the game against a well-versed player, so that school of thought is out.

Carolines don’t come into play until much later in the game (read securing Calcutta) and VC win is Hawaii or Sydney.  However, I’m banking that Hawaii is “easier” to take once removing the fleet than Sydney.  This is primarily due to the Minor IC being able to put out multiple units round after round until you arrive with an Amphib that requires the Carolines.

Its much easier to go after Hawaii as it is a single move from Tokyo anyways (barring any blocks).  Having to fight for the Carolines and then Sydney seems less… efficient?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m