FMGC 2013 - Planning, Roster, Suggestions, Invites

• '10

@Young:

@suprise:

I hope we have all the same people as last year and then some, lets put this event on the map as the one to go to!!!

Hoping for even more participants this year for sure, I will send you some promotion materials when I get them, so you can spread the word states side.

New website being created for the Event.

Should have news after this long weekend.

Jeremy

• Sponsor

FMGC’s very own website… Excellent!

• Founder TripleA Admin

Looking forward to it. I need to book my flight soon or else the prices go up.

Why is it double to fly to YYZ compared to IND?  It’s roughly the same distance. :-P

• '12

What would be sweet is if we could have pages dedicated to specific games and perhaps talks of times/dates and who will be playing/sign up sheets etc.  I have an old game called civilization (but of course my true love is A and A) and would LOVE to play, it’s best played with 5-6 people.  The day of the event is probably too late but if we could have various pages dedicated to each game/version it should allow for people to get a feel for new games and know in advance who else will be playing and when.

• @MrMalachiCrunch:

What would be sweet is if we could have pages dedicated to specific games and perhaps talks of times/dates and who will be playing/sign up sheets etc.  I have an old game called civilization (but of course my true love is A and A) and would LOVE to play, it’s best played with 5-6 people.  The day of the event is probably too late but if we could have various pages dedicated to each game/version it should allow for people to get a feel for new games and know in advance who else will be playing and when.

I’m pretty sure we could set up something for that on the FMGCon website pretty easily.

• Sponsor

Great idea, I assume that individuals making a long trip and paying for a weekend pass, might think twice about coming if they invision themselves walking around aimlessly. I know that as a first timmer last year, having our game and its participants planned out ahead of time made me feel comfortable about what to expect. Can’t wait to see the website!

• Customizer

@djensen:

Why is it double to fly to YYZ compared to IND?  It’s roughly the same distance. :-P

Is YYZ Toronto? I told you last year you should fly in to Buffalo. You’ll pay half even when you factor in the rental car which is also double in Canada.

• Yes, YYZ is Toronto.

The problem with flying to (anywhere in) Canada is that there are insane Airport charges and taxes added on.  One of the many reasons a lot of Canadians fly out of Buffalo!

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

It would be cheaper for me to fly out of seattle to Buffalo too.  (HALF)

If another party wants to work out a deal, I’m willing to plan flights-meet in buffalo-  and share car/transportation?

• Founder TripleA Admin

The opportunity cost here is time, which equates to money in the sense of vacation time. I would have to take an extra 1.5 - 2 days off of work. With that in mind, Buffalo would be more expensive than Toronto. Damn that math stuff! Plus, direcct flights are nice and last year I was upgraded to first class for free. Woohoo!

@Most:

@djensen:

Is YYZ Toronto? I told you last year you should fly in to Buffalo. You’ll pay half even when you factor in the rental car which is also double in Canada.

• Founder TripleA Admin

@Gargantua:

It would be cheaper for me to fly out of seattle to Buffalo too.  (HALF)

If another party wants to work out a deal, I’m willing to plan flights-meet in buffalo-  and share car/transportation?

Wow, the difference for SFO to BUF isn’t that much. It’s only about 67% - 75%.

Oh… well in that case.  I’ll look at plan A.

Still need a CONFIRMED date though!

• Founder TripleA Admin

Jeremy said he’s getting very close to a date. Actually, isn’t the date set, he’s just keeping up all in suspense for the arrival of the FMGC website?

@djensen:

Jeremy said he’s getting very close to a date. Actually, isn’t the date set, he’s just keeping up all in suspense for the arrival of the FMGC website?

You would never do that to us David!

• Yes, the date is set.  We’re just waiting on the committee go-ahead to anounce it officially.  Any day now.

• '12

I’m 15 minutes across the border from Buffalo, while I can’t enter the US I could pick anyone up at the border who is contemplating a route via Buffalo.

• DJensen- Check out DTW and let me know.

Then I just might be persuaded to actually drive up.  It’s a 3.5 - 4 hr drive from my area.  That is IF there isn’t any traffic in TO.  But there always is!!!

That also means you would have to spend a certain amount of time with me in a closed environment.  A scary thought to be sure. :-o

All that though would be dependent on the date chosen.  August is out for me, so keep that in mind.

• Founder TripleA Admin

@Craig Yope I think direct to Toronto is the only way I can make this trip happen. But if you’re only 4 hours away, you should definitely join us.
    puts an envelope to his head and says…
    "August"opens the envelope and reads…
    “A month when FMGC won’t be scheduled.”

• '10

I have booked the 420 wing for the weekend of SEP 21-22

We have some BIG news about the CON soon…  Young Grasshopper will be our official AAA.org MARSHAL for all info.

Website /  Poster and more info to come soon!!

Jeremy

• Late Sept. is a good call.  It has me grinding the ole gray matter on how to make it happen. :mrgreen:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m