G40 League House Rule project

• '19 '13

@Gamerman01:

Don’t worry about Jeff - he quit playing a while ago.
    Wheatbeer is right behind you!  :lol:

What happened to Jeff28?
    I was talking to him and then “puff”, gone!

• '12

@arathorn:

@Gamerman01:

What happened to Jeff28?

I think jeff missed one too many can openers.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@arathorn:

@Gamerman01:

What happened to Jeff28?

I have found this usually happens when someone loses a vast number of aircraft to stacked AA Guns. :P  Not sure if that was the case here, but Mr. Emperor Mollari quit about the second time he lost 80% of his air cover to my guns back in Alpha 2…

• All you regulars should bookmark the page.  I’ll post the link from time to time for newcomers
    The rankings spredsheet is now an online document at this location:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhOB4pSke42ydEhlX0RfbGxmM3RMSHJQd083TV9JUGc#gid=0

• 2007 AAR League

hey, update my record….i have 3 wins now

• @tcnance:

Did you trade the last one in for your manners?

• TripleA

I think jeff missed one too many can openers.

He probably quit because you switched on him, you went from having a  casual game to a “pounce” game on him.

• TripleA

Don’t know much about the game but he let you redo a turn… that sounds pretty big and one miscount or whatever it was that he screwed up on… you didn’t give it to him. So whatever.

He was supposed to win that game. I should have coached him. It was just so funny watching how bad you guys were.

• TripleA

I did tell him to spam infantry for london instead of screwing around with boats n oceans in the atlantic. If I recall I think he was ahead on income by 50 or so, tuv by 1000… he just needed to hold his vcs and he managed to screw that up, which was super funny.

All he had to do was buy infantry for london for like 1 or 2 rounds just to make sure it could never happen.

@Cow:

I did tell him to spam infantry for london instead of screwing around with boats n oceans in the atlantic. If I recall I think he was ahead on income by 50 or so, tuv by 1000… he just needed to hold his vcs and he managed to screw that up, which was super funny.

All he had to do was buy infantry for london for like 1 or 2 rounds just to make sure it could never happen.

Basically, you are saying, he had inferior game play and lost?  :evil:

• '12

I agree he got overconfident and made a huge screw up.  It was never a casual game though he is cutthroat.  He only allowed a redo of one turn because of an illegal turn due ro an obscure and misunderstood rule that triplea handled incorrectly remember.  Then he wants to take back multiple turns? Dont think so.

• Jennifer specifically ruled on that, that Jeff’s wanting to go back several turns (to change a noncom after he saw what Bold was subsequently going to do) was out of the question - ridiculous.

Bold never really “redid a turn”.  He unwittingly illegally flew over a neutral (when he was violating neutrality elsewhere), and Jeff didn’t think anything of it.

Then Bold CAUGHT HIMSELF and got to thinking maybe that was illegal, asked about it and found out it was illegal, so then things needed to be fixed.  Jeff and Bold MUTUALLY AGREED that in the compromise, Bold would leave a couple Italian fighters in Italy when they could have been helping on attacks.

Then Jeff thinks he has a right to change USA/UK noncoms on a French turn after Italy had moved.  So glaringly obvious that there is no comparison.  Jennifer agreed - should have been end of story.

Now all that said, you were asking for Cow to bring this up yet again by poking fun at Jeff here, Bold
    And Cow, those are awfully nasty digs at both Bold and Jeff.
    I suggest you two restart your trash talk thread or whatever - most of the rest of us don’t want to see it.  :roll:

• 2007 AAR League

@seththenewb:

@tcnance:

dont take my posts out of context……im in the top 5 of easiest going people to play here

• '12

@tcnance:

@seththenewb:

@tcnance:

dont take my posts out of context……im in the top 5 of easiest going people to play here

I am number 7

• No, #7 is your gamerman ranking for G40 games this year in the league

On the scale tcnance is referring to, you’re number…… something a lot higher than 7

:lol:

• I think I found an appropriate use for a 3 point score

A win over Mryogen  :wink:

Trash talking is legal.  Flaming is not.  I’ll talk all the trash I want about how horrible your AA Gunners are I could fly a biplane over them and MOON them out the cockpit and they’d STILL miss me at 15 yards.  Calling someone ELSE names is when things go awry and you run afoul our user agreement.

• Who called who a name?

Talking about mooning people out of a biplane at 15 yards is inappropriate

@Gamerman01:

Who called who a name?

Talking about mooning people out of a biplane at 15 yards is inappropriate

No it isn’t, they’re the enemy!  If you can’t moon the enemy, who can you moon?

And for that matter, why can’t the United States declare war on England?  After all, if you cannot betray your friends, WHOM can you betray?

• TripleA

None the less that game went from two newbies duking it out in a really casual game to one guy turning into a douche and so the other guy got really salty.

No matter how you slice it. It was a casual game even if it was league, it was still super casual. Redoing battles, editing, doing turns over, and all that… yeah that is casual.

It is one thing to edit for bugs/patch updates/computer crashes… it is another to allow edits before your turn… another to allow edits after your turn… another to redo stuff…

You know what a fighter illegally moving is? A fighter that stares at where he was trying to go or a fighter that had to fight neutrals to get there (if you did your noncombat movement in combat and you flew over neutrals, yeah you got to fight that). That is what that is.

Same thing for Jeff. A forget is a forget, too bad so sad. You guys were playing real casual up until then.

I learned to do my turns right the first time. I let most players do whatever especially if they tell me they are a beginner and I even remind some players about certain tricks I could do… I said, “1 infantry is not good enough to block my one bomber which has exactly enough movement to get there, please put another infantry at least or I am going to attack it and try to blitz your capital.” Sometimes I tell people this and they leave it the way it was and they just accept defeat when it happens. I forgot who, but I got “warm up dice” in my email… which was pretty funny.

Most of my league games were semi casual, even with Zhukov, which is why I have not called a win on him yet even though it has been two months. I am giving him a month before league ends before I call that one. A long time ago we would play over the lobby with no edits and we played 5 minute turns, those were good times. We had whole games done in a couple of hours.

You guys seemed to have a casual game and all of a sudden it switched to serious competitive. Which is why I frown on you.

Usually that gets established early on and it stays consistent.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m