• Sponsor

I have found a printing company that can create cardboard tray dividers for the 12"x3.5" global boxes. They fold like the anniversary edition tray dividers and would create 3x4" compartments for each box. the problem is, I must order a minimum of 500 and charge $1.50 each just to break even. I will do it if I know I could get rid of them all, anyone interested in dividers for their trays?

• OK you should contact HBG and get some grafics made as well as new replacement boxes made of plastic. I would find an accommodating plastic container that is the same size to offer an entire replacement of the cardboard, then have the dividers configured to fit perfectly in the new box. A decal sheet of each nations logo and identification could round out the product.

At BGG they got some guy who already has made these dividers and people are selling them on ebay.

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/66868/diy-tuck-box-insert-letter-format-printing

• Sponsor

Thanks IL

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

I am working on some labels for plastic cases. I should have them finished in two weeks.

• Customizer

“Coach”,

I’d be interested in these.

Currently I use the “Plano” brand of tackle boxes from the “Bass Pro Shop” store.  The two I got each had a set of five trays in one convenient carrying case.  One case each for 1940-Pacific and Europe.  Each of the five trays would hold all of the OOB units for one country with 5 trays to each case.  I added copies of the “Starting Set-up” and “Unit A/D/C/M Factors” to the tops of each countries tray for convenience.

Now with the new units HBG and FMG are producing I’ve already bought some new, larger tray/case sets.  With so many simular units now in each tray, labelling each bin inside them will be NECESSARY.  And as always you are right on target concerning our future needs and producing them.  Thanks again.

Wow, If I had a penny for every time I gave you a deserved “Thank You” I’d be rich.  Well, at least I’d be able to buy some more A&A units, haha.

What are your proposed sizes for your labels???

"Tall Paul

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

Here is one of the Nations, I will have all the ones in the games plus minors for people who want them.

Canada-r.png

• '10

Very nice.  Can’t wait to see the rest.

• @Imperious:

OK you should contact HBG and get some grafics made as well as new replacement boxes made of plastic. I would find an accommodating plastic container that is the same size to offer an entire replacement of the cardboard, then have the dividers configured to fit perfectly in the new box. A decal sheet of each nations logo and identification could round out the product.

At BGG they got some guy who already has made these dividers and people are selling them on ebay.

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/66868/diy-tuck-box-insert-letter-format-printing

I made those!  :mrgreen:  Are people seriously selling them on Ebay  :?

• @Tall:

“Coach”,

I’d be interested in these.Â

Currently I use the “Plano” brand of tackle boxes from the “Bass Pro Shop” store.  The two I got each had a set of five trays in one convenient carrying case.  One case each for 1940-Pacific and Europe.  Each of the five trays would hold all of the OOB units for one country with 5 trays to each case.  I added copies of the “Starting Set-up” and “Unit A/D/C/M Factors” to the tops of each countries tray for convenience.

Now with the new units HBG and FMG are producing I’ve already bought some new, larger tray/case sets.  With so many simular units now in each tray, labelling each bin inside them will be NECESSARY.  And as always you are right on target concerning our future needs and producing them.  Thanks again.Â

Wow, If I had a penny for every time I gave you a deserved “Thank You” I’d be rich.  Well, at least I’d be able to buy some more A&A units, haha.  Â

What are your proposed sizes for your labels???

"Tall Paul  Â

Which model Plano container did you find that comes with 5 trays?  Most of the ones I know of have only 2-4?  (Though I’ve found that the 4x tray systems can carry two more in the lid on top…

Plano is really the way to go, as their standard sizes give you almost limitless options.  To label them, I just use standard Avery labels; they’re very easy to work with and, again, endlessly customizable.  I’m actually working on labels for Plano 3500 trays that I can fit 6 of in the Plano 1354 tray system; they can easily be customized with the HBG and FMG logos with minimal effort.  The 3500 tray is probably the ideal size for each individual AA combatant.  If you use all of the dividers, you can have up to 15 compartments in each one, 3 for the longer naval ships and up to 12 for whatever combination on land and air units (+ roundels and dice if you like…)

• I use Flambeau Tuff Tainer Model 5004 storage boxes, for which I bought a big bunch of extra Zerust divider tabs.  (The dividers supposedly emit a rust-proofing vapour, which is handy if you use your tackle boxes to store fishing gear but which is irrelevant when your boxes are full of plastic sculpts.  At any rate, they’re blue and they look nice, so I like them anyway.)

• You can also just make your own out of thin cardboard too. Â The layout and overall design will vary depending on both which game you are building them for and the piece assortment. Â If you put some Quality time into them you can end up with a product that will last for many years. Â Here are some examples from A&A revised I did years ago and they’re still in A1 shape:

The Europe/Pacific boxes were a little more of a challenge and required a tiered approach:

Well, how do I post pictures??? �  It says that I can’t post links to photobucket.

• Customizer

Hey Pacific War,
    You won’t be able to post pictures unitl you have a certain number of posts. (I had the same problem when I first started on the forum) I think after you have 20 posts or so it will let you post pictures and links and such. I believe it’s a way to keep some spammers from putting erroneous links in the forum.

I use the Plano model 2-3750 containers for my pieces and they work great. I did have a slight problem with my FMG Italian set because they have 2 types of infantry and 2 types of tanks, plus the extra units that OOB doesn’t have; commanders, transport planes and trucks. Right now my Italian carriers and battleships have to share a compartment, but it’s still cool. Here’s my American container.

USA proper.JPG

• Thanks for the info!  I’ll check back on this thread when I get a few more posts  under my belt.

• Customizer

I’ve been using Ozimeks since pacific 40 came out and they are still in great shape. This is high praise as I buy the cheapest printer paper you can get. Perfect design. They have 6 compartments and I break them up thus:
    1-inf and mech
    2-art and tanks
    3-planes
    4-Capitol ships
    5-rest of navy
    6-roundels

• I posted the boxes over at Boardgamegeek.  If you look under both the Revised edition (3 pictures) and the original Europe edition (4 pictures) under recent images, you should find them readily.

• Customizer

Very nice. I like those. Well done.

• Okiedokie…here are the pictures.  Thanks for setting me up to insert links guys!

Revised:

And Europe:

• Looks good.  And I like the nice, orderly formation of German tanks in the last picture – obviously a well-trained Panzer brigade.

• @coachofmany:

I am working on some labels for plastic cases. I should have them finished in two weeks.

any update on these Coach, i understand you have alot going on but i would buy these off of you as well as all the other great items you have been producing!

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

Yes, the project did get sidelined for a while. But now Coach is almost done with them. Look for them soon on HBG!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m