What is your most insane game of Global 1940?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I’ve played some REALLY good games of global,

But honestly, my best game was a 1940 europe game, against Canuck12, F2F,  I think it went into the 22, or 23rd round.

Canuck is a solid opponent who knows what he’s doing, the dice were with him I’d say 55% to 45% for me, but he made a few more mistakes/misjudgements (Not that I didn’t either) - I’d say mostly experience made the difference.

Anyways, Axis did poorly G1, and for the hell of it, did a neutral invasion G2, the british overconfident, amassed their fleet off Gibraltar.  But with the capture of Spain, neglected to realize the convienience of this landing location,  the brits were DECIMATED. It was tit for tat from there,  alot of battling for the middle east,

The game saw such crazy things as

• A Major in Norway
    • Airbase in Spain
    • A USA that got stiff armed out of the meditarrean by cheap moves and creative logistics until US #9
      *A minor in West India, which beat the hell out of italy, until falling in a chess like rook capture manuever by Italian movement through the suez, threatening WIN and SAF at the same time.
      *German light SBR of Russia
      *Russian Airpower checking and threatening Italian navy
      *EPIC German fail on the eastern front Turn 15, recovered somehow.
      *Italian SBR of GIB naval base, to block American Capital Capture of ROME.
      *A FAT American navy with 16 FULL transports, floating around in the mediteranean  Unloading into Russia for the Bitter end.
      *Over 12 turns of -par income- within 5 IPC’s axis vs allies.
      *Hundreds, literally HUNDREDS of IPC’s down the drain due to sub interdiction
      *French fighter can-opener BLOCK by the allies, royally screwing the German advance/recovery of the middle east 3/4 way point of game.
      *Back and Forth so tightly, until the last turn of the game, it wasn’t clear who would win.
      *France and Russia Entirely removed from game board in last turn.
      *Huge American Navy TRAPPED in the Black Sea for the rest of TIME!

And in finale…  The Axis about to put their final push into Moscow, over a MONTH of play,  made a mistake…  a corrective move was asked for -and granted by Canuck12, though even then there was still a 50% odds battle for Berlin that went unseen.

Germans take the Russian Capital for the win with 1 armor and 3 planes, from an attack value of almost 200.  Allies Surrender.

France NEVER liberated :)

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Russia down, America in Balkans, S. Italy, Yugoslavia, Romania, England with Minors in Cuacasus, S. Ukraine, N. Ukraine.

Granted, it was an American Pac-Strat and it totally crushed the Axis, even with Russia down.

• There was a game i was part of which saw Italy invade and take Washington DC.    Italy also had a Major IC in Brazil.  The weird thing that occurred was The Soviet Union had a part in taking back and liberating DC. Germany was pretty much decimated early in the game by horrible rolls and dumb moves (mostly on my part).  The game lasted around 35 rounds or so and took several weeks.  It was just an overall odd game. Japan ended up with most of Africa and ANZAC built a pretty formidable Navy and Air Force due to neglect by Japan.  Anyways I gotta say although it was a blast, I hope I don’t have another game like that for a while, it was pretty rough.

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

A KJF that failed!

Japan managed to keep the US at bay a few turns too long while Germany gained an insurmountable lead.  Massive tank battles in the Middle East between German tank columns and US and British forces resulted in a German move into India.  Germany had also managed a full on assault on the US East coast and took most of Canada, South and Central America.  After boxing in Japan, the US tried to contain Germany’s expansion but failed.  The game was called for the Axis after Germany and to a lesser extent Italy controlled all of Europe, Africa, and Asia.  The only thing that may have changed the game (or prolonged it) would have been the ability of China to move its massive armies out of China – a rule I think should be changed, say if there are no Chinese occupied territories left.

I do not believe KJF is ever the solution.  SJF is much of the time.

I assume your Italian major in Brazil was OOB, it’s not valid in Alpha 2.

• Had a game come down to Stalingrad.  Germany controlled it, but Russia took it back.  Japan then took it back again, but Calcutta took it from the Japanese.  Italy retook it barely with a single unit, so the Axis won when Germany began its next turn.

@shadowguidex:

Had a game come down to Stalingrad.  Germany controlled it, but Russia took it back.  Japan then took it back again, but Calcutta took it from the Japanese.  Italy retook it barely with a single unit, so the Axis won when Germany began its next turn.

Are you sure it does not start over with Italy?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Even if it did, it’s highly plausible that no one had anything left to attack it with.

• @Cmdr:

@shadowguidex:

Had a game come down to Stalingrad.  Germany controlled it, but Russia took it back.  Japan then took it back again, but Calcutta took it from the Japanese.  Italy retook it barely with a single unit, so the Axis won when Germany began its next turn.

Are you sure it does not start over with Italy?

h
    hmmmm, this would be a good scenario to post in the FAQ to get an answer from  Krieg or Gamerman.

• At the end of the game (it was going way too long) Japan occupied Washington and London but had lost their capital to ANZAC and Berlin had been captured by The Soviet Union. The only powers left in the game were Italy, USSR, India, China and ANZAC. Had the game kept going, the Japanese soldiers in London could have easily liberated Berlin.

• @MacNaughton:

At the end of the game (it was going way too long) Japan occupied Washington and London but had lost their capital to ANZAC and Berlin had been captured by The Soviet Union. The only powers left in the game were Italy, USSR, India, China and ANZAC. Had the game kept going, the Japanese soldiers in London could have easily liberated Berlin.

Now this sounds like a crazy game.  Japan takes out the US and can still liberate Germany.  Wow!

• Anymore insane games?

@gsh34:

@MacNaughton:

At the end of the game (it was going way too long) Japan occupied Washington and London but had lost their capital to ANZAC and Berlin had been captured by The Soviet Union. The only powers left in the game were Italy, USSR, India, China and ANZAC. Had the game kept going, the Japanese soldiers in London could have easily liberated Berlin.

Now this sounds like a crazy game.  Japan takes out the US and can still liberate Germany.  Wow!

Think I am going to have that game against LuckyLindy in the league soon!

• well this not on global 1940.

I was playing as the axis in the revised Edition.

At the End of the game:

Germany had Western Russia, North Africa, UK, Persia, and Eastern Canada.

Japan had Pacific, Asia, Eastern Russian, Africa, India, Western Canada,Australia and ALL of the US.

No allied Territories were left.

@ahensley85:

There was a game i was part of which saw Italy invade and take Washington DC.    Italy also had a Major IC in Brazil.  The weird thing that occurred was The Soviet Union had a part in taking back and liberating DC. Germany was pretty much decimated early in the game by horrible rolls and dumb moves (mostly on my part).  The game lasted around 35 rounds or so and took several weeks.  It was just an overall odd game. Japan ended up with most of Africa and ANZAC built a pretty formidable Navy and Air Force due to neglect by Japan.  Anyways I gotta say although it was a blast, I hope I don’t have another game like that for a while, it was pretty rough.

WHAT? @Cmdr:

@gsh34:

@MacNaughton:

Think I am going to have that game against LuckyLindy in the league soon!

WHAT?

• Well I don’t have Japan liberating Berlin, but this was an…odd game.

The strangest move was Italy pulling out of Africa to recapture UK.

But what made this strange is the power went out at 7:00 pm, on G2. That means that Sealion was fought in the dark (1 flashlight only).

• wow, lots of weird games.

• any more?

• this idea is crazier than it actually happening but…

back in OOB europe, USSR took Berlin…via AMPHIBIOUS ASSAULT!

he left his capitol lightly defended (something like 4-5 inf) and russia sacked it with 1inf, 1arm, 2 ftr, 1 tac & 1 BB offshore! lol

shame they took that tran away…
    lol

• Germany finally took Russia, United States invaded Berlin and failed, but the UK was there to finish Berlin. Fortunately,  Italy took London. We called the game after that because the Allies had control of the seas but no land units left in the European theater and Germany had the ability to liberate Berlin.

• Deffiantly the game where USA did all the work. (I am Canadian) Anyways I was the US and kinda Russia.  Anyways the gane went like this for each country

Germany: turtles all game….
    Italy: Makes African gains going back and forth
    Russia: Has all this infantry ready to defend
    E England: just fights navally and fights for Africa
    P England: Holds assets and takes DEI
    Anzac: makes a navy with little earnings and sends fighters to India
    That stuff is all boring

Japan: decides forget the U.S. Sends everything including navy towards the pacific India and china and USSR.  All 30 planes. He basically has all these forces ripping through china and getting poor dice eventually gets hit by American airforce

I was like okay… Small transport fleet with my awesome fighters who tech roLled jets and + 1 attack. So I pooped on Japan which he left empty basically. Then I sent my fighters to China and got lucky roles. Go to the Russian front. Not one attack… Its like they are friends or something. So the attack on the eastern front was American. Roughly 100 fighters since I was making 10 a turn.  The eastern front is won. With the russian army which did nothing take the capital. Same for Italy.

France: got screwed

Pooped on Japan: First game we were making code names for everything.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m