Can't win a Global game with Sea Lion

• @Blitchga:

Sea Lion is only a viable strategy from what I have seen if UK does not take the threat seriously and does not therefor defend its capital with enough and does not bring the carrier and destroyer from Morocco back to the North Atlantic.

Or perhaps if USA is busy in the Pacific?

• @zooooma:

@Blitchga:

Sea Lion is only a viable strategy from what I have seen if UK does not take the threat seriously and does not therefor defend its capital with enough and does not bring the carrier and destroyer from Morocco back to the North Atlantic.

True, but then you have the game already because you are playing allies who are unsure of how to keep the grand strategy in mind.

• @Blitchga:

@zooooma:

@Blitchga:

True, but then you have the game already because you are playing allies who are unsure of how to keep the grand strategy in mind.

If Japan could force America into the Pacific, do you thing Germany and Italy could hold out against just Russia and colonial UK post Sea Lion?

• No question about it, if UK is out of the game and the US is forced to focus on the pacific, the axis will win. I think the objective of a good axis player is to take Africa with Italy, push carefully into Russia with Germany and force the US to focus on the Pacific first with Japan. How you go about that is up to you, but it is a race against time for the axis, if Germany can take Russia before the US can land in Europe then the axis should be well on their way to a win.

• @maverick_76:

No question about it, if UK is out of the game and the US is forced to focus on the pacific, the axis will win. I think the objective of a good axis player is to take Africa with Italy, push carefully into Russia with Germany and force the US to focus on the Pacific first with Japan. How you go about that is up to you, but it is a race against time for the axis, if Germany can take Russia before the US can land in Europe then the axis should be well on their way to a win.

I think if sea lion is pulled off turn 2 because the UK player did not prepare on defense then it is worth it.  Otherwise too many resources are required to take UK and Russia will be knocking on Europe’s door.  If the US is in position it can normally get UK back when it enters the war with little resources.

Also is US aloud to put a fleet off the coast of New Brunswick before it is in the war?  If so that means it could retake UK the turn it falls by useing the naval base.  Or if US is aloud to be in New Brunswick can it not use the naval base there since UK and US are not actually allies at that point?

• I think the US is not allowed in any territory other than it’s own until a DOW has been made against it, or the turn limit expires.

• I meant just being in the sea zone that borders the naval base.  Not actually entering the terriotory.  I know they can’t go off the coast of Africa but I am not sure about Cananda.

• I don’t think they would be allowed to use the powers of the base because it isn’t theirs.

• Ok that makes sense.  They would not be able to use it until they become allies with UK.

• the US could position troops on TR off Canada.  As soon as they are at war they will be able to use the Naval base

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m