Community Links for Global 1940 Related files

• Australia Sheepskin Ugg Boots on sale,you can buy cheap ugg boots,ugg boots 5815,discount ugg boots 5825,ugg boots 5823,ugg boots for womens,Australia Sheepskin Ugg Boots,ugg winter boots,UGG Bailey Button,UGG Classic Short,UGG Classic Tall,Ugg Classic Cardy.

• This post is deleted!
  • Customizer

Here are an assortment of game aids that I created for my game.  They include setup cards for Global and Pacific (the original setups), a political situation reference for Global, and a few others.  They are all in print-quality PDF format.

EDIT:  I have just uploaded the charts with Alpha +3 rules and setups included.

http://www.vector1design.com/AxisAllies/

• Where can i find the setup for the neutral countries?

/Mike

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

@bcguitars:

Here are an assortment of game aids that I created for my game.  They include setup cards for Global and Pacific (the original setups), a political situation reference for Global, and a few others.  They are all in print-quality PDF format.

EDIT:  I have just uploaded the charts with Alpha +3 rules and setups included.

http://www.vector1design.com/AxisAllies/

These are the best set ups IMO.  But Bcguitars seems AWOL.  Anyone else able to update them?

• They’re alpha+3, what updates need to be made to them to reflect 2nd Edition?

• Ok, here is a beta Global 40 iWork Numbers spreadsheet for tracking IPCs. It works on Mac OS X, iOS, and PCs via iCloud in a browser. It is NOT Microsoft Excel compatible (and don’t ask me to make an Excel version, I don’t have time).

My group uses a projector to put the spreadsheet on the wall so everyone can see it. It also looks good on a 60 inch TV at 125% (with the Formatting pane hidden), but it does require vertical scrolling (sorry, but there’s just too many territories to fit all of them on a 1920x1080 screen).

EVERY territory has a popup menu. Just select who owns the territory, and the IPC income table will update accordingly. When someone declares their combat moves, mark the territories as Contested, and then update them after the battles have been fought. Contested territories are highlighted in red, so marking them before battle will help you keep track of which territories need to be updated after battle. (NOTE: Marking a territory as Contested removes its IPCs from the country that owns it. The IPC totals will be accurate after combat is concluded and the territory is assigned its rightful owner.) There’s also a National Objectives table that is mostly automatic, but it does have some checkboxes for certain situations. And, if strict neutrals become pro-whoever, there are popup menus to set them accordingly (which should be done because it affects a NO for Germany).

The spreadsheet is editable via iCloud in a browser, but there are limitations. You can perform minor edits to equations, but you’ll need Numbers on a Mac to edit equations with references to other tables. Also, there is a hidden table that deals with victory cities. If you accidentally select it and edit a cell, you’ll screw up the Victory Cities table (the one with the totals).

So, have a look and let me know what’s broken. The spreadsheet is based on one I did for Spring 1942 (which was play tested many times), but I haven’t had a chance to use this version in a game yet. Everything looks good to me in my limited testing, but the logic for the National Objectives is somewhat complicated, so pay close attention.

Edit: Attached a pict of a Spring 1942 game where we used a similar spreadsheet.

Edit (8/13/2015): Removed the spreadsheet for and added an updated version to a new post.

Spring 1942 with Spreadsheet on Wall.jpg

• Here’s another tool that some people might find useful (especially for new players or players trying to keep track of a large, diverse purchase).

It’s my Unit Purchase Tool. It’s simply a web form that lets you enter your income and industrial capacity (optional), and then select units. The total IPCs remaining is shown at the top.

I use it on iOS, and I’ve tested it on a PC with Chrome and on a Surface tablet. They all seem to work fine.

On iOS, it’s best if you can put the file on a web server, open it, and save it to your home page (it’s just one self-contained file and doesn’t need access to the internet once it’s on the iOS home screen). The file will open in Mail, but it won’t work. Another option is to upload it to Dropbox. It will open in iOS and work from there (you just can’t save it to your home page and it has some weird usability behavior; it works, but it’s kinda weird). As much as it pains me to say it, accessing the file is easier on the Surface.

Anyway, have a look and let me know what you think.

Edit: I added a manifest file so that once it’s on your iOS home screen, you can remove it from your server. The form will work whether or not you’re connected to the internet.

Edit 2: Updated the form to v4. The only change is the addition of the Industrial Complex Upgrade.

Axis and Allies G40 Purchase Tool v4.zip

• wow GREAT JOB !!! asking to much AAE AAP

@MtnGoatJoe:

Ok, here is a beta Global 40 iWork Numbers spreadsheet for tracking IPCs. It works on Mac OS X, iOS, and PCs via iCloud in a browser. It is NOT Microsoft Excel compatible (and don’t ask me to make an Excel version, I don’t have time).

My group uses a projector to put the spreadsheet on the wall so everyone can see it. It also looks good on a 60 inch TV at 125% (with the Formatting pane hidden), but it does require vertical scrolling (sorry, but there’s just too many territories to fit all of them on a 1920x1080 screen).

EVERY territory has a popup menu. Just select who owns the territory, and the IPC income table will update accordingly. When someone declares their combat moves, mark the territories as Contested, and then update them after the battles have been fought. Contested territories are highlighted in red, so marking them before battle will help you keep track of which territories need to be updated after battle. (NOTE: Marking a territory as Contested removes its IPCs from the country that owns it. The IPC totals will be accurate after combat is concluded and the territory is assigned its rightful owner.) There’s also a National Objectives table that is mostly automatic, but it does have some checkboxes for certain situations. And, if strict neutrals become pro-whoever, there are popup menus to set them accordingly (which should be done because it affects a NO for Germany).

The spreadsheet is editable via iCloud in a browser, but there are limitations. You can perform minor edits to equations, but you’ll need Numbers on a Mac to edit equations with references to other tables. Also, there is a hidden table that deals with victory cities. If you accidentally select it and edit a cell, you’ll screw up the Victory Cities table (the one with the totals).

So, have a look and let me know what’s broken. The spreadsheet is based on one I did for Spring 1942 (which was play tested many times), but I haven’t had a chance to use this version in a game yet. Everything looks good to me in my limited testing, but the logic for the National Objectives is somewhat complicated, so pay close attention.

Edit: Attached a pict of a Spring 1942 game where we used a similar spreadsheet.

• Another awesome file …. works good in Safari

@MtnGoatJoe:

Here’s another tool that some people might find useful (especially for new players or players trying to keep track of a large, diverse purchase).

It’s my Unit Purchase Tool. It’s simply a web form that lets you enter your income and industrial capacity (optional), and then select units. The total IPCs remaining is shown at the top.

I use it on iOS, and I’ve tested it on a PC with Chrome and on a Surface tablet. They all seem to work fine.

On iOS, it’s best if you can put the file on a web server, open it, and save it to your home page (it’s just one self-contained file and doesn’t need access to the internet once it’s on the iOS home screen). The file will open in Mail, but it won’t work. Another option is to upload it to Dropbox. It will open in iOS and work from there (you just can’t save it to your home page and it has some weird usability behavior; it works, but it’s kinda weird). As much as it pains me to say it, accessing the file is easier on the Surface.

Anyway, have a look and let me know what you think.

Edit: I added a manifest file so that once it’s on your iOS home screen, you can remove it from your server. The form will work whether or not you’re connected to the internet.

• I’ve updated the Unit Purchase Tool to v4. The only change is the ability to add and Industrial Complex Upgrade to the purchase.

If anyone has any thoughts on how the app should work or look, please let me know.

Axis and Allies G40 Purchase Tool v4.zip

• @fuegomusic:

wow GREAT JOB !!! asking to much AAE AAP

@MtnGoatJoe:

Ok, here is a beta Global 40 iWork Numbers spreadsheet for tracking IPCs. It works on Mac OS X, iOS, and PCs via iCloud in a browser. It is NOT Microsoft Excel compatible (and don’t ask me to make an Excel version, I don’t have time).

Thanks for the praise! Unfortunately, I’m not going to be playing AAE or AAP, only Global. And I just don’t have time to make separate spreadsheets.

• IPC Tracker

Ok, I’ve made some minor changes and am attaching a new version of the G40 spreadsheet. This requires the spreadsheet Numbers (from Apple) via a Mac, iOS device, or browser, and will not work in Excel. (We use it via IE on a Surface tablet.)

Please let me know if you find any bugs or if you have any feedback.

I’m also posting a new version of the G42 spreadsheet in the next post.

A&A G40 IPC Tracker.numbers.zip

• IPC Tracker

Ok, I’ve made some minor changes and am attaching a new version of the G42 spreadsheet. This requires the spreadsheet Numbers (from Apple) via a Mac, iOS device, or browser, and will not work in Excel. (We use it via IE on a Surface tablet.)

Please let me know if you find any bugs or if you have any feedback.

I’m also posting a new version of the G40 spreadsheet in the previous post.

A&A G42 IPC Tracker.numbers.zip

• '17 '16 '15

@Karl7:

@bcguitars:

Here are an assortment of game aids that I created for my game. �They include setup cards for Global and Pacific (the original setups), a political situation reference for Global, and a few others. �They are all in print-quality PDF format.

**EDIT:**� I have just uploaded the charts with Alpha +3 rules and setups included.

These are the best set ups IMO.� But Bcguitars seems AWOL.� Anyone else able to update them?

FYI: Someone has updated these charts over at Harris Game Design in case anyone is interested; I really like the layout of these setup cards as well.

harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=18550

• In the Global setup, West India is given to Pacific England in the IPC cout. My question is whether Europe England or Pacific England would control an industrial complex placed on West India since it is on the European half of the board? Thanks

• Hi Jamesamant and welcome to the forum.

West India is, as you say, transferred to UK Pacific in Global.

So a factory there would be controlled by UK Pacific for as long as UK Pacific is in the game and West India has not been taken by Axis and then recaptured by the Allies. In which case it would belong to the capturing ally until India is liberated, when it would revert to UK Pacific.

Cheers
    PP

• http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=26382.0
    These are one of my favorite setup cards for global 40 2nd ed. Thanks Panda!

• Are there any Victory City charts for G40 2nd ed.?

• PantherP Panther referenced this topic on
  • PantherP Panther unpinned this topic on

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m