• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Some of these are quite good. I especially like your infantry pieces. Simple, but very well done. I like that they are very easily identifiable by color. I feel like if A&A had them painted OOB then this is what they would look like. Nice job.

• looking good.  I like your Panther Camo.  I agree, your Infantry look great.

• Thanks for the positive feedback. I’ll continue to add more and update them regularly.

• Customizer

Looking Good There! Well Done. Keep up the good work. I look forward to seeing more.

“Tall Paul”

• Thanks! I just updated the link. I added decals to the German Air Force and Navy. I also started and finished the Russian ground force. I like the results but mannn it is tedious, took me hours to get them done.

• Customizer

Wow!  :-o  Fantastic stuff!  I keep glancing - can’t stop! eh eh ehe - any new units as of late?

Heya, what company makes the minis you use? And is that city piece from Dust? or …?

• '12

Most of them are caesar minis. Go to plastic soldier review. com you ll see all of them.

• Customizer

Ahhh… should have just checked those out myself (face palm).  That’s what happens when I get all excited about some minis - type before thinking eh eh eh

• Customizer

This thread needs a bump… been doing some painting lately myself.

• Customizer

Toblerone77,

––I’d be quite happy to see your latest paint jobs. All of us inspire each other, not to mention we get to enjoy someone else’s cool paint jobs. As a matter of fact, LHoffman should be posting pics of the German aircraft ‘prototypes’ today or tomorrow on his thread. I’ll be looking forward to seeing your newest units.

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

@Tall:

Toblerone77,

––I’d be quite happy to see your latest paint jobs. All of us inspire each other, not to mention we get to enjoy someone else’s cool paint jobs. As a matter of fact, LHoffman should be posting pics of the German aircraft ‘prototypes’ today or tomorrow on his thread. I’ll be looking forward to seeing your newest units.

“Tall Paul”

I’m out of town right now but will post pics when I get back. I’m doing my old set from Milton Bradley right now. I had old Fortress America pieces mixed in. I posted those old pics but decided to repaint the ones I already have done. I have all th FA pieces done except some planes. Painting eight different color schemes on units that all look the same isn’t easy LOL!

I bought some ANZAC, Italian, and French infantry from HBG I’ll be throwing in the mix too. I’m not sure people want to see the FA units so much on a WWII site but ehh I guess it’s related closely enough when contextualized.

I have a technique I use that’s pretty unique and may post a tutorial eventually but who knows.

Anyway I really have enjoyed painting miniatures and love seeing what everyone’s doing with these paintjobs.

• Customizer

@Tall:

Toblerone77,

“Tall Paul”

LHoffman does some nice stuff I can’t wait to see that!

• '14

@Tall:

Toblerone77,

“Tall Paul”

I tried painting the bases of my Infantry units, but after countless fails (maybe too much coffee. Or, too little. I dunno its a VERY fine line) i gave up. I may go back and do the air craft (I am thinking it may be an easier start to get the ball rolling) but only after i magnetise the ACC’s and the corresponding fighters and Tac bombers for Global 40.

• Customizer

Wartorn & Others,

––FYI,… the painted bases on the Infantry units were painted by an artist named Chad Coffman, a.k.a. “Allworkandnoclay” rather than LHoffman. He just finished another “batch” of units if you want to see pics of them. Lucas does an amazing job himself, especially on the tiniest of details like cockpit frames, etc.
    ––I’m always up for seeing some of your painted units,…it keeps us all inspirred.

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

Personally I do bases in black. Just because it is easier for jack boots or easy to paint leggings. It also makes it easier if you decide later to use modeling terrain such as grass or soil at a latter point.

• Adding the national symbol to all those bases sure is time consuming, but it does help out in quickly knowing who’s forces are who’s. It would almost be easier to cut the base off, paint them and glue them back together.

• Customizer

Guys,

@Nobel:

Adding the national symbol to all those bases sure is time consuming, but it does help out in quickly knowing who’s forces are who’s. It would almost be easier to cut the base off, paint them and glue them back together.

––Having the bases of my Infantry units painted with their national insignia isn’t just to add to their “Cool Factor”,…it serves an actual purpose in that I find that I don’t need to use any
    “teritory control markers”
    on the gameboard, thus getting rid of some of the “clutter”, which is important even on a board that’s been enlarged to 4’ x 9’.

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

Guys,

@Nobel:

Adding the national symbol to all those bases sure is time consuming, but it does help out in quickly knowing who’s forces are who’s. It would almost be easier to cut the base off, paint them and glue them back together.

––Since you’re interested, here’s pics of the ‘latest batch’ from “Allworkandnoclay”:
    USA Rifle infantry-European scheme (left) and UK Rifle Infantry-European scheme (right).

“Tall Paul”

Infantry-USA_Europe01.jpg
    Infantry-UK_Europe01.jpg

• Customizer

And let’s not forget the Russian Rifle Infantry in Winter scheme that were just completed.

“Tall Paul”

Infantry-Russia_Winter01.jpg

• @Tall:

And let’s not forget the Russian Rifle Infantry in Winter scheme that were just completed.

Very nice!  I note with amusement that you posted this on the last half-day of this year’s winter, so perhaps the next painted set we’ll see will be Germans equiped for a summer offensive (or splattered with Russian springtime mud).  :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m