Bob_A_Mickelson's AAG40 National Production/Objectives and Setup Charts

• TripleA

Can we expect updated charts with the final alpha  set up in the next while?

It would be nice, if it is possible for you Bob, to split the Tech chart to a seperate one, and the NO’s to a seperate as well.  There are a ton of them to squeeze on that one paper with all the IPC tracking.

Thanks.

• Customizer

@94Canuck:

Can we expect updated charts with the final alpha  set up in the next while?

It would be nice, if it is possible for you Bob, to split the Tech chart to a seperate one, and the NO’s to a seperate as well.  There are a ton of them to squeeze on that one paper with all the IPC tracking.

Thanks.

When Larry releases his final update (the one that will be listed in the FAQ) I will create new setup charts.

As for splitting up the tech chart and NO charts. I suspect that that it will have to be done since the number of NOs is increasing. If NO’s are continued to be marked on the charts using my present system I will need 49 spots to put them. Thats alot of space. I know that i can fit up to 45 with the current system but going to 49 seems a bit too much.

Suggestions?

• You should split them up. Also, produce charts for AA50 and AA42 and have them all in this one thread… in one place.

Setup’s, NO’s and Tech all on separate plates.

• TripleA

As per the thread on Larry’s site the curret Alpha 2 is the final and will be printed in upcoming prints of the both Europe and Pacific.

My suggestions for changes might be:

IPC Tracking and Tech on one chart, split horizontal.  Basically remove the NO’s from the current IPC, put the tech where they were and extend both to the left edge.

Seperate page for NO’s should fit in that same amount of space.

• Customizer

http://harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=4167

Please use the following setups, National Objectives and listed rules when playing Global 1940. These rules, or the final variation of these rules will appear in future re-prints of Axis & Allies Pacific 1940 and Axis & Allies Europe 1940.
    Larry Harris

Doesn’t sound finished to me.

• Customizer

@Bob_A_Mickelson:

When Larry releases his final update (the one that will be listed in the FAQ) I will create new setup charts.

As for splitting up the tech chart and NO charts. I suspect that that it will have to be done since the number of NOs is increasing. If NO’s are continued to be marked on the charts using my present system I will need 49 spots to put them. Thats alot of space. I know that i can fit up to 45 with the current system but going to 49 seems a bit too much.

Suggestions?

My suggestion would be to make a spot for the multiple territory NO’s and place a control marker on for each NO achieved. For example USSR takes 2 original German territories and places 2 control markers on the spot for the bonus. They get 3 IPC’s for each German territory they hold so with two markers they get 6 in Collect Income Phase. This would cut the NO spots down to 32 if I counted right.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

I second this suggestion. It’s tough for me to find room for the play aids with the map being the same size as my table. The more compact the better, but not sacrificing usability. Stacking the control markers for similar objectives sounds great.

• Bob, these look really good. Any chance that the task force markers and tokens will be made for the AAE40 game like the ones you did for AAP40? Thanks.

• Customizer

I haven’t seen much demand for these so right now I’m saying no. You know you could always purchase a set of the revised edition marshaling cards at historicalboardgames.com. The price is pretty reasonable.

• would it be an inconvenience for you to send people your complete files by email, as in with all the different layers intact for others to play around with? or can you already seperate the layers with the current files?

• TripleA

The files are locked, can’t modify the layers.  I have been working on my own, not as fancy as Bob’s, and I wouldn’t give the source files out.  I can’t imagine the time he has spent on these, I think that is a pretty unreasonable request.

• @Bob_A_Mickelson:

I haven’t seen much demand for these so right now I’m saying no. You know you could always purchase a set of the revised edition marshaling cards at historicalboardgames.com. The price is pretty reasonable.

I do have a set of the cards from Revised and they work good especially for AA42. I was looking to add nation specific cards to use. I have a copy of the ones that you made for AAP40 and was waiting on using those until AAE40 was done so I could have a complete set of all of the nations.

• @94Canuck:

The files are locked, can’t modify the layers.  I have been working on my own, not as fancy as Bob’s, and I wouldn’t give the source files out.  I can’t imagine the time he has spent on these, I think that is a pretty unreasonable request.

i assume that means that we can edit the ones that we do have access to then? or is that still a violation of copyright?

• i have modified bobs charts for alpha+2 europe and pacific setups and also made task force markers for europe. i wont put it on the internet unless i get permission to do so

• Just ran into this detail in game.

Japan collects the 10 IPC NO as long as not at war with USA, has not invaded FIC, and has not made an unprovoked attack on UK/ANZ

In our game, Germany took England G3.  Because this attack was imminent (12 G transports), UK and ANZ declared war on Japan during round 2 to grab NO money.  Then on J3 when Japan attacked UK, I was thinking the NO was gone, but it’s not gone yet because the 3 conditions are met.

The NO on your chart (I think I printed my chart from this source - not entirely sure!) says “…cannot declare war on UK/ANZ” but this is misleading, because J can declare war on UK/ANZ if UK/ANZ declared on J first, and still collect the NO.  I think it would be a major improvement if you edited the wording to include “unprovoked” or something to that same effect.

• Customizer

I do not recall releasing a chart which has the Alpha changed NOs. My chart does not include the +10 NO for japan not at war ect. Perhaps someone else modified my chart to add that NO. I do plan on creating an updated chart when Larry releases his official/final changes. Until then any chart other than the one listed in the link above was not sanctioned by me.

Hope that helps.

• OK, yeah it must have been from somewhere else.

• How can I make these?  Like with cardboard and stuff

• Get them printed them laminated.

• Great Job!!!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m