IL's Axis and Allies Global 1939 and 1942 files

• Please forgive the noob for maybe asking silly questions.

I am about to start putting together a game of AA 1939 with your map, IL.
    But I have a few problems someone might help me with
    One. In the setup you list several naval units that I don’t recognize: BB, CA, DD, SS and AP. I figured CV was an aircraft carrier, but what are the others?

I currently own the original AA42, AAP and AAE. But I don’t have any mech inf, tactical bombers, fortifications and probably several of the above mentioned naval units. Where do I get these (or useable substitutes)?

I think I have found maps, rules, setup charts, conflict charts and such in threads round and about. But to be sure I have the rigth stuff, is it all listed (or linked to) somewhere?

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

CV-Carrier
    BB-Battleship
    CA-Cruiser
    DD-destroyer
    SS-Submarine
    AP-Transport

Parts for game on EBay, boardgamegeek.com, or my site www.historicalboardgaming.com

• Thanks Coachofmany.
    I see your shop has a lot of pieces.
    But of course there is an issue of colors.
    Since I have some games already, I would like to use the pieces I already own. So I have, for example, red japanese pieces, but  your japanese cruiser is not red. It looks more like the color of the british. Is that correct, or are they yellow like in the original A&A?

You shouldn’t happen to have put together a full set of pieces for the IL 1939 map, so I can save myself the trouble, and just buy the lot?

Thanks for helping me out :-)

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

You will not find that the red pieces come with cruiser, tac bombers or cruisers, so you may need a set of the now orange. Pieces in all games except for the one you bought.
    There is now blue French pieces, grey ANZAC pieces, green Chinese pieces.
    The games have evolved over time.
    Now both field marshal games and I are producing additional plastic pieces for these types of games. If you go to my site, I do have red Japanese pieces, sorted under Axis and allies games, pacific 2001.

• have u tried doing this with g40 yet?

• This was made before G40 came out and is really different.

Another thread has something more like that in Variants section.

• @Imperious:

Ok new rule:

• Fortifications are now standard units and can protect your territoryfrom enemy attack. These cost 6 IPC and provide a +1 defense to Infantry or Artillery up to the limit of the IPC value of the territory. Once built they are placed inside the territory and cannot move and if captured are destroyed. If the attack is an amphibious invasion, on the first round all defending artillery gets a free shot (after any Shore Bombardments). Note: Gibraltar fortification defends against attack from either sea zone.

Im curious why you would choose to give the defenders more damage dealing capability rather then the opposite in survivability… the idea of fortifications is to do damage to the enemy while removing their ability to do the same to yourself.  So in essence either way would ‘work’, but for logical argument wouldn’t any enemy attacking force (in our house rules we have directional qualifiers (did it cross the border the fort was on)) have a harder time killing the defenders then the defenders receiving an easier time killing the attackers while the attackers having the same chance as without a fort being present?

we use a -1 to attackers rolls to signify the defensive build up.  how do you find the +1 defender rolls works in play?  I find our -1 is a huge in game and psychological boundry.  We see a lot more flanking and amphibious assaults to get around them.

• Can someone indicate to me the most updated files of this nice variant(Map,rules ecc.),there are a multitude of files and I don’t want do download  old ones . Thanks

• page one of any thread that concerns my files will always have the most current file listed as links on the first page of thread.

The links do work, register with mediafire to save hassle.

• Has anyone played this in a while? I think its really balanced and could be a good “in between” for AA50 and AA40 players. It came out right before AAP40 ( AAE40 came out another year+ latter).

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m