• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

I renamed the file to a .doc and it opened just fine.

• Super!

• @coachofmany:

I renamed the file to a .doc and it opened just fine.

Okay, got it now.

• I do not like the event cards idea very much, it makes the game to random and disrupts tactics that have already been set up :-(

• I have produced a set of 54 cards, (copyright c 2008)
    They include historial Generals with special tactical abilities to be used for one turn, then returned to the draw pile, ( which is shuffled prior to drawing each “purchase units” phase).
    Other cards give strat bombers an exra die for clear weather, capture of enemy equipment (capture of one tank or artillery piece from a victorious battle). Bad weather reduces attacks by one attack point for every unit attacking! ( Russian Winter) and fighter drop tanks that give them one turn of exta movement. Still other cards give a certain number of infantry units an extra NCM for train/truck transport. Paradrops, troop ships and better torpedoes upgrades for a turn are also found in the cards. A few cards are perminent once played, and a few can be played against an attacker! Up to 2 cards my be kept at any one time for defense or future attack options, and yes, they may be played all at once as these abilities were used suddenly to achieve great results historically, (that is if you get the good die rolls they deserve).
    The use of these cards will alter game plans somewhat from the usual AA game, but like any game and game strategy, you must adapt or die. I think that the adaptable players will love the new options these cards provide for them, and trying to be prepaired for defending against them.
    These cards are a must for those players that are ready to try something interresting and new with Axis and Allies. 
      Check my profile for contact info.
    And as always, Happy Gaming! :-)

Crazy Ivan

• It seems realy interresting!!!

I’ll try to contact you.

• Perhaps you can post a picture of one card?

• I’m very interested in these!

Anyone got any more?

• Your event cards sound pretty similar to the random events chart that I have worked up for Classic, AA Pacific (first edition), and Revised.  I use the charts in conjunction with a standard 52 card deck, and have separate charts for the Allies and the Axis.  Each player draws one card every turn, and since the same deck is used, every time a player draws a card, that eliminates the chance of the opposite side drawing that card.  We have been using the system in my summer historical gaming class for several years and it works quite well.  The various suits represent weather effects, technology improvements, production improvements, and one-time bonuses of various types.  All of the events are based on actual events from WW2.  The one thing that I do not include is the Atomic Bomb.  The US was the only power that could have developed the Bomb within the time frame of the war.

I am still working on the set for A&A Europe, first edition.  Once I get them all polished up, I hopefully will put them out as a complete expansion set.

• _I’m very interested in these!

Anyone got any more?_

Litheo….Take a look in your email.

I just send you my event cards document.

• @timerover51:

Your event cards sound pretty similar to the random events chart that I have worked up for Classic, AA Pacific (first edition), and Revised.  I use the charts in conjunction with a standard 52 card deck, and have separate charts for the Allies and the Axis.  Each player draws one card every turn, and since the same deck is used, every time a player draws a card, that eliminates the chance of the opposite side drawing that card.  We have been using the system in my summer historical gaming class for several years and it works quite well.  The various suits represent weather effects, technology improvements, production improvements, and one-time bonuses of various types.  All of the events are based on actual events from WW2.  The one thing that I do not include is the Atomic Bomb.  The US was the only power that could have developed the Bomb within the time frame of the war.

I am still working on the set for A&A Europe, first edition.  Once I get them all polished up, I hopefully will put them out as a complete expansion set.

Could you send me all your cards? I’m very interested in using them

• Customizer

I’d like to take a look at these as well…

8-)

• These are SO incredible! I never would have had the brains to think of half of these! WOW. I have a few minor improvements for the “bad” cards. Like the Chinese dysentery card in my opinion isnt bad enough!

How about China cant move ANY troops along the Burma Road?

ha. but really these are amazing. Im defintiley planning on using these in the global game.

• I am interested in seeing these also.

If you could post them here or e-mail me a copy of them, that would be great!

• Hi bardoly

I’ve just send you the document.

Hope everything is OK for the others who gets my event cards document!  :-o

• @crusaderiv:

Hi bardoly

I’ve just send you the document.

Hope everything is OK for the others who gets my event cards document!  :-o

Thanks!

I just perused them briefly, and you’ve definitely got some interesting ideas here.

• agreed. Ive changed a few around. But for the most part i kept them how they are,

• agreed. Ive changed a few around. But for the most part i kept them how they are

Good, yeah right you have to change a few because my event cards is base
    for word at war 1939.

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

Can you send me your event cards please?

• crusaderiv  I sent you personal message to e-mail me your event cards if you could please. Thankyou

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m