• Of course it is a joke by IL.

yes and a damm good one at that.

The email that was sent did not contain any typo’s. Cal Moore didn’t write it.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@Imperious:

Of course it is a joke by IL.

yes and a damm good one at that.

The email that was sent did not contain any typo’s. Cal Moore didn’t write it.

The reply sent to me did… Read it carefully. It’s another disaster…

• The reply sent to me did… Read it carefully. It’s another disaster…

well where is this? repost it.

• ok you mean this?

Hello,

The Axis & Allies: Pacific 1940 game has a known issue where the Battle Strip is misprinted and the Japanese Bombers. Some of numbers are wrong or missing. While we don’t have any correct Battle Strips available for replacement at this time, we do expect to receive them by February. Please reply with the following information so we can make sure to send you a correct Battle Strip when we get them in:

First Name:
    Last Name:
    Address:
    City:
    State:
    Zip Code:
    Phone Number (with area code):

In the mean time, the correct information is the provided in both the rule-book and the game board itself.

We very much appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.
    We would appreciate your feedback on the service we are providing you. Please click here to fill out a short questionnaire.

To login to your account, or update your question please click here.

Jamie
    Online Response Crew
    Wizards of the Coast
    1-800-324-6496 (US and Canada)
    425-204-8069 (From all other countries)
    Monday-Friday 9am-6pm PST / 12pm-9pm EST
    Saturday-Sunday 10am-4pm PST / 1pm-7pm EST

@Imperious:

ok you mean this?

Hello,

The Axis & Allies: Pacific 1940 game has a known issue where the Battle Strip is misprinted and the Japanese Bombers. Some of numbers are wrong or missing. While we don’t have any correct Battle Strips available for replacement at this time, we do expect to receive them by February. Please reply with the following information so we can make sure to send you a correct Battle Strip when we get them in:

First Name:
    Last Name:
    Address:
    City:
    State:
    Zip Code:
    Phone Number (with area code):

In the mean time, the correct information is the provided in both the rule-book and the game board itself.

We very much appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.
    We would appreciate your feedback on the service we are providing you. Please click here to fill out a short questionnaire.

Jamie
    Online Response Crew
    Wizards of the Coast

Yep. Also, the bit in red.

Good news guys! We’re getting our bombers! Check this out. WOOHOO! I just got in my email:

Variable,

We have placed an order for a replacement battle strip and will ship the replacement to you when we receive the corrected strips in which should be around February. I am also sending you a few extra Japanese tactical bombers now.

Thank You

Pat
    Online Response Crew
    Wizards of the Coast

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

• What was your email leading up to this? The response I received said they wouldn’t be sending units (unless they were missing or broken).

• Yeah, What do I need to say to get me some bombers as well?

Here’s my email to them:

"Hello again,

I purchased Pacific 1940 a few days ago and understand I need to register here to receive the corrected charts for the game. Is there anyway to also get corrected box tops for the new setup info? And, like everyone else, I will ask for a few extra Japanese Tactical bombers as well.

Thank you for your help."

That’s it. Nothing special. Apparently Pat is the one to talk to and not Jamie.

• Thanks Variable I shall give it a try.

• What is the email address?

• Dang. I sent in my request for a new battle strip already. Oh well, maybe they’ll just send out pre-packaged boxes. It would be nice.

• Well tell them that you just realized that tou don’t have enough Jap tac bombers as well.

@Vareel:

What is the email address?

wizardscusthelp@wizards.com  is the only email address. They all take turns responding from the same address.

@EvilGardenGnome:

Dang. I sent in my request for a new battle strip already. Oh well, maybe they’ll just send out pre-packaged boxes. It would be nice.

The way it worked for me was I sent them one email explaining the problem and they sent two emails back a couple days apart. The first said basically they know about the problem. The second was after many complaints about bombers. They realized something needed to be done. I think if you registered for the new battle strip they will send you bombers too. But it’s not a bad idea to contact them again through your customer service account on their website.

• @Variable: I’ll probably do that. I am missing a Dough-boy, anyway.

• '10

@Variable:

The way it worked for me was I sent them one email explaining the problem and they sent two emails back a couple days apart. The first said basically they know about the problem. The second was after many complaints about bombers. They realized something needed to be done. I think if you registered for the new battle strip they will send you bombers too. But it’s not a bad idea to contact them again through your customer service account on their website.

I’m not so sure this is true Variable. After reading your initial post I contacted wotc by phone and they stated rather emphatically that replacement units were only for games with incomplete/damaged units. In fact , they wanted to know where I came by information to the contrary.

Just a quick update on this - I still have yet to receive anything despite what their email said. I will keep you all posted if I get anything or not. Maybe I believe what I’m told too easily (read gullible).

• '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '10

@Variable:

Just a quick update on this - I still have yet to receive anything despite what their email said. I will keep you all posted if I get anything or not. Maybe I believe what I’m told too easily (read gullible).

I do not think they would ship extra pieces with out the new battle strip.  SO that is what I am holding out hope for.

Sean

• @Variable:

Did you send them some bananas? :-D

• Why does everyone call WotC chimps.

I rather like chimps, and I fell insulted having WotC sharing an equal intelligence status.

Stop riping of the chimps. :lol: :lol:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m