• 2024 2023 '22 '21

We didn’t try the game yet - we´re training for the 3rd Northern Europe Axis & Allies Wiking-Con in November this year.

The 3rd Northern Europe Axis & Allies Wiking-Con is held in Denmark - OOB Global 1940 2E with the Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion.

I expect that we will try your 1941 game this year - but if Germany can capture London in turn 1, I already know the answer from our members…

• @The-Captain said in General 6 Stars 1941 WW2 Game:

We didn’t try the game yet - we´re training for the 3rd Northern Europe Axis & Allies Wiking-Con in November this year.

The 3rd Northern Europe Axis & Allies Wiking-Con is held in Denmark - OOB Global 1940 2E with the Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion.

I expect that we will try your 1941 game this year - but if Germany can capture London in turn 1, I already know the answer from our members…

What is the answer then if London can fall on turn 1 from members ?
    I don’t see no reason why it should affect anything.

• @General-6-Stars

I’ll try the setup - can I use the game board that you’ve sent me by e-mail ?
    The map might need an adjustment concerning Normandy if I remember correctly…

Then I’ll discuss it later this coming autumn with the players.

@General-6-Stars

I’ll try the setup - can I use the game board that you’ve sent me by e-mail ?
    The map might need an adjustment concerning Normandy if I remember correctly…

Then I’ll discuss it later this coming autumn with the players.

Yes. Normandy was adjusted long time ago. What is the concern with sea lion ? Don’t agree on it ever happening ?

• @General-6-Stars

Concerning Sea Lion - if it is obvious that Germany can capture London on turn 1, all games would start with that scenario.

This would nuisance the overall game - and make it less attractive to players.

In comparison, the OOB Global 1940 2E game is unbalanced, simply because Germany can capture Moscow within a few rounds.

Please remember - all our players (53 players) are playing Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion.

This game is as close to 100 % balanced as possible.

The Global 1943 Expansion is balanced in the same way.

@General-6-Stars

Concerning Sea Lion - if it is obvious that Germany can capture London on turn 1, all games would start with that scenario.

This would nuisance the overall game - and make it less attractive to players.

In comparison, the OOB Global 1940 2E game is unbalanced, simply because Germany can capture Moscow within a few rounds.

Please remember - all our players (53 players) are playing Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion.

This game is as close to 100 % balanced as possible.

The Global 1943 Expansion is balanced in the same way.

OK. Thanks for replying.
    Well I’ll have to disagree with you on your opinion regarding Sea Lion.

So then your saying OOB G40, Germany should start with the capture of London ? It would help Moscow.

But it shouldn’t matter if Germany can take London turn 1 mostly.
    This is one more option for axis to manuever in the game. Germany differs from Moscow and make allies counter it and now Russia is a bigger player in game. But as I said there’s draw backs to it for Germany based on other things in game.
    If every game starts with Germany controlling London then it its restricted in game options.
    Ask the players in group every game is different. Just saying.
    I was never a fan of SL but if it gives axis more options in game for a win and also there is a way to counter it as the allies then OK.

At least in my game there is many options for axis to win. Not just take 2 capitals in most games. Japan needs to help also like most games don’t in a way. But IMO and has nothing to do with your expansion game.

Keep in mind that I have a bunch of other stuff in game that combines together and the axis has many ways of winning which still is in historical ways.

Ya there is just to much to write on this discussion.

Let me know how it goes in November with group.

• Just me, but I don’t think the game should be “balanced” just because real WW2 was far from being balanced. If I wanted balance, I’d play chess or checkers.

• Got a game this Saturday Sept. 23 at 8 am at the General’s Fortress. All generals have there orders !
    Will post some pics and outcome.

New bonus axis 1 point for control of all of Burma Road.
    Assam, Burma, Yunnan and Kweichowz based on all LL cutoff from allies. Plus still in game 1 victory point for Rangoon.
    Keep in mind if AB is damaged in Assam no LL from the Hump into China

• '19 '18 '17

Ray,

Have a great time all of you!! You putting the game up on twitch anymore Ray?

Looking forward to the updates!!

Mark

• Sat game ended with the axis having 30 points at the end of turn 5.

Germany did sea lion and UK & US decided to not take back London but use Morocco as there hub. UK was able to hold Cairo from the axis and send some troops to the oil lands and then the plan was to take Turkey back next turn with Russia. But game ended by then. Russia lost a lot of good pieces fighting back the Germans but no major push from Germany.

Italy to win the game or get back the 30th point was to take back Tunsia
    and Gib to block any move into the Med.
    image0 (21).jpeg

On Pacific side Japan hit one of the US fleets at a start of game. Trying to slow US down but US and allies were doing pretty good taking back victory cities for most part of game. Then Japan attacked the US fleet and defeated them with all US transports dying. SO US took back the oil bonus points from Japan but as you can see on next turn Japan would of gotten them back and the axis would of probably won on next turn if they had to from what it looks like.

Was another great game with new stuff happening and yes Japan had total control of the Burma road for a point and Rangoon along with Chinas capital but on last turn Allies took back all 3 victory points but just came up short.
    It was nice to see a lot more fighting in Burma !

image1 (9).jpeg

• @General-6-Stars Good Action ! Dig your Game Reports

• @barnee said in General 6 Stars 1941 WW2 Game:

@General-6-Stars Good Action ! Dig your Game Reports

Thanks barnee. Ya not enough pics. Got 2 new guys and had to help one out more. Guys helped other guy.

Be another game in 4 weeks. Tweaked the tech a bit and about it.

• We had another game last Saturday. Looks like the allies will win. Germany lost West Germany and Paris plus US landed in Manilla. Japan should take out US fleet and then Anzac next turn but Axis Europe just lost to much.

Will need to see if Germany can take out Moscow next turn. If Moscow holds then they will hold Stalingrad too based on reinforcements.

No sea lion this game. But we did make a minor setup change to UK London. Added 2 more frenchy inf to London and moved the general from Scotland to London.

Up to UK now to shoot down a few planes so now they have a slightly better odds on holding. UK must take back London on there turn no matter what so the German minor factory there is destroyed.

If Germany influences Spain then they have the advantage.
    Pic will be of turn 2 and turn 4.

image0.jpeg image1.jpeg image2.jpeg image3.jpeg image4.jpeg

• '19 '18 '17

Ray,

Looks like you guys had a bunch of fun!! Please keep up the updates. Thank you so much!

• Update changes to pieces. The mechs will now attack @3
    and the elite mechs will go to attack @4.

The Spa’s will now go to attack @5 and if roll is a 2 or less can pick any target since we use that piece as a 2 unit.

The Russian NA Spa will be the same attack @5 but now if roll is a 3 or less can pick target.

Next game is Dec 9th at 8 am and it will be played at the General’s Fortress in Kenosha, Wisconsin.

• @General-6-Stars

Hi General,

Great War Room - where did you get thos WWII flags ?

@General-6-Stars

Hi General,

Great War Room - where did you get thos WWII flags ?

Can’t remember. I’ll try and find out again. Basically was the cheaper side of 3x5 flags
    Just not cloth.

Edit
    Try Ultimate Flags.com Just bought some more.

• 96122591-d04a-4726-b561-83b73efe29d7-image.png

“Operation Bear Trap” coming Dec 9 Sat at 8 am at the General’s Fortress in Kenosha Wisconsin.

May Koba order no retreats !!!

• @General-6-Stars

Looks great - we will follow your game with interest.

Is the SetUp still Early 1941 or Late 1941 ?

@General-6-Stars

Looks great - we will follow your game with interest.

Is the SetUp still Early 1941 or Late 1941 ?

Dec 1941 setup.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m