• @Dash_Riprock:

That bug should be fixed now.  I also made it so you can now use any number of defending fighters in a naval battle, since as someone pointed out the calc could be used half way into a battle once the carriers are already sunk.

Sweet, thanks.  This is - by far - the best odds calc I’ve used.

• Thanks for the fix.

On the quality of the final product – I’m with Uberlagger  :-)

• Rip, this a very nice tool.
    However, I’ve noticed that it’s not computing heavy bombers using 2 dice per bomber.  If I put in one heavy bomber attacking 2 units, there is a zero percent chance of both units being hit.  Do you guys use the house rule that you take the best of the 2 dice?  The default OOB rule is each heavy can get two hits because they roll 2 dice, and that’s the way most people play.  Any chance the tool can be updated for that?
    I know you haven’t posted anything here for 6 months, but thought if I posted on your thread you might see it.
    Thanks

• @gamerman01:

Rip, this a very nice tool.
    However, I’ve noticed that it’s not computing heavy bombers using 2 dice per bomber.  If I put in one heavy bomber attacking 2 units, there is a zero percent chance of both units being hit.  Do you guys use the house rule that you take the best of the 2 dice?  The default OOB rule is each heavy can get two hits because they roll 2 dice, and that’s the way most people play.  Any chance the tool can be updated for that?
    I know you haven’t posted anything here for 6 months, but thought if I posted on your thread you might see it.
    Thanks

should be fixed now

• Terrific, thanks a lot.
    Again, this calculator has helped me tremendously.  Thank you very much.

• Hey guys, I was able to unzip the file only to find that it doesn’t contain any .exe file, just a bunch of “classs” files. Did I download the wrong thing? I’d appreciate any help given. Thanks.

• @Modern:

Hey guys, I was able to unzip the file only to find that it doesn’t contain any .exe file, just a bunch of “classs” files. Did I download the wrong thing? I’d appreciate any help given. Thanks.

It might be easiest if you provide me with your e-mail address and I’ll e-mail the single file to you.

Just private message me with it, or else change your user options to allow showing your e-mail address and let me know.

• Thanks! Sent a PM (new to the forums, I certainly THINK I sent a PM) to you with my email.

I’ve been looking for a good odds calculator and this one sounds great  :-D

• @Dash_Riprock:

@gamerman01:

Rip, this a very nice tool.
    Thanks

should be fixed now

The new FAQ

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=16872.msg563184#msg563184

indicates that now (only) the best result of the two dice counts.

So you probably want to re-update your tool :-)

• @Modern:

Hey guys, I was able to unzip the file only to find that it doesn’t contain any .exe file, just a bunch of “classs” files. Did I download the wrong thing? I’d appreciate any help given. Thanks.

The AAProbability.jar is not intended to be unzipped, as it is a Java-program.
    If you have JRE installed, just doubleclick on the file and it will run.

• @P@nther:

@Modern:

The AAProbability.jar is not intended to be unzipped, as it is a Java-program.
    If you have JRE installed, just doubleclick on the file and it will run.

I already sent it to him a while back, and he’s already using it, thanks.

• @P@nther:

The new FAQ

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=16872.msg563184#msg563184

indicates that now (only) the best result of the two dice counts.

So you probably want to re-update your tool :-)

Unbelievable.
    When I had this question, Krieg answered that it was 2 hits per bomber.  I noticed the rulebook did not clearly state this, however.
    Krieg has also said that paratroopers could advance past the first blitzed territory.
    Now both of these Krieg answers have been undone.  Unbelievable is all I can say.

• thanks for making this!

+1

• This is a program i wrote that takes care of all the banking and much more of the gameplay.  It makes games go faster, and it saves information about each player from each turn.  Me and the group  I play with have really enjoyed using it, please give it a try, its available at http://sites.google.com/site/dkat106inc/axis-and-allies-v2-00?pli=1

All suggestions are greatly appreciated please let me know what you think.

• dkat, looks intriguing - can we not download it??

• oh i just saw it didnt upload give it 30 mins

• the link to download is on the website posted previously, please download it and let me know what you think!  I am constantly updating it and am very eager to hear other’s ideas.  Enjoy!

• 2007 AAR League

Could you host it on a regular website? I had trouble downloading it from that place (it was always busy when I checked).  Only now have I been able to download it.  Maybe you could get axisandallies.org to host it.

(I could host it too on one of my websites - though they aren’t related to axis and allies.)

You could open source it and host it on sourceforge.net.

• 2007 AAR League

Here are some initial comments…

140 inf vs 100 inf
    Attacker victory - 100.033%
    defender victory -  0.451%

It’s above 100%!

And this is weird since the battle should be 50/50.  (14 inf vs 10 inf gives the defender 53/47%)

100 armor vs 100 armor - give a 100% chance of a draw.

I’m impressed that this calculates real odds, instead of simulating them.  Ahh the power of the CPU.  I once wrote a risk odds calculator that used an iterative function, is that what you’re doing?  Risk is a lot easier - as there is only one unit.

You might need to start simulating battles at a certain cutoff point, to avoid freezing the program.  Or let the user know what the maximum number of units is.

You might think 100 vs 100 unit battles is an extreme, but they do happen in online play.

Can you calculate an average IPC loss for the attacker and defender?  Frood’s calculator does this and it is an excellent indicator of whether a battle is profitable.

• 2007 AAR League

When you have an AA gun, and thus the possibility for multiple outcomes with the same number of attacker units lost. Frood does a better job displaying this - as it tells you what units are lost, whereas you only say the number and the IPC value.  Can you list the units that are lost?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m