• I installed 3 plugin packs:  BoltBait’s , Illnab’s, and MadJik’s.  I probably haven’t used 90% of this stuff…

The alpha mask one is in Illnab’s compilation pack.  It might be the same as alpha mask import thread, I don’t know.  Even if it’s the same, I think these developers have moved to delivering their stuff in these combined packs so I think the compliation pack may be more current.

• @TimTheEnchanter:

I installed 3 plugin packs:  BoltBait’s , Illnab’s, and MadJik’s.  I probably haven’t used 90% of this stuff…

The alpha mask one is in Illnab’s compilation pack.  It might be the same as alpha mask import thread, I don’t know.  Even if it’s the same, I think these developers have moved to delivering their stuff in these combined packs so I think the compliation pack may be more current.

You are right. I was just irritated that the AlphaMask.dll is version 1.2 and the compilation 1.1. But the compilation is newer.
    Thank you :-)

• @HolKann:

Expect an updated first post soon  8-)

Will you include your “final” pdn-file? That would be great :-)

• First post updated with the new map and pieces, let’s hope a lot of people like them ;)

@P@nther:

No, but you can always find it here.

@TimTheEnchanter:

It uses a combination of gaussian blur and a technique called Alpha masking.  If you don’t have the alpha mask plugin, get it.  It is way cool.

Wow, tnx for the minitutorial, I’m learning new techniques :)

• @HolKann:

First post updated with the new map and pieces, let’s hope a lot of people like them ;)

@P@nther:

@TimTheEnchanter:

It uses a combination of gaussian blur and a technique called Alpha masking.  If you don’t have the alpha mask plugin, get it.  It is way cool.

Wow, tnx for the minitutorial, I’m learning new techniques :)

Whoa- way too light dude!  I like the fonts with the added names but the map and pieces are way too light.  Can you keep the fonts and such with the darker map from the last version???

Right now I prefer your last version.

• @HolKann:

First post updated with the new map and pieces, let’s hope a lot of people like them ;)

@P@nther:

Great, thank you :-)

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

I don’t have a lot of time to wade through the mass of missives.  Can someone direct me to a instructional post about play by forum.  Sort of a “Play by Forum for Dummies.”  Thanks.

• @randyshervandyke:

I don’t have a lot of time to wade through the mass of missives.  Can someone direct me to a instructional post about play by forum.  Sort of a “Play by Forum for Dummies.”  Thanks.

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=13365.0

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I had some comments I’d like to share…

ABattlemap is awesome, as is all the work that people volunteer into it so that I can play Axis and Allies online ! :D THANK YOU!

But…
    Ottawa is mis-spelled :( as Ottowa :( I am canadian so I noticed :(

and…

Anyway the NO box’s could be put in a nation’s capital?  So new players don’t have to play where’s waldo whilst looking for them? (very greatful they are explained at the top of the screen :D)

Last but not least, I’m really confused here about all these modules, and stuff, big pieces, tool piece’s, pale and not so pale maps that look EXACTLY the same :S (really miss the darker one :*( )  Can someone sticky or edit in the URL’s for whatever current module’s there are or whatever so that I can download things and know WTF they are and how to install them, to get the dark map back, and try new Bigger pieces etc ?

Not sure if anyone will respond, but I figured I’d put it out there, again THANK YOU! for doing this, A&A PBF is a blast and I appreciate all volunteer hours! :P

• Ottawa is mis-spelled  as Ottowa  I am canadian so I noticed

Sry for this :lol: I’ll put it on a todo-list.

Anyway the NO box’s could be put in a nation’s capital?  So new players don’t have to play where’s waldo whilst looking for them? (very greatful they are explained at the top of the screen )

Lol again :lol:. I understand it might be pretty confusing at first, but the placement of the NO-boxes won’t be changed because of 1. compatibility 2. even next to the capital they will be confusing. Now the lay-out als explains what the NO is about (for instance the one in the Mediterranean).

Last but not least, I’m really confused here about all these modules, and stuff, big pieces, tool piece’s, pale and not so pale maps that look EXACTLY the same :S (really miss the darker one :*( )  Can someone sticky or edit in the URL’s for whatever current module’s there are or whatever so that I can download things and know WTF they are and how to install them, to get the dark map back, and try new Bigger pieces etc ?

The darker one is still downloadable, use this direct link (note that this is the same file as attached to the first post of this threadg). Now, remove the “.jpg” extension, then unzip and finally overwrite AA50.gim and AA51.gim in your ABattlaMap folder. Good luck!

• The link is dead, not sure if it’s a bad link or if the server is down atm  :?

• @HolKann:

Ottawa is mis-spelled  as Ottowa  I am canadian so I noticed

Sry for this :lol: I’ll put it on a todo-list.

You may want to add the following issue concerning the AA50-42-setup too:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=14614.msg450899#msg450899

Thank you :-)

• The link to the AA50 ABattlePack is still dead  :cry:

• @DY:

The link to the AA50 ABattlePack is still dead  :cry:

Those in the first thread of the topic?
    All working perfectly as I already tried…

PM me your email and I will send it to you :-)

• Hi, i d/l the 1st link in this thread and followed the instructions…i also added one of your(i think it was panthers, i like dark) map modules for 41 + 42. then i added a pieces mod(also darker…forget whose it was though) but now it seems that jpn/ger pieces are flip flopped. can any1 help me out?

• '10

if you downloaded an additional file to the battlemap like bigpieces.bmp they are module specific. on the toolbar in the 41 module germany should be at the top for 42 it should be japan……hope this is helpful

• @crispyHaole:

Hi, i d/l the 1st link in this thread and followed the instructions…i also added one of your(i think it was panthers, i like dark) map modules for 41 + 42. then i added a pieces mod(also darker…forget whose it was though) but now it seems that jpn/ger pieces are flip flopped. can any1 help me out?

@Battlingmaxo:

if you downloaded an additional file to the battlemap like bigpieces.bmp they are module specific. on the toolbar in the 41 module germany should be at the top for 42 it should be japan……hope this is helpful

Addition: Just make sure to put the pieces for the 1941-setup into the A50.gim-folder and the pieces for the 1942-setup into the A51.gim-folder, as the turn sequences differ in the scenarios.

• '10

does anyone know if there are bigpieces files for aae ,aap or revised? for my version of battlemap the only big pieces are for classic and anniversary

• I have attached the bigpieces I have used for revised games
    You’ll have to rename it to BigPieces.bmp, I renamed it “.jpg” to upload it here

BigPieces.bmp.jpg

• '10

Thank you axis…. +1 to you

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m