BM3 (Bombers cost 14) Adam514 (Axis) vs farmboy (Allies+10)

• '15 '14

@farmboy said in BM3 (Bombers cost 14) Adam514 (Axis) vs farmboy (Allies+10):

On Belarus, I thought it was a good move to stay because Adam still had to worry about me moving to Poland. I thought that gave him less of a free hand in the rest of Europe. And the 73% seemed less of a risk since I set up so that I could retreat to Novgorod if the first round of dice was rough and had lots of US units that could have joined the stack there.

You would have had the same threat on Poland via Baltic state thus to me it looked like a no brainer to move the Russians to Baltic.

Re WGR, lol, the Frenchies, true. Just not used to have them as a can opener with fast movers in Western Europe:D

• '15 '14

And in the end: Who wins, is right :)

Adam did a superb effort to make this a scrappy game, putting both of you on unknown ground, hoping you would lose the oversight and blunder, but you did not. Kudos for that, I can tell for sure that this was not easy!

• @JDOW awesome commentary. Yah, this was one for the ages. GG WP to both.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

@JDOW said in BM3 (Bombers cost 14) Adam514 (Axis) vs farmboy (Allies+10):

@farmboy said in BM3 (Bombers cost 14) Adam514 (Axis) vs farmboy (Allies+10):

On Belarus, I thought it was a good move to stay because Adam still had to worry about me moving to Poland. I thought that gave him less of a free hand in the rest of Europe. And the 73% seemed less of a risk since I set up so that I could retreat to Novgorod if the first round of dice was rough and had lots of US units that could have joined the stack there.

You would have had the same threat on Poland via Baltic state thus to me it looked like a no brainer to move the Russians to Baltic.

Re WGR, lol, the Frenchies, true. Just not used to have them as a can opener with fast movers in Western Europe:D

True. I looked at the board again and I think the reason I stayed in E Poland rather than Baltic was just because in E Poland I kept him from moving stacks into Romania and Slovakia. I was especially concerned about his tanks and mechs in Greece going to Romania and then joining with the inf and art coming from Bryansk in Belarus. I thought it was useful to keep the Soviets in between these German stacks for another turn and that that would help me hold Leningrad. But in hindsight it wasn’t necessary. He might have been able to get Leningrad then, but I’m sure I could have held France then as well.

• @axis-dominion said in BM3 (Bombers cost 14) Adam514 (Axis) vs farmboy (Allies+10):

great game guys, one for the books for sure. farm boy’s allies are now a force to be reckoned with… no pressure hehe

The games against you and Adam (and also observing some of the games with JDOW) have made a real difference in my play. I still did some overblocking and I wasted far too many transports, but on the whole think I’m doing a better job of being efficient and patient, conserving forces, and have a much better sense of what to prioritize on the board.

• @farmboy oh yah. I know all about overblocking. Adam has helped me to become a more efficient player, for sure. What I love about this game is, even after five years of play, I am always discovering and learning new things.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m