How many G40 games have you played?

• FtoF, probably like 60-80ish

On triple a on the league, like 400.

I guess I could go count them up… :thinking_face:

• '21 '20 '18 '17

@simon33 calculators are for noobs. Its a waste of time and it diminishes the value of the skill you gain over time. I’m not interested in people squirming around on their phone when they should know exactly what ## of units to bring to each battle–if they cant call it by sight they need to play more.

• @taamvan said in How many G40 games have you played?:

@simon33 calculators are for noobs. Its a waste of time and it diminishes the value of the skill you gain over time. I’m not interested in people squirming around on their phone when they should know exactly what ## of units to bring to each battle–if they cant call it by sight they need to play more.

In face to face games detailed calculations of all and everything is just annoying and no fun. You need to get a rough estimate by looking at the situation and just decide to go for it or not. Simple as that and it is just a game!

• '19 '17 '16

Interesting viewpoint. I would still be inclined to add up the units’ power in my head even though I don’t have a calculator or a pen and paper. It’s a bit rougher than a calculator particularly because it doesn’t count the number of hits but should give you some idea. Perhaps that would cause less irritation than using pen and paper. I’ve played games that calculators were frown upon but pen and paper was ok. I thought all that did was slow down the process.

I do think the idea that calculators are allowed but only on someone else’s turn is really interesting!

• '21 '20 '18 '17

@simon33 @oysteilo I just add up all the hit points on each side and its gives you a rough estimate. If you have fewer total HP than the other side, its less than 50/50 and you probably shouldnt do it. If you want a more accurate method to calc for final battles, you add up all the attack power and compare it to the total defense power. There are some anomalies in those projections in global because carriers for example have no attack but they do have HP so in the culminating end-round battles they are lost first and dont’ diminish your attack power when they are lost. I dont think anyone in a tourney would use such a device, at best its an obnoxious crutch and at worst, cheating. Besides slowing the game down, its just not sportsmanlike in my opinion–though I understand AAA includes it as a basic game tool.

• @taamvan wow with the numbers and wow with the record keeping.

• @Karl7 impressive

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

WAG: 13 global f2f, 13 pbf, 20 vs computer. I’m a toddler. I just started using the calc this summer. that is a pedagogical tool, not to be skipped. I too count up the hit points. I too added the battle score for both sides. sometimes the difference between a battle can be a couple of units that tip it from a 30 percent to an 80 percent. Haven’t ever used one in tabletop, but i would not disallow it. especially for a new player.

• Played about 25 games. 23-2 record against my father in law. He never surrenders!

• I have played something like 80 games face to face and 7 on Triple A

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m