• '17 '16 '15

Should it be removed when the allies liberate ? The ability to build just seems too powerful of an incentive for the allies to try and liberate France. I know in oob many axis players leave it unconquered for this reason.

• @barney:

Should it be removed when the allies liberate ? The ability to build just seems too powerful of an incentive for the allies to try and liberate France. I know in oob many axis players leave it unconquered for this reason.

Have you tried any factory that’s built and liberated thats not in a Capital is reduced to half its normal build.

Another one is all captured factorys by enemy reduced to half build.

• '17 '16 '15

No I haven’t SS. minors build 3 so you’d have to round up or down. Majors reduce to minors when captured already. Maybe you could give minors max damage, but that’d just be an extra 6 bucks for the cost of doing business.

Thought about removing it and letting allies build one, but that’d just be 12 bucks more to spend.

Right now USA gets 5 bucks a turn and France gets a one time 12 PU boost when they liberate. Maybe double that ?

• I dont know about doubling the money. I like the rule where if you liberate a minor it’s destroyed. You are already reducing a major to a minor in game and even when thats liberated then it gets destroyed. Price you pay for not protecting. But being G40 game may unbalance it.

• '17 '16 '15

yea Idk 8 pissed off Frenchman may be a bit much : )

• The problem with the G40 rules with France under Axis control is that all of mainland France can produce 9 units however, it isn’t wise for the Allies NOT to take Paris and put France back in the game so Normandy and Vichy under allied control usually doesn’t stay with the liberator for too long unless the Allies did something bold like land on these territories while Paris has an army.

• I just played a game with an interesting situation with Normandy. How about when Axis captures France, just do NOT take Normandy. Think about that kind of damage, while you do sacrifice 2 ICP and 3 extra production, leaving it to French control prevents any allied nation from using it until France returns control and just leave enough of a presents to stop French forces in the area from taking Paris.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

@Black_Elk just suggested what i think to be an excellent idea over at the triplea site. Have Normandy be “Original Owner True Neutral” or could make it “Pro_Allied”. Will start out controlled by France.

At any rate, when Team USA comes in and takes it and then Liberates Paris, it’ll still be USA controlled. Which is historical as well.

Gonna add it to the House Rules : )

Edit
    So you’d need to use Gamerman1’s Normandy turns Pro-Allied if not Axis controlled after turn 1 as well. Can add a 2 PU objective for France if US of A controlls Normandy and Paris is free if you want.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m