• I made a dice tower out of project board that I use for my Catan.
    I found the plans on youtube. In my opinion, it works great for around 6 dice.
    But when you get more than that mine is undersized. So I typically just use a box lid as a dice tray instead for A&A.

• The box lid for a dice tray brings back some great memories.

• '17 '16

Depending on which game(s) I play, I got all angles covered… I have a ‘proper’ wood & felt round dice tray and a pair of hard-plastic castle-shaped dice towers.

• I like dice towers. I think they look cool and I cant stand it when people try to manipulate the dice. I just made a little video of them. Hope you like it. I’ve never done a video in my life so…
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/21g6e70jen1vti3/20171026_233658.mp4?dl=0

• Dice towers suck. What is needed is what we use for games like The War Game: World War Two, which is a longer rolling area (about 2.5 feet long by 1.5 feet wide with padded felt bottom) It has legs that allow it to be situated right on the map so you just bring it to the map when a battle starts. I don’t know if i have a picture, but will look. This is a product that should be made, except with one minor provision–that the legs are folded out or in for easy transport.

• Different strokes for different folks

• Also a suggestion for dice - I bought blank 6-sided dice (5 colors), and put white dots to represent hits.  ie. Black die has 1 dot, red has 2 dots, etc…  So just roll # of color dice you need and count the dots for hits.

• '17

@Imperious:

Dice towers suck. What is needed is what we use for games like The War Game: World War Two, which is a longer rolling area (about 2.5 feet long by 1.5 feet wide with padded felt bottom) It has legs that allow it to be situated right on the map so you just bring it to the map when a battle starts. I don’t know if i have a picture, but will look. This is a product that should be made, except with one minor provision–that the legs are folded out or in for easy transport.

I’m not sure how I’d like having to place it directly on the map.  Maybe a provision for it would be to have it so that it is a “table” in itself with legs that reach the floor.  Then put small casters on it so that you just roll it around where you need it during a battle.  I would make it so that it is at least the same height as the game table.  Maybe make a couple of them so you have one on each side of the game table?  Probably a bit much for some, but not for others?  Like one said, “different strokes for different folks”.  I like the idea though.

• I have 4 of these at each end of my 2 custom tables. Mine are screwed to map board. Just make without the storage areas. The battleboards and dice box it comes to like 42"x 16" But only takes 10 mins to disassemble. Instead of connecting to map board you could just put wheels on it or folding legs if room is an issue.

Battle Boards.png

• Found an old pic of both tables.

• For an easy and cheap way to build a dice tower - use FOAM Board.  It is light, easy to cut, and very sturdy.  Plain white (Elmers) glue can put the sides together.  Then just put in 2 or 3 dowel rods (or pencils) through the foam board to get some action as the dice fall through.

• @Carolina:

For an easy and cheap way to build a dice tower - use FOAM Board.  It is light, easy to cut, and very sturdy.  Plain white (Elmers) glue can put the sides together.  Then just put in 2 or 3 dowel rods (or pencils) through the foam board to get some action as the dice fall through.

That works too. Got to be big though. Then u can use anywhere on map if room.

• Dice towers are inferior, what you need is a dice roller which allows alot of dice to be rolled and they get to move farther because the dice roller is about 2+ feet, so its like rolling at a crap table.

• IL, I disagree. I can roll more dice at once in mine then can be rolled in a dice roller of the same size. For the sake of argument, 30 dice at once into an area 5"×12". (I will do an exact count and measurement if need be)
    I can drop overflowing hands of dice in the top. Trying to throw the same amount of dice at once in a tray…dice would miss the tray, running over the board. And thats not counting the ones that fly free while shaking.
    A dice tower guarantees dice manipulation, unlike a dice roller.

• @Imperious:

Dice towers are inferior, what you need is a dice roller which allows alot of dice to be rolled and they get to move farther because the dice roller is about 2+ feet, so its like rolling at a crap table.

Well I�m not playing craps IL and my boxes are long enough and deep enough to throw 30
    Dice. But max I throw is 20 and they stay in box. Group don�t have any problems with box size and every body has a certain way of throwing there dice which they enjoy. If they throw to hard and a dice leaves the box it counts as a roll and a miss.
    And besides most people don�t have room for a big dice box let alone a smaller one too.

• I like room to roll, not confined areas. How long is your dice tower?

• Table surface area is 6"x16". Inside rolling area is 4"x14".

• Way too small. I will post a pic

• @Imperious:

Way too small. I will post a pic

:?

• I just don’t think you folks understand what im looking at. The picture is forthcoming because i don’t actually own it, but i game with it for like 25 years.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m