• I have one I love it there is no chance of manipulation of the dice by me cuz after all I usually play solitaire

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@generalTrible:

I have one I love it there is no chance of manipulation of the dice by me cuz after all I usually play solitaire

I have to play a lot of games like that, so that is nice to know. :-)

• @generalTrible:

I have one I love it there is no chance of manipulation of the dice by me cuz after all I usually play solitaire

It’s do-able, as evidenced by this great line from the movie Litte Caesar: “How’d you boss this job? By sitting here in your office cheating yourself at solitaire?”

• '17 '16

@CWO:

It’s do-able, as evidenced by this great line from the movie Litte Caesar: “How’d you boss this job? By sitting here in your office cheating yourself at solitaire?”

I thought the best line from that movie was “Pizza, Pizza!”

• @Wolfshanze:

@CWO:

I thought the best line from that movie was “Pizza, Pizza!”

Um, I don’t get the joke.  Are you talking about the 1930s gangster film Little Caesar with Edward G. Robinson or something else? It has no such line of dialogue, as I recall.

• He is referring to the pizza chain Little Caesars and their slogan

• @bgugs:

He is referring to the pizza chain Little Caesars and their slogan

Ah.  Okay, thanks for the clarification.  I would have been surprised if it had been a line from the movie because its concept of Italian food is a little odd.  At the beginning of the film, Robinson’s character and his sidekick go into a diner and order “spaghetti and coffee for two.”  I don’t know what they get served (we don’t get a close-up), but from its general appearance and from the way Robinson uses his utensils to eat his food it sure doesn’t seem to be spaghetti.  Given that the titular character, an Italian named Caesar Enrico Bandello, is played by Robinson, who’s of Romanian Jewish birth, I suppose the dubious Italian cuisine fits right in.

• This thread has become hilarious.

• '17 '16

@CWO:

@bgugs:

He is referring to the pizza chain Little Caesars and their slogan

Ah. Okay, thanks for the clarification.

See below…

Little-Caesars-Logo.jpg

• I made a dice tower out of project board that I use for my Catan.
    I found the plans on youtube. In my opinion, it works great for around 6 dice.
    But when you get more than that mine is undersized. So I typically just use a box lid as a dice tray instead for A&A.

• The box lid for a dice tray brings back some great memories.

• '17 '16

Depending on which game(s) I play, I got all angles covered… I have a ‘proper’ wood & felt round dice tray and a pair of hard-plastic castle-shaped dice towers.

• I like dice towers. I think they look cool and I cant stand it when people try to manipulate the dice. I just made a little video of them. Hope you like it. I’ve never done a video in my life so…
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/21g6e70jen1vti3/20171026_233658.mp4?dl=0

• Dice towers suck. What is needed is what we use for games like The War Game: World War Two, which is a longer rolling area (about 2.5 feet long by 1.5 feet wide with padded felt bottom) It has legs that allow it to be situated right on the map so you just bring it to the map when a battle starts. I don’t know if i have a picture, but will look. This is a product that should be made, except with one minor provision–that the legs are folded out or in for easy transport.

• Different strokes for different folks

• Also a suggestion for dice - I bought blank 6-sided dice (5 colors), and put white dots to represent hits.  ie. Black die has 1 dot, red has 2 dots, etc…  So just roll # of color dice you need and count the dots for hits.

• '17

@Imperious:

Dice towers suck. What is needed is what we use for games like The War Game: World War Two, which is a longer rolling area (about 2.5 feet long by 1.5 feet wide with padded felt bottom) It has legs that allow it to be situated right on the map so you just bring it to the map when a battle starts. I don’t know if i have a picture, but will look. This is a product that should be made, except with one minor provision–that the legs are folded out or in for easy transport.

I’m not sure how I’d like having to place it directly on the map.  Maybe a provision for it would be to have it so that it is a “table” in itself with legs that reach the floor.  Then put small casters on it so that you just roll it around where you need it during a battle.  I would make it so that it is at least the same height as the game table.  Maybe make a couple of them so you have one on each side of the game table?  Probably a bit much for some, but not for others?  Like one said, “different strokes for different folks”.  I like the idea though.

• I have 4 of these at each end of my 2 custom tables. Mine are screwed to map board. Just make without the storage areas. The battleboards and dice box it comes to like 42"x 16" But only takes 10 mins to disassemble. Instead of connecting to map board you could just put wheels on it or folding legs if room is an issue.

Battle Boards.png

• Found an old pic of both tables.

• For an easy and cheap way to build a dice tower - use FOAM Board.  It is light, easy to cut, and very sturdy.  Plain white (Elmers) glue can put the sides together.  Then just put in 2 or 3 dowel rods (or pencils) through the foam board to get some action as the dice fall through.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m