I’ve recently bought 96 dice because I wanted to make custom hit/miss dice for Global 40. I bought these dice from amazon and they’re plain blank and white dice.
I don’t have a lot of experience with DIY projects but I have access to a lot of good tools so I’m looking for advice regarding techniques on how to mark and repaint the dice I bought.
For the marking, I was thinking about using a rotary tool to carve a little dot.
The real challenge is the painting. I looked a lot on internet and I can’t seem to find a technique for painting on plastic that everyone agrees on, but here’s what I have so far.
- Wash the dice to remove any grease that could be on the surface
- Use very fine sandpaper or some sort of abrasive to remove the protective finish that is on the dice right now and offer a better surface for the new paint to stick
- Wash the dice again the remove the dust from the paint removal
- Apply one or a few (I’m not sure about this one, I’ll read what is suggested on the can) of primer
- Apply a few thin layer of the color I want on the dice
- Paint a white dot in the carving I made earlier with a fine brush
- Apply one or a few (not sure about this one either, something will be suggested on the can) of clear finish to protect the paint
Any correction or suggestion would be very welcome!