• Sponsor

Can anyone tell me if Axis & Allies 1940 Europe and/or 1940 Pacific 2nd Edition is out of print?, have they or will they do another print run for these games?

• I believe that SiredBlood said that Pacific was out of print. So, I’m going off that. About Europe, IDK. I wish I knew.

Reprints would be nice. But if they went through the trouble to reprint they should just make a “Global” box with both games in it.

• Wizards of the Coast is notoriously bad at letting anyone (including distribution and retailers) know if a game is in print/in reprint/out of print (permanently)/otherwise.

The BEST guess is that it is still going to be made available based solely on their list of “supported products” found here: https://wizards.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2365/

That’s not a guarantee, but it’s the best you’re going to get without having inside information from the company itself.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Guys, amazon has both, on sale, as cheap as I’ve ever seen it. You can get both 1940 Europe and Pacific for $135.00.

I hope that helps. :-)

• @John:

Guys, amazon has both, on sale, as cheap as I’ve ever seen it. You can get both 1940 Europe and Pacific for $135.00.

I hope that helps. :-)

Maybe they are trying to get rid of stock. It’s common for companies to get rid of stuff that is out of print for cheap. I picked my copy of Europe40SE about a year and a half ago with a cost of $70 American. Pacific I picked up for about $60 American. So, I think its been that way for a while. But I don’t know, they could be making another game for all we know.

• Yea pacific 40 2nd ed. prices are going bonkers, while Europe 40 are stable. I believe that means its sold out.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Hunter and IL, your probably right, but if someone doesn’t have it, now is the time to get it. :-)

• '18 '17 '16

I wonder if the sale prices mean they are about to put new out version(s) and those ones will be obsolete.

• Thats an interesting idea General. A new game is certainly needed.

• Sponsor

@GeneralHandGrenade:

I wonder if the sale prices mean they are about to put new out version(s) and those ones will be obsolete.

I don’t feel as though WOTC were totally on board with releasing 2nd editions which makes me sceptical about their involvement in a possible 3rd Edition. That said, I don’t feel there’s any reason to kill the 1940 prints, aren’t they the most popular of all the WOTC A&A games?

• @Young:

@GeneralHandGrenade:

I don’t feel as though WOTC were totally on board with releasing 2nd editions which makes me sceptical about their involvement in a possible 3rd Edition. That said, I don’t feel there’s any reason to kill the 1940 prints, aren’t they the most popular of all the WOTC A&A games?

We dont know for sure. But they are the most popular.

• Based on the talk in this thread between Larry Harris and some fans, I figure we get a new A&A game this year, man.

harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=18863

• @Narvik:

Based on the talk in this thread between Larry Harris and some fans, I figure we get a new A&A game this year, man.

harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=18863

I read it, turns to politics very quickly. But either another WW1 game or American Civil war is what people want

• '17 '16

@Hunter:

I read it, turns to politics very quickly. But either another WW1 game or American Civil war is what people want

I seriously doubt that another WWI game is what most people want… oh sure, you can always find somebody who says they want this or that, but to say the majority of people would be demanding another WWI game, I just don’t see… in the history of wargames from the 1970s to present, and from board to computer, WWI Trench Warfare just isn’t a headline grabber that most people pay for.  WWI games have always been a very, Very niche market, and I don’t see that ever changing.

Maybe he will make another WWI game, but it would never sell as well as if he made another WWII game. That’s just how things are whether or not you think it should be that way. [shrug]

• I must agree with Wolf on this, a game with no Tanks isn’t gonna be a big hit. I have read all 7 pages several times, and Larry pretty much rule out any ancient time game, Napoleon area, Civil War and pretty much WWI too. What is left is obvious a WWII game, and this also happens to be Larrys favorite theme. But we dont know if it will be operational level, like BotB or Dday, or a strategic level like the classic A&A never ending line of games. A Global game with a 1939 startline would be cool, imagine Norway and Poland as playable powers, with nation specific Norwegian and Polish plastic soldiers. Would be a bestseller of all times, man. And the Blockhouse as a new unit. The only issue I can point my finger at, is he says the game will involve Kickstarter. I was not aware that WOTC had to use Kickstarter to get their games out, so maybe this is not in the A&A franchise, but Larrys personal game release ?

edit, oh forgot to mention, he says this game will target the A&A audience, and it will come with plastic miniatures. Yeah, good luck with that.

second edit, he also says he has used the last 3 and a half year working on this. So it better be good.

• @Narvik:

I must agree with Wolf on this, a game with no Tanks isn’t gonna be a big hit. I have read all 7 pages several times, and Larry pretty much rule out any ancient time game, Napoleon area, Civil War and pretty much WWI too. What is left is obvious a WWII game, and this also happens to be Larrys favorite theme. But we dont know if it will be operational level, like BotB or Dday, or a strategic level like the classic A&A never ending line of games. A Global game with a 1939 startline would be cool, imagine Norway and Poland as playable powers, with nation specific Norwegian and Polish plastic soldiers. Would be a bestseller of all times, man. And the Blockhouse as a new unit. The only issue I can point my finger at, is he says the game will involve Kickstarter. I was not aware that WOTC had to use Kickstarter to get their games out, so maybe this is not in the A&A franchise, but Larrys personal game release ?

That sounds awesome. An Ultimate Axis and Allies game would be awesome.

40,41,42 setups would be great along with 39 setup. I dont know about norway and poland being a playable power. But maybe adding the Dutch and minor axis powers would be awesome.

• @Narvik:

I must agree with Wolf on this, a game with no Tanks isn’t gonna be a big hit. I have read all 7 pages several times, and Larry pretty much rule out any ancient time game, Napoleon area, Civil War and pretty much WWI too. What is left is obvious a WWII game, and this also happens to be Larrys favorite theme.

Could also be post WW2 as there is a LOT of war material available there as well.

edit, oh forgot to mention, he says this game will target the A&A audience, and it will come with plastic miniatures. Yeah, good luck with that.

Good luck? A&A has plastic miniatures, so why not another “dudes on a map” game from Larry?

second edit, he also says he has used the last 3 and a half year working on this. So it better be good.

3-4 years is actually a pretty typical development time for a board game.

• @IWillNeverGrowUp:

Could also be post WW2 as there is a LOT of war material available there as well.

No, I dont think so, because he said the game will have a US player, and that rules out most of the local tribe wars in Africa. And I dont think a Global 1990 nuke them game will sell. The first player to push the bottom wins, it will be a short game for sure. Second turn we are all dead. No, that wont sell. And how many American heros did we see in Vietnam ? No, I dont think a baby killer game will sell. Is it a sniper game based on Falluhja or Kabul ? I cant see that type of game compete with the pc shooting games. No man, what we will see is either a new D day game with new sculpts and new combat rules, or the 50 Anniversary game with 3 new starting dates and Blockhouse as new unit, and maybe Norway as playable power for the 1939 start line.

Go figure

• '17 '16

@Narvik:

Vietnam ? No, I dont think a baby killer game will sell.

Ummm… please… as an American Vet, please don’t go there… unless you were there, I don’t think you should be sticking labels on things.

For the record, babies die in every war, including WWII.

• Sponsor

An all in one 1940 Global 3rd Edition is the safest project to fill the corporate coffers… anything else would be just scratching a creative itch with the risk of financial loss attached (including any and all theater operation games).

For the record… I said the safest bet vs. the risk of loss, I didn’t say “anything other than G40.3 will lose money”.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m