Problems running 1.9.0.0.12226 with Win7 32bit

• 2019 2018 2017 2016 2015 '14 '13 Official Answers TripleA Moderator

@majikforce:

Opened the file with notepad and changed it to Xms1G but when I go to save it it asks if I want to overwrite TripleA.vmoptions.� I click yes and it tells me access is denied.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Windows User Access Control in System directories such as “c:\program files”. 😉

To overcome this, you need to run the editor as administrator.

To save us some time I have attached both files.

Just remove the file extensions so that the filename changes from for example “TripleA.vmoptions.1G.txt” to only “TripleA.vmoptions”.
    Copy this file into the TripleA installation directory. Windows will prompt you with the UAC-window when trying to overwrite. Confirming this should work, than.

Alternatively you could uninstall TripleA via the control panel and reinstall it back - but into a different target-directory, such as C:\Games\TripleA (you need to create a directory “Games” before). This will prevent from dealing with admin rights in system directories.

TripleA.vmoptions.1G.txt
    TripleA.vmoptions.512M.txt

@simon33:

Do you get the same problems when nothing else is running? 3GB should be enough to run Triple A.

I agree, Simon, 3 GB should be enough, normally.

His old version that ran flawlessly, had the vmoptions with 1G, so that is what makes me hope that the tweak will work.

If this does not fix the problem, I will ask the devs to take a look at this issue.

Maybe you have another idea?

• 2019 2017 2016

My only faintest idea is perhaps he’s on a suspicious Java version:

java.runtime.version 1.8.0_181-b13

I don’t know anything negative about this version on Win32 but perhaps there’s a problem?

@simon33:

My only faintest idea is perhaps he’s on a suspicious Java version:

java.runtime.version 1.8.0_181-b13

I don’t know anything negative about this version on Win32 but perhaps there’s a problem?

Neither do I, I am running that version, but 64 bit. No issues here.
    No other negative user experience that I am aware of.

@P@nther:

@majikforce:

Opened the file with notepad and changed it to Xms1G but when I go to save it it asks if I want to overwrite TripleA.vmoptions.� I click yes and it tells me access is denied.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Windows User Access Control in System directories such as “c:\program files”. 😉

To overcome this, you need to run the editor as administrator.

To save us some time I have attached both files.

Just remove the file extensions so that the filename changes from for example “TripleA.vmoptions.1G.txt” to only “TripleA.vmoptions”.
    Copy this file into the TripleA installation directory. Windows will prompt you with the UAC-window when trying to overwrite. Confirming this should work, than.

Alternatively you could uninstall TripleA via the control panel and reinstall it back - but into a different target-directory, such as C:\Games\TripleA (you need to create a directory “Games” before). This will prevent from dealing with admin rights in system directories.

Got it!  I will give it a go tonight.  At work right now.  Thanks for all your help.  I really apprecitate it!

Okay changed the file and it seems to be running great!  Thanks so much for all your help.  You need a raise 😄  Although my wife does dislike you very much right now 😉  Game on!

@majikforce:

Although my wife does dislike you very much right now 😉

If I only had known that before…  😉

Great that we sorted that out. Now enjoy gaming  🙂

Suggested Topics

I Will Never Grow Up Games
Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures
Dean's Army Guys

Users

Topics

1.3m