• Just checked larrry harris’s game design site and Apha 3 is up. printing it up now.

yay!!!

http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=6149

• I like the AA gun rule change.   This will make them a more important piece to purchase.

• delete this thread please.  There is already a 3 page thread with the same title and a link to the rules.

• Well… for those saying Allies had an edge in Alpha 2, it surely didn’t get fixe in alpha 3!

I feel (just feel, never played yet) Allies gets even better in alpha3. Why :
    1. Russia can rigth after London falls… which means Germany can’t have a turn (or 2) to turn around and still have initiative against Russia.
    2. London gets 4 more hit points free. (AA’s can now take a hit, after they fired)
    3. Paris can now down planes and a extra hit point (new AA)
    4. Interceptors get downed before now (logical, but favors allies IMO)

Just 1 (kinna) help to Axis. Japan can now easily attack Russia without giving any candy to allies.

All other changes are somewhat minor, certainly not a game changer.

I say Alpha 3 is less balanced than alpha 2. OOB gives not a single chance for Axis to win. Alpha 3 is hard… only alpha2 gives a fair chance for Axis (say 40%, as major error for Axis is fatal, while still possible for Allies to win with major error)

• Customizer

Did anyone else notice that Germany loses a Tac bomber in Western Germany?  As if it wasn’t already hard enough sinking the Royal Navy, now I’m down a plane.

• Sponsor

@knp7765:

Did anyone else notice that Germany loses a Tac bomber in Western Germany?  As if it wasn’t already hard enough sinking the Royal Navy, now I’m down a plane.

I hope were not back to classic where Germanys only realistic option is to fight Russia.

• @Young:

@knp7765:

I hope were not back to classic where Germanys only realistic option is to fight Russia.

Sorry but yes thats where Alpha+3 is at

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Amur – Manchurian/Korean Front:
    With the recent unsuccessful Japanese invasion of Eastern Mongolia (1939), and the fragile treaty that followed, Mongolia feels obligated to consider any Japanese military movement into Amur as a flanking threat to its national sovereignty and will immediately renounce its neutrality and join the Allies. If the Japanese attack Amur from Manchuria and/or Korea, all Mongolian territories (Olgiy, Dzavhan, Tsagaan-Olom, Central Mongolia, Ulaanbaatar, and Buyant-Uhaa) are immediately placed under control of the Soviet Union in the same manner as though the Soviet Union had moved land units into a friendly neutral territory. These territories have Soviet control markers placed on them, and their standing army units are placed on the board and are controlled by the Soviet Union player from then on. This occurs regardless of the state of relations between the Soviet Union and Japan at the time of the attack. It should be noted that no penalty or bonus is awarded to either side if the Soviet Union attacks Manchuria or Korea.

WOW!

• WHAT A BUNCH OF BS!!!

I thought Alpha 3 was going to make America involved in the European front more, and weaken russia. But now the Axis are SCREWED! AA guns are 3 TIMES AS POWERFUL NOW. The axis airforce is almost completly usless now, and the Russians are STILL AS POWERFUL. Plus, the RUSSIANS should be the ones who are discouraged from attacking Japan, not the other way around!

I am going to play this, but I am seriously doubting whether or not this wil be ballanced at all.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@KillOFzee:

WHAT A BUNCH OF BS!!!

I thought Alpha 3 was going to make America involved in the European front more, and weaken russia. But now the Axis are SCREWED! AA guns are 3 TIMES AS POWERFUL NOW. The axis airforce is almost completly usless now, and the Russians are STILL AS POWERFUL. Plus, the RUSSIANS should be the ones who are discouraged from attacking Japan, not the other way around!

I am going to play this, but I am seriously doubting whether or not this wil be ballanced at all.

AA Guns are 5 times as important and a third as powerful, I think you meant to say.  You cannot fire 3 shots at each attacking plane, you can fire three shots if there are 3 or more planes attacking.

The Russian front will still be breached, but not from Manchuria or Korea.  Good.

Germany is not forced to attack Russia.  It may or may not prove to be the best option.  Honestly, with 3 crd submarines, you might go after Russia and castrate England with submarines instead, it’s far cheaper!

America is down 2 NOs if they ignore the Atlantic, 3 if Germany snipes W. Indies as well. It’s a helluva lot better than I expected from Larry, given how powerful he always makes America in these games.

• '17 '16 '13 '12

@mantlefan:

@knp7765:

I am at Harris Game design and see 3 there. Did they edit it back or am I missing something?

They fixed a typo that was there originally.

• Sponsor

@Omega1759:

@mantlefan:

@knp7765:

Did anyone else notice that Germany loses a Tac bomber in Western Germany?  As if it wasn’t already hard enough sinking the Royal Navy, now I’m down a plane.

I am at Harris Game design and see 3 there. Did they edit it back or am I missing something?

if you’re were going to work on something so long, and so important, to so many people, wouldn’t you triple check it before you release it?

• @Young:

@Omega1759:

@mantlefan:

@knp7765:

if you’re were going to work on something so long, and so important, to so many people, wouldn’t you triple check it before you release it?

Hey, mistakes happen.  They caught it and fixed it.  There’s no need to complain about it anymore.

• Sponsor

@Ruanek:

@Young:

@Omega1759:

@mantlefan:

@knp7765:

Hey, mistakes happen.  They caught it and fixed it.  There’s no need to complain about it anymore.

Fair enough.

• Customizer

@Young:

@Ruanek:

@Young:

@Omega1759:

@mantlefan:

@knp7765:

Fair enough.

Yeah, I went back and checked again and saw it was corrected.  Looks like the only thing changed in the setup is the Italian fleet, the Italian strat bomber and  the # of AA guns for everyone.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m