• '18 '17 '16

I got some time to develop a supreme map for the second edition.
    The map is based on the scan of the map of the first edition by Imperious Leader. I decided to take the 1942 scan of IL, because it is a much more nicer map than the OOB map of 1942 2nd edition. Another advantage: it has the same size as the 1942 first edition supreme map of IL (1625 mm X 863 mm).

What you get:

• landscape map of AA1942, first edition (most beautiful map)
    • territory configuration with regard to 1942 2nd edition.
    • territory borders according to AA1942 2nd edition
    • sea zones according to 1942 second edition
    • sea zone numbers according to 1942 second edition
    • switzerland territory reduced
    • Mongolia territory reduced
    • northern part of Turkey added
    • adapted victory city names, including Honolulu and San Francisco
    • adapted IPCs
    • mobilization zone
    • national production chart

Many thanks to IL, that I could use his 1942 first edition map!

PLEASE LOOK ON p2 and p3 OF THE THREAD FOR THE FINAL VERSIONS!!!
    5 VERSIONS OF DIFFERENT STYLE ARE DELIVERED!!!

• Few comments…

Not fond of the sea lines, prefer the OOB style with two color style with the white ‘fuzzy’ underneath.

Some of the border lines are too close to the color of nation, problem with OOB lines is that on land it’s hard to see separation of areas because they used a thin line and colored it the same as each nation.

The box on the left hand side is a bit simplistic, left margin kinda close to text. Prefer more color.

Everything else great. Good job.

• '18 '17 '16

Thank you for your comments on the map, IL!

• topology of two seazones corrected
    • topology of one country corrected
    • left margin of mob-zone corrected
    • some border colors adapted

Concerning colors, I think, map users can adapt their own favorite color arrangement easily:

• open CD,
    • define page size (map size in mm),
    • import the map,
    • zoom in or out by scrolling mouse button
    • unable all layers (right hand side of the desktop, click on the eye symbols of the layers not needed) but the layer for borders you want to change (e.g. layer “british borders”),
    • mark all borders at once,
    • assign the favorite color property for all borders at once, save and export to PDF - ready (10 minutes work).
  • '18 '17 '16

Improvements/changes:

• IPC chart in two colors with different camouflage filling patterns
    • new mobilization zone, with camouflage patterns
    • transparent bitmaps of battleships included (Bismarck, USS Missouri with destroyer, Yamato, Hood)
    • transparent bitmaps of a submarine (Type VII c) and a fighter (IL-2 Sturmovik) included
    • cutting frame (for printers) included

PLEASE LOOK ON p2 AND p3 OF THE THREAD FOR THE FINAL VERSIONS!!!

• Great map. :D

Only once printed out it is very hard to see the outlines of the different nations on land.
    The sea kwadrants are fine.

• '18 '17 '16

Thank you for your feedback! It’s always important, to know what could be improved.

I’m going to broad the border lines. Right now the lines are very fine (“capillary”), primarily for the reason to sustain the texture of the map as much as possible. Problems may occur, when the print material (e.g. canvas) and the resolution of the printers are not as appropriate as required for these lines.

Anyway, I will upload another file with broader border lines (0.5 mm). Please give me a day.

• '18 '17 '16

Corrections and changes:

• borders between countries now in double lines, each 0.5mm broad.
    • file size reduced to only 50 MB due to another PDF-export procedure, no decrement of quality.
    • bitmaps of battle ships improved and integrated.
    • one correction: now the border between seazone 13 and 23 exactly leads to the border of Morocco and Sahara

• I have AA50 but want to play 42sec.ed. with my friends. I already got the rules anything else seems to come with AA50.
    Your map looks great  and I want to print it on a large scale but why has GE 41 IPCs instead of the original 40 ?

• It is an error by the makers of the game. UK also says 30, instead of 31.

• UK is 31 and Germany is 41, to clarify.

• Thanks for the clarification!

• '18 '17 '16

When checking the income values on the map, I recognized an error on the National production chart concerning the numerical order (error fixed).
    Whereas I checked the map several times I recommend people who want to print the map to check it, too. Four or more eyes are better than two.

Some things have been adapted in this last version in comparison to the former version:

• Switzerland area reduced
    • Turkey landscape supplemented
    • Mongolia reduced
    • border color US changed

• '14

I just totaled Japan IPC’s and it is 31.  The tracker says 30.

• '14

You talked about editing the map ourselves?!  I am not a computer wiz so can you please tell me how I do this?  I just got a new windows 8 computer I’m trying to figure out (hate it so far).  What program do I need to open it to be able to edit it?  Right now I have it saved as a pdf file.  I would love to personalize this beautiful map.  Thanks for the hard work again you guys!

• '18 '17 '16

I just totaled Japan IPC’s and it is 31.  The tracker says 30.

You are right, there was an error on the map (Okinawa hasn’t got an IPC).

• '18 '17 '16

I made all the apllications with Corel Draw X6 (drawings), Corel Paint Shop Pro X4 or Corel Photo Paint X6 (bitmap/Jpeg changes). These programs are quite complex, but I started liek you, I didn’t know anything about Corel. I used the AAA map project to improve my skills.

Nevertheless, it would take some time to get used to the software. I recommend to concentrate on Corel Draw and to commence with developing new drawings (like borders and so on). If you want to modify the map in Corel Draw, follow the instructions once given in the thread (also see below):

open Corel Draw,

• define page size (map size in mm),
    • import the map,
    • zoom in or out by scrolling mouse button
    • unable all layers (right hand side of the desktop, click on the eye symbols of the layers not needed) but the layer for borders you want to change (e.g. layer “british borders”),
    • mark all borders at once,
    • assign the favorite color property for all borders at once, save and export to PDF - ready (10 minutes work).

Please understand, that I can’t explain the software in detail, it is far too complex to handle it in a thread.

• You can also download Photoshop as a free 30 day trial and make all your changes with that - that’s what I did.

• '14

Downloaded photo shop and just feeling it out.  I’m hoping to remove the IPC tracker.  My friends also want me to look at inserting a swastika roundel over the originals.  It just feels good beating up on Nazi’s they said.  However, someone has to play them.

• '18 '17 '16

I’m hoping to remove the IPC tracker.

If it gets problematic, tell me. It’s just a few clicks to make the IPC tracker unvisible or even to delete it.
    If photoshop works with layers, you can make the corresponding layer unvisible.

Regarding the swastikas, I can’t help you.
    (§ 86a StGB (German Criminal Code), Use of Symbols of Unconstitutional Organizations:
    Whoever domestically distributes or publicly uses (…) symbols of unconstitutional organizations,
    or whoever produces, stocks, imports or exports objects which depict or contain such symbols for distribution or use domestically or abroad,
    shall be punished with imprisonment for not more than three years or a fine.)

• @pfc_pander:

Downloaded photo shop and just feeling it out.  I’m hoping to remove the IPC tracker.  My friends also want me to look at inserting a swastika roundel over the originals.  It just feels good beating up on Nazi’s they said.  However, someone has to play them.

Use paint in Photoshop, eyedropper to get the ocean color, and paint over then IPC tracker. I wouldn’t swastika up your map - like a permanent tattoo - you may regret it later.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m