Historical Boardgames sponsored BATTLE OF THE AGES Tournament

• Customizer

MIR, you and Bacala will face off in round 5, playing with Dice

wirkey and pug will likewise face off, playing with LL

get to it

• Ajm (good) wins vs soulfein (evil).

Save attached

soulfein LOTR.tsvg

• Santa (evil) surrenders to Wassmuss (good) in LoTR.

It was only my second time ever playing the map, and I had fun even though I got crushed.

WassmussLOTR.tsvg

• It’s my impression that this game is heavily-weighted towards ‘Good’. Results so far seem to confirm an imbalance…

• Customizer

ajm should have played as evil, not sure why he didn’t
    perhaps he can repeat his victory as evil to show us all?

• Customizer

@Make_It_Round:

It’s my impression that this game is heavily-weighted towards ‘Good’. Results so far seem to confirm an imbalance…

Fear not! I’m currently playing ‘good’ and will help swing the curve back towards universal balance.

• I’m no expert on this map, but I’m pretty sure that evil is a lot harder to play, but still rather balanced.

• After three rounds of not knowing what I was doing I (evil) conceded to Pug.

First time LotR, was fun though.
    Thanks to all opponents for nice gaming and Veqryn for organisation!

LotR wirkey vs Pug.tsvg

• Customizer

hey its not over yet wirkey, we still have round 6 (TWW) ahead of us.  after that, it will be officially over.

• i thought TWW was only as a tiebreaker to determine the winner. With 2-3 i doubt that i have chances :) but if there is an official rnd 6, of course i will participate. Please give me ice, i want to have the chance once to kick his ass :-)

• Customizer

Gekkepop (Evil) defeats Most Holy (Good)

Low luck, no bid

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=30465.msg1101951#msg1101951

• Hepps01 (Allies) has conceeded to Gekkepop (Central Powers) in round 4.

BotA R4 Gekkepop (CP) vs Hepps (Allies).tsvg

• Good game Gekkepop.

• '17 '16 '15 '12

Lala for Mordor defeats Alex for the Free Peoples. Well done.

• Customizer

I am hoping to post the next and last round of this tournament soon: round 6: Total World War

We have 2 undefeated participants who will be battling for the prize: Ajmdemen and Admetus
    And I hope to have everyone else play too.

However, I can not do this until all round 4 games are finished, and we still have 2 games ongoing:

Nothing to see here
    vs
    lalapalooza

and

Funcioneta
    vs
    AmorphousCube

We also have several round 5 games not started yet, and I’ll send out private messages to get everyone to start theirs.

HBG_BotA_tournament_triplea_2013_apr_15.zip

• @Veqryn:

If there are 2 people tied for 1st somehow (which is technically impossible after 6 rounds), then we run a tiebreaker round for those two.  (participation in tiebreaker round is optional for everyone but the 2 front-runners)

Please, when you set up round 6, leave me out.

I have taken a look into Total World War and - although the appearance is really great - I do not have the time and patience to deal with this extensive game in an adequate way. Concerning WW II I will stick to the A&A games.

I enjoyed Napoleonic Empires, 270BC and LotR very much and feel like playing those again every now and then.

Thank you  :-)

• @P@nther:

@Veqryn:

If there are 2 people tied for 1st somehow (which is technically impossible after 6 rounds), then we run a tiebreaker round for those two.  (participation in tiebreaker round is optional for everyone but the 2 front-runners)

I have taken a look into Total World War and - although the appearance is really great - I do not have the time and patience to deal with this extensive game in an adequate way. Concerning WW II I will stick to the A&A games.

I have enjoyed Napoleonic Empires, 270BC and LotR very much and feel like playing those again every now and then.

• Customizer

glad you enjoyed them,

if everyone here enjoys only 2 or 3 out of the 6 games, it is still a great success

the whole point is to try a bunch of new things and hopefully find something you like

• '17 '16 '15 '12

@P@nther:

@Veqryn:

I enjoyed Napoleonic Empires, 270BC and LotR very much and feel like playing those again every now and then.

Same is true for me Veq, 270, Napoleon and ME are great, but the WW I and II games I did not really enjoy that much. Was nice to get to play against many players I did not know before, all of them fun to play against. Thx for organising!

• @Veqryn:

glad you enjoyed them,

if everyone here enjoys only 2 or 3 out of the 6 games, it is still a great success

the whole point is to try a bunch of new things and hopefully find something you like

You are right - it was definitely worth playing the tournament! I got to know games I would probably never have played.
    Also I have played against people I did not meet before - all of them have been a pleasure to play with.

All in all: Great success!!! Thank you very much for all your efforts!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m