• Hi,

I’ve created a playaid for A&A 1942 2e (soon to be released) but I also thought of a couple of other playaids that would make the game easier to play. I’m wondering if anyone knows if they have already been created and where I can find them.  I’ll create them if no one has.

• Victory Condition tracking sheet. A simple score tracker to keep track of the total # of Victory Cities each side has.

• A stand with a flagpole and flag for each Victory City, giving all of the players an easy way to quickly see all of the Victory Cities. We often play with players who haven’t played A&A much, or at all, so I thought this would be nice helper.

Anyone know if either of these exist? =)

• TripleA

Usually new players don’t play with vcs…

• I haven’t looked through their site to see if they have flagpoles, but I know that this firm…

http://www.litko.net/

…produces lots of game-support items.

• @Cow:

Usually new players don’t play with vcs…

we don’t seem to like playing with victory cities in my group either.

• @P-Unit:

Hi,

I’ve created a playaid for A&A 1942 2e (soon to be released) but I also thought of a couple of other playaids that would make the game easier to play. I’m wondering if anyone knows if they have already been created and where I can find them.  I’ll create them if no one has.

• Victory Condition tracking sheet. A simple score tracker to keep track of the total # of Victory Cities each side has.

The Anniversary Edition (AA50) had VC markers, 1 for each city with the name printed. Maybe those are available to download, print and glue them to a cip.

• A stand with a flagpole and flag for each Victory City, giving all of the players an easy way to quickly see all of the Victory Cities. We often play with players who haven’t played A&A much, or at all, so I thought this would be nice helper.

Anyone know if either of these exist? =)

Flagpoles no, but there are pieces from other games that you could possibly use, like the city pieces from Fortress America, although it would be hard to get some of those.

• Make sure you get a white flag for Paris.

• I can easily modify the VC chart that I made for Global 1940.2 (although I’ll have to get a mod to post the link for me, since I’m still new).  You can see an example in the Global 1940 Forum “Global 1940.2 IPC & VC Tracking Chart” (there’s a small scale image and a download).

How large did you want the VC chart to be for printing?

As for flags or flagpoles… no idea.

I was actually thinking of doing this for myself… as we sometimes lose track with the VCs going back and forth so much and so quickly within a turn.
    \

• @Mallery29:

Make sure you get a white flag for Paris.

lol!

• TripleA '12

I have found an easy way to track Victory Cities in this game: use a red chip for the Axis and put it on the No 6 of the IPC Track, and use a green chip for the Allies and put it on the No 7. Every time a VC changes hands during the course of the game just move the two tokens up and down respectively.

Standard Victory: Axis must go from 6 to 9, Allies must go from 7 to 10

Total Victory: both sides must go to 13

Easy.  :-)

• Customizer

Even easier: look at where a Victory City is and look at the color of the pieces that are there. If they are green, tan or maroon, then the Allies have that city. If the pieces are black or orange, then the Axis have that city. See how easy this is? (hee hee hee hee hee)

• Link to post I made about my victory city flags.

Pic:

• Awesome idea!  It also saves you table space by having the flags on the board instead of having a separate tracking chart.

• Hi, found similar flags on another site called Shaper & Maker. He has them listed under:
    Objective marker flags for WW2 games, pt 2. These where made for axis and allies miniatures.

He has created flags for Belgium, Canada, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Romania
    Germany, Great Britain, Japan, Soviet Union, USA.

I tried to post an image from image shack but I am unable to post it. You will have to a search for the site and see if they interest you, he has free downloads if you want them.

• thanks for posting for me.

After downloading I open it with Microsoft paint then crop and copy as many copies of a certain flag that I need.

• Im making flags, work in progress. I work in a kitchen so…using the top of mini tabasco bottle for base, about the size of classic aa gun. Heat paperclip to make hole in center. Insert tooth pick…ta da… flag pole. Will glue tiny metal washer to bottom if needs more weight but seems fine fight now. Next take plastic coffee stirer and cut in half, melt one side closed. Glue or tape paper flag to stirer. Place tabasco base on vc then add controlling flag on top. Can easily swap out controlling flags to new owner…gonna print 20 ea flags 2 sided for each of the 10 nations. Gonna color copy roundels for graphics. Gives 20 stands and 200 flags for all possible out comes. You never know, france may conqure the map!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m