• My friend and I played 2 games last night and I was the Axis both time’s and won in the 4th round both times. My thoughts after playing for the first time is that the Axis have an advantage, my firend went full Pacific with USA both times and he kept Japan in check, but Germany went wild. I built a carrier both games and UK could not build a fleet and I took them over twice. I think the right mix would be 50% usa in the Atlantic and Pacific. I would like to hear what Hobbes did with his plan as the Allies as the next time we play, I will be the Allies. The Allies must have some kind of threat in the Atlantic to win this game. Just my thoughts.

• @Petebu:

My friend and I played 2 games last night and I was the Axis both time’s and won in the 4th round both times. My thoughts after playing for the first time is that the Axis have an advantage, my firend went full Pacific with USA both times and he kept Japan in check, but Germany went wild. I built a carrier both games and UK could not build a fleet and I took them over twice. I think the right mix would be 50% usa in the Atlantic and Pacific. I would like to hear what Hobbes did with his plan as the Allies as the next time we play, I will be the Allies. The Allies must have some kind of threat in the Atlantic to win this game. Just my thoughts.

I agree that US must split–it’s first priority is sending something Britain’s way so UK’s fleet isn’t instantly vaporized by the Germans.  My favorite thing about 1942.2 is that America feels stronger in the Pacific, which helps them go 50/50 a bit easier.

• … I can’t really tell what to do with the Allies at this point  :-D

I just tried instead of Karelia to push directly with the Germans for a G4 Caucasus capture, as Cow suggested on another thread, and it’s a pain to stop.

R1 fighter to Egypt is solid but at the expense of Germans taking Caucasus on G1 or spend nearly all your tanks on Ukraine. But if you have a strong German push you risk being overstretched with the Soviets because you’ll have 4 attacks to make R2 and 3 of those will be countered (Karelia, Ukraine, Belorussia) and the units destroyed.

One possible option for UK/US is to perform the SZ37 UK attack and invade Solomon Islands with the US forces but buy everything for the Atlantic on US1. If the SZ37 attack is successful then the Allies briefly reach naval parity with Japan but that will change quickly. But this way you’ll have two fleets, both capable of having some effect.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m