HBG - Axis & Allies Parts/Accessories and Custom Piece Sets Store!

• Customizer

Here is the battleship and carrier.

US Battleships-A.jpg
    US Carriers-A.jpg

• Customizer

Finally, here are the heavy and light cruisers.
    Also a pic of all of my dark green pieces that I ordered.

These pieces really look good.  Coach did a great job of designing them and the factory did good producing them.  I ordered 15 sets in olive and 10 sets in dark green.  In all of that, only a couple of ships were a little bent.  Most of all the ships were nice and straight.
    Even the planes came out excellent.  In past sets , you would get some planes where the wings were kind of bent.  There were a few here but most were nice and straight.  A lot less work for me.
    I am really happy with these pieces.  GREAT JOB COACH!!!

US Cruisers-A.jpg
    US Expansion green-A.jpg

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Thanks knp, for showing these pics. They look truly awesome. I can’t wait for mine to arrive. :-D

• Nice Pics! I’m so looking forward to my sets arriving….

Great looking product HBG!

• @knp7765:

Finally, here are the heavy and light cruisers.
    Also a pic of all of my dark green pieces that I ordered.

These pieces really look good.  Coach did a great job of designing them and the factory did good producing them.  I ordered 15 sets in olive and 10 sets in dark green.  In all of that, only a couple of ships were a little bent.  Most of all the ships were nice and straight.
    Even the planes came out excellent.  In past sets , you would get some planes where the wings were kind of bent.  There were a few here but most were nice and straight.  A lot less work for me.
    I am really happy with these pieces.  GREAT JOB COACH!!!

And I thought i owned a lot of pieces…just out of curiosity, what do you need 25 sets for??

Koningstiger, I have 20 sets myself, but I’m a piece junkie. I’m have some painted, and some that I won’t paint. The olive green will be European Forces, and the Dark Green will be Pacific forces. :-D

• Customizer

@Koningstiger:

And I thought i owned a lot of pieces…just out of curiosity, what do you need 25 sets for??

This might be a little weird, but I have a set piece count that I like to have for my gaming pieces. Here is what I like to have for the basic game of Global 1940:
    Infantry = 100 pcs.
    Tanks, Mechs, Artillery = 50 pcs.
    Fighters, AA Guns, Transports, Submarines, Destroyers = 40 pcs.
    Tac Bombers, Strat Bombers, Cruisers = 30 pcs.
    Battleships, Aircraft Carriers = 20 pcs.

I do it this way because I really don’t like using chips unless absolutely necessary, like a lot of units in a small territory. I came up with these numbers basing it on how often each unit is likely to get purchased. I do this for all nation sets, even France and ANZAC, because we sometimes will mix things up with new games like “Alternate Alliances” or play the regular Global 40 game and just use different country’s units for whatever country we are playing. EG. Germany plays with ANZAC pieces, etc.
    So when I started collecting HBG sets, I like to try and get the same amounts, or at least close to it. I’ve actually got 5 more sets in each color on another order that I placed after this order that will be coming later. This will total 20 sets in Olive and 15 sets in Dark Green. Olive is my main US color so that’s why I got more of them.

With the units that are different versions of our current units, like infantry, tanks, fighters, etc., I like to try and get them to the same numbers that I have with my OOB pieces. 20 sets will get me to 40 pieces of each. I might get a few more when they go on sale individually later on if I feel I really need to.

As for the supplement and expansion pieces, I match those units up to the OOB unit they most closely match.
    Tank Destroyers, SP Artillery, Heavy Tanks = Tanks
    Jet Fighters, Naval or Army fighters, Early or Late War Fighters = Fighters
    Dive Bombers, Torpedo Bombers, Fighter/Bombers = Tactical Bombers
    Heavy Bombers = Bombers
    Trucks, Halftracks, Armored Cars, Armored Personnel Carriers = Mechanized Infantry

Anyway, that is why I make such big orders.

@knp7765:

Here’s the heavy artillery and the tanks.

Got mine Saturday… Awesome set!

Those Pershing heavy tanks are HUGE! They are great. Gonna look real intimidating on the board.

Essex is a beauty too. Excellently captured.

• '12

I got mine last Thursday, loved every single piece, but the B-24( its small, skinny wings and body) would have liked it a little bigger, seems tiny next to the British sterling, know it was a little shorter but not to that extend. Also the P-47s wings had to be a bit wider. Nave units look great, amazing detail on the BB, im glad the heavy tank is that size.

• Customizer

I think the B-24 was just right.  I think the Sterling bomber was too big.  I was surprised when I first got my UK sets at the size of the Sterling bomber.
    I really like the Pershing tank too.  It will easily compare to the nasty German Tiger I. The 155mm “Long Tom” looks really cool. I like getting the South Dakota battleship too.  I was getting tired of using the Nevada for the US battleship.

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@georgemak1:

I got mine last Thursday, loved every single piece, but the B-24( its small, skinny wings and body) would have liked it a little bigger, seems tiny next to the British sterling, know it was a little shorter but not to that extend. Also the P-47s wings had to be a bit wider. Nave units look great, amazing detail on the BB, im glad the heavy tank is that size.

The B-24 did have skinny wings though.

b24.JPG

I think the B-24 is a great addition. Always liked it better than the B-17 personally. Can’t wait to paint some in the sandy tan scheme.

• I received my package yesterday.  I couldn’t recall what specific models of equipment were in the set, and I didn’t have the list with me, but when I examined the various units I recognized the B-24 Liberator right away from its distinctive shape (its fuselage has blunt, blocky, almost rectangular look) which the sculpt captures very nicely.  Very good modeling work by the folks at HBG.

• Customizer

Hey Coach. If you don’t mind answering, can you say about where the pre-orders are at as far as how many have been shipped? I think I’m not sure how many people ordered before I ordered mine but I’m salivating to get my hands on them. Anyways the models look great and I’m green with envy for you guys that have yours.

PS. Thanks Doug to you and the HBG crew and all your hard work!

@toblerone77:

Hey Coach. If you don’t mind answering, can you say about where the pre-orders are at as far as how many have been shipped? I think I’m not sure how many people ordered before I ordered mine but I’m salivating to get my hands on them. Anyways the models look great and I’m green with envy for you guys that have yours.

We are well over halfway, probably be finished in 2 weeks or less.

• @coachofmany:

@toblerone77:

We are well over halfway, probably be finished in 2 weeks or less.

Does that include the orders placed in Europe which are to be distributed by the German subsidiary?

• Should I order from the states? I understood that Germany was no longer supplying. I am in England.
    Thanks.

• @wittmann:

Should I order from the states? I understood that Germany was no longer supplying. I am in England.
    Thanks.

I ordered the US units and the German units from there and will be placing an order there soon for the Global '36 map along with the player aids and have been corresponding with the guy in charge there as recently as two days ago, so that would really come as a surprise to me as I’ve heard nothing to that effect…

• Thanks. I have ordered twice from there over the last 18 months, but another Englishman said he was taking time  off for a while. I hope that time has passed!
    Will try and find his email address again.

@wittmann:

Thanks. I have ordered twice from there over the last 18 months, but another Englishman said he was taking time  off for a while. I hope that time has passed!
    Will try and find his email address again.

Germay site is still open, Delaja has had several medical issues with his wife and new child with near death issues. I am very prayerful for him and his family but it does seem that they are climbing out of the health issues. Right now, only the US site has the 1936 map, he will soon have the US sets after we fill all the Pre-orders.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m