• The only musical instrument I can play is the iPod.

• Guitar, banjo, piano…took banjo lessons 5 years and then learned guitar and piano from that.

• Nothing. Could not even play the recorder at school.

Kuenstler, that seems like an odd shoot off (banjo to guitar). Most do it the other way, any reason for learning in that direction.

GG

• I just thought that everyone played the guitar so I wanted to play something different. They say the banjo is harder than guitar at first because you have to learn to pick it. But after you learn that it gets easier than a guitar because there are only 4 strings to learn instead of 6. (the 5th is a drone)

After I hit college I realized the banjo was pretty limited for styles such as rock-n-roll so I started learning guitar.

You do any fiddlin’ with that violin?  :lol:

@Der:

I just thought that everyone played the guitar so I wanted to play something different. They say the banjo is harder than guitar at first because you have to learn to pick it. But after you learn that it gets easier than a guitar because there are only 4 strings to learn instead of 6. (the 5th is a drone)

After I hit college I realized the banjo was pretty limited for styles such as rock-n-roll so I started learning guitar.

You do any fiddlin’ with that violin?  :lol:

I do fiddle a bit, played in small band, a lot of rhythmic stuff than melodic though. That’s still a blast, especially when jamming.

GG

• '15

I’m an aspiring drummer.  I rarely get to play on a real kit, though, so I’m stuck with Pro Mode Rock Band at the moment.

• TripleA '12

Guitar and bass guitar, about 21 years. Played in many bands since I was 16 and have done more gigs than you’ve had hot dinners.  :-D

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

Trumpet in the marching band, Tuba in concert band, keyboard in Jazz band, and saxophone on the side. Of course that was 35 years ago back east in Virginia Beach. Go Princess Anne Cavaliers! I love movie soundtracks and have been listening to Hans Zimmer before most people knew who he was.

@Lozmoid:

Guitar and bass guitar, about 21 years. Played in many bands since I was 16 and have done more gigs than you’ve had hot dinners.  :-D

My family was a big “eat raw” family, so you’re probably right about that. ;)

Were you a cover band, or did you write your own stuff?

GG

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Death Metal Vocals is what I can do.

@Gargantua:

Death Metal Vocals is what I can do.

You’re hired. Our band shall be called “The Axis and Allies.” Everyone is invited to join.

GG

• TripleA '12

Were you a cover band, or did you write your own stuff?

It was all original material up until the last 4-5 years or so when it was pretty much covers! I do still write my own music but rarely these days. Mind you, I did wake up with a new tune in my head this morning with some lyrics to boot, so I’ll see what I can do with it later.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

What about, the “Axis of Allies”?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m