• As I have not seen a successful Sealion and its consequences for Barbarossa, I have to say Allies are favoured now.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@wittman:

As I have not seen a successful Sealion and its consequences for Barbarossa, I have to say Allies are favoured now.

That’s why I am seeing people perfect Barbarossa.  A perfected Barbarossa, given how Larry has handled other perfected Axis strategies, will see further nerfs to Germany/Italy and continued buffs to England.

• Hi. What is a nerf? I have always gone 100% Barbarossa in earlier, older games and neutralised UK on 1 to buy time. 1940 blinded me and took my eye of the real goal.  I play someone who plays UK so on the edge that he always makes me think I can Sealion. Did make him sweat in our last one. Lucky git!

• Really? In every Global game i’ve played, OOB through 3.9, its been an allied victory.  Sometimes the axis came close, but america/britian always brought the hammer down too hard and the axis lost.

• Sponsor

@GeneralT:

Really? In every Global game i’ve played, OOB through 3.9, its been an allied victory.  Sometimes the axis came close, but america/britian always brought the hammer down too hard and the axis lost.

That’s what our group is faced with.

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

well, hard to say what’s going on without seeing your games.

I guess the only thing I can say without seeing your boards is that Germany and Italy should be killing everything in sight round 1-3 and Japan should be moving deep into China and the USSR ready to crush everything in sight about round 3-6.

You guys should get on the forum and play some games.  Best way to see what’s up.

@wittman:

Hi. What is a nerf?

NERF is a toy manufacturer - they specialize in foam balls and foam swords.  To say something has been nerfed is to say that you took something real and made it useless or worthless.

• Yes Russia could use some more units to make it more difficult for the all out push from Germany, Italy, and Japan. It seems that it comes down to the luck of the roll, the last 3 games it came down to the dice to determine Russia’s fate.
    As far as playability I think its a great game and fairly evenly matched.
    If I get the U.S.A. I think I’ll try Tech, usally its a waste of money.

The problem with adding units to Russia is that America/England have been made virtually impossible to kill.  So we either make the game more fun for Russia AND weaken USA/UK to make it possible to beat them again, or we don’t do anything and leave it a monochromatic game (attack Russia being the only viable strategy.)

I, for one, seriously miss being able to do KEF.  I’m not saying it was an “I win” button, because it wasn’t.  But I miss the OPTION.  At least KCF (Kill Calcutta First) is still very viable.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m