I like this. Very simple. Very elegant. I’m going to have to borrow this for our next game. I’m going to make 8 Blue Allied Victory Tokens, 8 red Axis Victory Tokens and 1 Gold Victory Token.
Posts made by DocFav
RE: Global 1940 Targeted Technologies
No one gets snuffed. Double Deck (2 of every tech). Let’s say the order is Germany, USSR, Japan, US, UK, Italy, Anzac.
Germany would select 6 techs.
USSR would then select 6 techs.
If Germany and USSR selected the SAME techs, No other country would be allowed to have them as they are gone.
Japan would select 6 other techs.
And so on…
You still must buy a tech roll to try and get one. This just avoids the USSR getting Super Subs for some odd reason.
You choose what you want. We’ve used this for our Anniversary Edition Double Blind game with great enjoyment.
Just makes the game a little less stale. That is all.
Global 1940 Targeted Technologies
We’re going to be testing out Targeted Technologies this coming weekend for Global 1940 game. We have a Double Deck of Tech cards. Countries cannot pick 2 of the same tech. Attached are the Tech cards. TargetedTechnologiesv2.pdf
Basic Rules are…
- Countries will roll a 20-sided die to see who picks tech first. Germany, USSR, Japan, US, and UK will roll. (If everyone agrees, Germany was most technological and should go first).
- Highest to lowest chooses 6 technologies they would like.
- Italy will pick 6th and ANZAC will pick 7th.
- China and France do not pick tech.
- Technology rules from the rulebook then apply.
- OPTIONAL RULE: Once technologies are chosen, everyone roles a 6-sided die and gets that tech. They then choose one more random, face down card to make 6 again.
RE: The Bunker Rules
@sweetchops27 I’m going to write it up on our sheet like this.
U-BOAT ACES - The captains and crews of Germany’s submarine fleet were the most experienced in the world. Shortly into the war small flotillas of U-boats were turning the merchant fleets of the Atlantic into submerged steel coffins and the Atlantic was their graveyard.
- If a German submarine survives a combat or conducts a SUCCESSFUL convoy, it is then designated a U-Boat Ace. (One submarine per turn may be “promoted”)
- Those submarines then hit on a 3 on their first round of combat. This may be improved with “Super Subs”