House rules for using the new 1941 sculpts in other global games…

• @Imperious:

Allied Bomber = UK Lancaster
    This is a light Allied bomber that can be built anytime 3-1-6-10

The Lancaster was a heavy bomber, not a light one.  In fact I believe it was the only Allied bomber capable of carrying the 22,000-pound Grand Slam earthquake bomb.

• Do you think there are enough new units to make 3 tech charts (land, air, and naval) with 6 techs apiece? You could easily reuse many of of Global 1940’s existing techs, naturally.

Ie the naval tech tree could be something like:
    Improved shipyards
    Super Subs
    Super Carriers
    Super Heavy Battleships
    Battlecruisers
    Advanced Destroyers

• I still like the idea we talked about awhile back about the lancasters and he-111 being terror bombers. 4/1/6/15 SBR and Terror Bombing Raid as special abilities.

• 4/1/6/15 SBR and Terror Bombing Raid as special abilities.

What?  The He-111 was like a medium bomber, why pay +3 for a bomber with no extra abilities?

• He-111 and Lancaster 4/1/6/15 SBR also can do a SBR on an enemy capital doing 1d6 damage that comes out of the enemies pocket. Think the London Blitz or the night bombing of Berlin and Toyko

• He-111 and Lancaster 4/1/6/15 SBR also can do a SBR on an enemy capital doing 1d6 damage that comes out of the enemies pocket.

What is the difference from a regular bomber thats 4-1-6-12 and does 1D6 damage?

Why would anybody spend 3 more IPC to get the same?

• it’s the old SBR rules. I’m talking about instead of doing damage counters to an IC. These let you take the money out of the players IPCs. The reason to pay the +3 is the 1d6 bomber damage isn’t opinional. Example UK bombs berlin and rolls a 4. The German player pays the bank 4 IPCs. Instead of the bomber doing 4 damage to the IC and the German player desiding not to repair it. It would give a “Round the Clock” feel to the Allied bomber offensive. USA bombs doing damage to the IC and the UK does the damage straight to the IPCs in hand.

• Yea but most people are using Alpha 3+ rules. The new ideas are just to bring in the new sculpts into existing games with minimal impact on the game.

You pay 5 IPC roll a 6 and randomly get a new unit with upgraded values and can build more. ON top of that the investment pays down the cost by 5 IPC so it works for everyone on an equal scale.

• then reduce the cost but keep the basic idea

• Yes right.

• '18

With all the new units coming out we tried putting together a list for integrating all the new HBG/FMG/AA41 units.  
    All our elite infantry have differing special characteristics, such as raiding capability (British Commandoes).  We also limit the number of builds per turn for elite and heavy TD/tanks.  Haven’t play tested yet.  We are using a 6d system.

Infantry                                 1-2-1-3
    Elite Infantry                          2-2-1-4: +1 1st round of Att. or Def.
    Mechanized Infantry               1-2-2-4: blitz with tanks
    Artillery                                 2-2-1-4: supports infantry in attack
    Light Tank                          2-2-2-2@9: blitz, +1 com. Arms w/ Med or Heavy armor on attack
    Mechanized Artillery (SPA)      2-2-2-5:supp. inf; 1st strike salvo
    SPG (tank destroyer)              2-3-2-5: blitz, tank hunt on roll of 1
    SPG (Heavy TD)                     3-4-1-7: tank hunt on roll of 1
    Medium Tank                         3-3-2-6: blitz, combine arms w/ Tac
    Heavy Tank                            4-4-1-8:

I have seen similar charts done in house rules some time ago, so we borrowed from others and we put the chart together with the new units specifically in mind. **One example: Heavy tanks - HBG Hellcat for USA, Tiger from AA41, and IS2 from AA41 or KV from HBG.  **Appreciate any thoughts.

• @FM7:

All our elite infantry have differing special characteristics, such as raiding capability (British Commandoes).

Could you explain?

• I don’t see the value in bringing all the OOB, FMG, and HBG pieces together as a new inventory of pieces.

It’s got to be two lists:

OOB/ FMG
    OOB/ HBG

Too many new units and their is too much duplication in these sets. It just complicates the game just to “fit in” the new units arbitrarily.

• I like your ideas except the FW 190 - you have:

Axis Fighter = German FW-190
    Alternate Axis fighter. 3-3-4-9

Wasn’t the FW 190 superior to the ME 109? I’d make it 4-5-4-11.

• @Imperious:

OOB/ FMG
    OOB/ HBG

As we stand right now doing this is pointless. You’ll have OOB pieces + The Italian set from FMG. I realize FMG has big plans but delay after delay after delay has meant we have been waiting for German set for over 6 months. With atleast 3 different release dates. Maybe in a year or 2 you’ll be right it would be to much but right now i have no problem adding in all 3 OOB/HBG/FMG

• but right now i have no problem adding in all 3 OOB/HBG/FMG

You would for Italy…

• yeah just for italy. so you know italian tanks look well italian.

• Infantry                                1-2-1-3
    Elite Infantry                          2-2-1-4: +1 1st round of Att. or Def.
    Mechanized Infantry              1-2-2-4: blitz with tanks
    Artillery                                2-2-1-4: supports infantry in attack
    Light Tank                          2-2-2-2@9: blitz, +1 com. Arms w/ Med or Heavy armor on attack
    Mechanized Artillery (SPA)      2-2-2-5:supp. inf; 1st strike salvo
    SPG (tank destroyer)              2-3-2-5: blitz, tank hunt on roll of 1
    SPG (Heavy TD)                    3-4-1-7: tank hunt on roll of 1
    Medium Tank                        3-3-2-6: blitz, combine arms w/ Tac
    Heavy Tank                            4-4-1-8:

Infantry 1-2-1-3
    Conscripts 1-1-1-2 ( can only build if you lose an originally controlled area and only 1 per factory)
    Mechanized 1-2-2-4
    Artillery 2-2-1-4
    Heavy Artillery 3-2-1-5
    Light tank ( early war)  2-3-2-5 ( starting tanks for all)
    Medium Tank ( mid war) 3-3-2-6 ( can build these only from turn 3)
    Heavy Tank ( late war) 4-4-1-8 ( can build these only after turn 6)
    Self Propelled Artillery 4-3-2-8 ( if rolls a 1, enemy non infantry unit lost)
    Alternate fighter 4-4-4-11

• Light tanks should be 2-2-2-5. Cost 5 because if they were 4 who would by mechanized infantry? They also had thin armour, so a 2 is reasonable for defence.
    2-2-2-5 for light. maybe attack at 3 if combined with medium/heavy
    3-3-2-6 for medium
    4-4-1-8 for heavy
    I’d like to see a heavy only being able to move 1 because of how much fuel it takes to move these babies long distances. plus if they moved 2 spaces they would be pretty overpowered.

Alternate fighter should not be 4-4-4-11. Who would buy a tac bomber when you could buy a fighter worth the same amount with better stats. should be worth at LEAST 12. I like the 3-3-4-9 as an alternate fighter.

• Right heavy tank moves 1 in combat and 2 in NCM

Light tank at 2-2-2-5 vs. 2-3-2-5  makes me want heavy artillery if the light is 2-2-2-5

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m