FMGC 2012 - Gaming Convention - GTA CANADA

• Founder TripleA Admin

Yeah, guys, with all of this talk of rum and spirits … just keep it under moderation and control. I’m probably going to save all of my drinking calories until the evening after the event. Also, I’m planning on spending some money on the bar that is there. We are using their space so I would like to give even just a little back.

@Rorschach:

@Clyde85:

Ooooo! drinking is allowed!?!�

As Jeremy mentioned … YES … but discreetly!!  If anyone gets out of hand we’ll have no choice but to remove them from the building especially as we don’t have a licence for the event, only the RCAF Club having a licence for what they sell during the time the bar is open.

• @MrMalachiCrunch:

Yes, discreet.  Also make sure you have a safe ride home/hotel.  I’ve only been walking again for about 12 months since a drunk driver nearly killed me.  I for one really enjoy the sensation of being able to walk again.

Absolutely have a safe ride, everyone!!  There are plenty of taxis available, and I’m 100% certain that if needed those at the event that have not had anything to drink will gladly give others a drive!

• Sponsor

Not if their puking and pissin their pants.

• @Young:

Not if their puking and pissin their pants.

I’m going to assume they’ll be removed from the premises before that.  lol.
    That would not be the definition of moderation.  ;)

• Customizer

Gargantua and I have worked together to come up with a special “gift” for everyone at the event.  Custom made just for the event!

I really wish I could come too (stuck on the wrong continent), as it really sounds like it will be a blast!

• Founder TripleA Admin

For those of you on Twitter and Google+ the hashtag for the weekend will be #FMGC12.

If you can’t make it, then just follow along on twitter:
    http://j.mp/FMGC12Live

• Founder TripleA Admin

I’ve kicked off the membership drive for 2012. If you would like to donate in person, I’ll take USD cash at the convention.

I’ll actually take some CAD, it’ll save me a trip to the ATM. I’m going to set a limit at $60 CAD, total.

And as long as there is WiFi (as promised) I’ll give you your badge on the spot (as long as I’m not in the middle of a turn).

• '10

CONFIRMED:  COMBAT DICE ELITE being officialy released at FMGC

They will arrive in my office by end of Day TODAY (Talk about cutting it close!)

• Customizer

We’re about 10 minutes away, stopping for a bite off Brock road at Harvey’s. I hope there’s room at the inn!

• Customizer

Checking in at Best Western right now. We’ll be in room 143! Whiskey, beer and hockey!

edit: we are chilling out drinking Jameson and beers in room 143 at the Best Western Durham on Bloor in Oshawa! If you’re in the area stop by!

• I finally made it to the Knights Inn in Oshawa after driving for nearly 12 hours! Tomorrow is going to be epic!

• '10

We just set up the Venue an hour ago…  Can’t wait to meet you all in person.

The Party has begun!!!

• Customizer

Beaut! Can’t wait. Thanks so much brother! It’s like Christmas eve for dice geeks.

• FANTASTIC event everyone!  Thanks to all for coming!

It’s good to know that all the hard work that goes into these things pays off in the end with people having a great time!

Many many thanks to FMG for making this happen, yet again!

And I gotta say, the Tank show … very cool!
    The guys from this forum who all showed up in uniform on Saturday, I tip my hat to you!

Can’t wait for next year!

• Sponsor

Huge success! Congratulations to FMG, IWNGU, the 420 wing, and all the marshals.

You are all hardcore!

• Customizer

AWESOME weekend!!!  Thank you all for coming!  I don’t think we can say that enough!

I also wanted to  send out a BIG thanks to FMG, because if it wasn’t for them, well, their wouldn’t be an FMGC!

Also, thanks to everyone from axisandallies(dot)org that attended!  You guys are a great bunch to know!

See you all next year!

Twistedaries out!

• Customizer

AWESOME weekend!!!  Thank you all for coming!  I don’t think we can say that enough!

I also wanted to  send out a BIG thanks to FMG, because if it wasn’t for them, well, their wouldn’t be an FMGC!

Also, thanks to everyone from axisandallies(dot)org that attended!  You guys are a great bunch to know!

See you all next year!

Twistedaries out!

• '10

It was the best FMGC so far…  Thank you all for coming.  It was a pleasure to meet all of you in the community.

I would like to give a BIG THANK YOU to the following;

1. My MARSHALS :  Without you this event would never have happened.
    2. djensen  :  Thank you for attending and covering the event.
    3. IWNGU.com  :  Thank you for your support of the event and the prizes you donated
    4. HBG  :  Thank you for the prizes you donated;  they were a big hit!
    5. Makerlight Studios  :  Thank you for your great work on the posters and Media at the Event
    6. ONTR  :  Thank you for letting me command the Sherman and show our guests a great time.
      7)  .org Membership  :  Thank you for coming and enjoying the weekend with us.  It was awsome to meet you and hope to see you again.
    7. Thank you to everyone else I am forgeting at this moment but you know I could not pull this off without you.

Jeremy

• Sponsor

WOW! Last years thread for this event received 2 pages of posts, this year’s convention garnered 15 pages and counting…. so, next year’s FMGC 2013 thread should reach 97 pages.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m