• Official Q&A

No.  It gets them only in the Europe game in the box rules.

• The rules state that AA guns shoot once per attacking plane regardless of number of guns in the territory.  If you have 2 guns in a TT, can one gun defend vs. planes and a second fire rockets at enemy IC from the same TT (if you have the tech)?

I say “yes” and would love to sit in Normandy and Denmark and take pot shots at London and still defend vs. air attacks.

• @Sid:

The rules state that AA guns shoot once per attacking plane regardless of number of guns in the territory.  If you have 2 guns in a TT, can one gun defend vs. planes and a second fire rockets at enemy IC from the same TT (if you have the tech)?

I say “yes” and would love to sit in Normandy and Denmark and take pot shots at London and still defend vs. air attacks.

Yes, Sid, and you can even do that with ONE AA gun.  You defend on their turns, you attack with rockets on yours.

You mention Normandy and Denmark.  You can only fire on an IC with one gun per turn.

• Thanks for the clarification……I had dreams of a phalanx of guns shelling London. :-D

Still, 1D6 for free each round would help (especially since you can use existing guns without degrading air defenses).

• Hello, with Alpha 2.+ rules limiting scrambling are multiple airbases allowed on the same territory? I know the unlimited scramble was one of the concerns when re-writing the rules but if the allies are trying to build fortress malta or fortress java, the 3 fig scramble limit reduces defenses greatly over OOB rules. It would still cost 15ipcs for each additional airbase to add 3 more scrambled units but it may be worth it to hold an important island/coast.

• @cressman8064:

Hello, with Alpha 2.+ rules limiting scrambling are multiple airbases allowed on the same territory? I know the unlimited scramble was one of the concerns when re-writing the rules but if the allies are trying to build fortress malta or fortress java, the 3 fig scramble limit reduces defenses greatly over OOB rules. It would still cost 15ipcs for each additional airbase to add 3 more scrambled units but it may be worth it to hold an important island/coast.

Nope - good thinking, but 1 airbase limit per territory.

• Can air units fly through the Dardanelles like they could in AA50?

• Official Q&A

Yes.

• Question:
    In Global 1940, if on turn 1 the UK or ANZAC move land units into DEI, does UK or ANZAC collect the income from those islands? Japan is at war with China only and the US and USSR are neutral.
    I think it does, but I just want to confirm.

Thanks.

• @chuck1809:

Question:
    In Global 1940, if on turn 1 the UK or ANZAC move land units into DEI, does UK or ANZAC collect the income from those islands? Japan is at war with China only and the US and USSR are neutral.
    I think it does, but I just want to confirm.

Thanks.

Yes, UK and ANZAC can take control of these, and will collect the IPCs.

• If Germany goes Sealion and invades Britain on G3, does this make Russia automatically declare war?

If not, does Germany collect its 5 IPC “Wheat and Oil” NO at the end of its turn after a successful Sealion invasion?

Finally, if Russia enters China, does this provoke war with Japan?

Cheers.

• 2007 AAR League

Kreig-
    I’ve been told that you previously ruled that infantry from England can move directly to Ireland without transport.  Is this true?

• Official Q&A

Welcome, HerbNBrew!

@HerbNBrew:

If Germany goes Sealion and invades Britain on G3, does this make Russia automatically declare war?

No.

@HerbNBrew:

If not, does Germany collect its 5 IPC “Wheat and Oil” NO at the end of its turn after a successful Sealion invasion?

Yes, if it’s still not at war with the USSR.

@HerbNBrew:

Finally, if Russia enters China, does this provoke war with Japan?

The Soviet Union may not move units into China unless it’s at war with Japan.

@Emperor:

Kreig-
    I’ve been told that you previously ruled that infantry from England can move directly to Ireland without transport.  Is this true?

No.  They may move from Scotland to Eire without a transport.

• '22 '19 '18

Double checking if I recapture my capital on my turn, I collect income during the collect income phase, correct?

• @cond1024:

Double checking if I recapture my capital on my turn, I collect income during the collect income phase, correct?

If you recapture the capital with that power (like Moscow with Russia, or Berlin with Germany).  Yes you collect income (and you have no choice) in the same turn you liberate because combat takes place before collect income phase.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@gamerman01:

@cond1024:

If you recapture the capital with that power (like Moscow with Russia, or Berlin with Germany).  Yes you collect income (and you have no choice) in the same turn you liberate because combat takes place before collect income phase.

This is precisely why there are times that one chooses not to liberate their capitol, even if they have the statistical probability of attempting to liberate their capitol successfully.  For, there may be opportunity, with high statistical odds, that your opponent could recapture the territory and gain more through the reconquering than lost in units and position on the board.

• 2007 AAR League

I noticed that Abattlemap is not calculating convoy damage against China (Kwa from SZ36), is China immune from convoy damage?

• 2007 AAR League

Under Alpha2 rules, If London is captured and UK captures additonal territories on the European map, does that Income go to Calcutta?  What about liberating territories on the European map by UK forces, who get’s that income?

• Official Q&A

@Emperor:

I noticed that Abattlemap is not calculating convoy damage against China (Kwa from SZ36), is China immune from convoy damage?

Yes.

@Emperor:

Under Alpha2 rules, If London is captured and UK captures additonal territories on the European map, does that Income go to Calcutta?

No.

@Emperor:

What about liberating territories on the European map by UK forces, who get’s that income?

No one, until London is liberated.

• 2007 AAR League

Does a Sub in SZ125 negate the Russian NO or does it have to be a surface warship?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m