• @cond1024:

Double checking if I recapture my capital on my turn, I collect income during the collect income phase, correct?

If you recapture the capital with that power (like Moscow with Russia, or Berlin with Germany).  Yes you collect income (and you have no choice) in the same turn you liberate because combat takes place before collect income phase.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@gamerman01:

@cond1024:

Double checking if I recapture my capital on my turn, I collect income during the collect income phase, correct?

If you recapture the capital with that power (like Moscow with Russia, or Berlin with Germany).  Yes you collect income (and you have no choice) in the same turn you liberate because combat takes place before collect income phase.

This is precisely why there are times that one chooses not to liberate their capitol, even if they have the statistical probability of attempting to liberate their capitol successfully.  For, there may be opportunity, with high statistical odds, that your opponent could recapture the territory and gain more through the reconquering than lost in units and position on the board.

• 2007 AAR League

I noticed that Abattlemap is not calculating convoy damage against China (Kwa from SZ36), is China immune from convoy damage?

• 2007 AAR League

Under Alpha2 rules, If London is captured and UK captures additonal territories on the European map, does that Income go to Calcutta?  What about liberating territories on the European map by UK forces, who get’s that income?

• Official Q&A

@Emperor:

I noticed that Abattlemap is not calculating convoy damage against China (Kwa from SZ36), is China immune from convoy damage?

Yes.

@Emperor:

Under Alpha2 rules, If London is captured and UK captures additonal territories on the European map, does that Income go to Calcutta?

No.

@Emperor:

What about liberating territories on the European map by UK forces, who get’s that income?

No one, until London is liberated.

• 2007 AAR League

Does a Sub in SZ125 negate the Russian NO or does it have to be a surface warship?

• @Emperor:

Does a Sub in SZ125 negate the Russian NO or does it have to be a surface warship?

Warship.  Not surface warship.  Subs stop the NO.
    I know my answer’s not good enough for you, but Krieghund will confirm if you insist.

• 2007 AAR League

If air units scramble against an invading US fleet, and there are naval\air units from the UK present in that seazone, do the scrambling units have to engage both US\UK units?

• Official Q&A

The UK units are not involved in the attack, as it is not UK’s turn.

• Can someone tell me what sea zones connect in the global game? I don’t have a rule book in front of me. thanks…

• VOLUNTARY DESTRUCTION OF ASSETS…SCORCHED EARTH POLICY.

I would like a ruling on whether a player may opt to voluntarily destroy friendly airbases/ports/factories rather than allow them to fall into enemy hands. Seems perfectly legitimate to me if done in the owing players turn.  Retreating forces in WW2 rarely left anything intact for enemy to use and this is especially true of ports and airfields (which generally had to be rebuilt by the advancing forces) and in regard to factories, those that couldn’t be moved (underground by the Germans) or by the Russians were destroyed by friendly forces.  Official ruling please and thanks in advance.

• Official Q&A

No.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@nimitz1:

VOLUNTARY DESTRUCTION OF ASSETS…SCORCHED EARTH POLICY.

I would like a ruling on whether a player may opt to voluntarily destroy friendly airbases/ports/factories rather than allow them to fall into enemy hands. Seems perfectly legitimate to me if done in the owing players turn.  Retreating forces in WW2 rarely left anything intact for enemy to use and this is especially true of ports and airfields (which generally had to be rebuilt by the advancing forces) and in regard to factories, those that couldn’t be moved (underground by the Germans) or by the Russians were destroyed by friendly forces.   Official ruling please and thanks in advance.

Sounds like a nice house rule.  Why not post it in that thread and get some community opinions?

• '22 '19 '18

If I load a AA gun onto a transport along with an infantry during non combat phase and attack with that transport on my next turn and capture the territory can I then unload my AA gun into the newly captured territory on my non- combat phase?

• Official Q&A

No.  The transport cannot both attack and unload in noncombat movement.

• I’m little unclear on the neutrality rules in some areas.  Say that the UK declares war (unprovoked) on Japan and attacks their fleet.  Is the UK allowed to land aircraft in FIC in non-combat?

• Official Q&A

UK is not neutral, as it’s at war with Germany and Italy.  It can noncombat move into French Indo-China anytime that it wants, assuming that it’s Allied-controlled.

• If I load a AA gun onto a transport along with an infantry during non combat phase and attack with that transport on my next turn and capture the territory can I then unload my AA gun into the newly captured territory on my non- combat phase?

–------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No.  The transport cannot both attack and unload in noncombat movement.

Krieg,

I’m a little confused by this response.  Can I assume it to mean that if the transport accompanies the battle group, the units on the transport must make the landing during the combat phase or not at all.  If the transport does not accompany the battle group, it could move and unload cargo in th enewly acquired territory during NCM.

• @Krieghund:

UK is not neutral, as it’s at war with Germany and Italy.  It can noncombat move into French Indo-China anytime that it wants, assuming that it’s Allied-controlled.

I have a follow up question to Anchovy’s.

If Japan declared war on France and for some reason did not take FIC, then would it be an act of war against Japan for the UK to move anything into FIC, just as it is to move anything into China?

Or maybe a better example - if Japan declares war on France and takes FIC, is it an act of war for ANZ or UK to land on New Hebrides?  Or even on French territory in Europe or Africa??  Pretty sure not, but this FIC question got me to thinking…

• @Krieghund:

OK.  Thanks.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m