• Its basically MB AA, except with new units and new factions. I am not fond of the pieces. If they were done right Cpt Rick would have no trouble selling them because people like me would buy them for piece harvest.

• @Imperious:

Its basically MB AA, except with new units and new factions. I am not fond of the pieces. If they were done right Cpt Rick would have no trouble selling them because people like me would buy them for piece harvest.

What is it about the pieces that you don’t like? The color, the quality, or both.

• OMG.  The pieces are the wrong sizes and the wrong colors. I wish Rick would have gotten some nicer molds designed and came to our braintrust first before proceeding. We could have given him all the support he needed to make it really successful.  It was such a shock to me when i first saw this game because it was out of the blue and i know he spent alot of money to get it made. Together we could have helped him make a terrific game, but what we have is only a few decent bits. The land based missiles are nice, but most of the pieces are either too small or too large and are poorly made. The plastic they are made with is quality, but the detail is horrible.

The map is ok and the rest is fine.

• So with better pieces, you would have a decent game.

• To the pieces make the game. I know its crazy, but i am not fond of neon green tanks

• In the case of your game I understand why you chose the colors you did as the contrast makes it easier to see which pieces belongs to which player. I also think because the target audience is teenagers and adults who are interested in military history, they do not want to see brightly colored pieces as they see these as childish and would rather see more military colors as they fit the theme better.

@Imperious:

To the pieces make the game. I know its crazy, but i am not fond of neon green tanks

See what I’m talking about CaptRick.

• Yes, I agree with you guys. I hope to make a new version with new pieces and new colors and a few new rules but the same basic game. The playability of this game is first rate. Its faster play than A&A easier to setup, easier to play, better rules, better pieces, more balanced and the diplomacy aspects of it are fantastic.

To date I’ve sold about 10% of the games (that’s about 250 copies) and if I am able to sell another 1000 or so I will start work on version #2.

• Please by all means use our braintrust on these forums to get feedback for each decision you make. That way you have an army of people who play the type of game and are willing to help you do it right.

We can do it step by step. Just when the time comes put everything on the table, and the people will come out of the woodworks to help you. Believe that.

• @CaptRick:

Yes, I agree with you guys. I hope to make a new version with new pieces and new colors and a few new rules but the same basic game. The playability of this game is first rate. Its faster play than A&A easier to setup, easier to play, better rules, better pieces, more balanced and the diplomacy aspects of it are fantastic.

To date I’ve sold about 10% of the games (that’s about 250 copies) and if I am able to sell another 1000 or so I will start work on version #2.

CaptRick and IL,  I have to applaud both of you as you both have created you own games for others to use. There are a lot of people out there including myself, who have a lot of ideas but never act upon them, but we are sure to criticize the  efforts of others. I usually try to criticize in a constructive fashion, and if I have failed, then please accept my apologies as I have the utmost respect for you guys.

• Yea don’t worry BM we got you covered either way.

• I think that response was for me?

• yea

• @Imperious:

Yea don’t worry BM we got you covered either way.

@Brain:

I think that response was for me?

@Imperious:

yea

Thanks IL

• I played it using the website, it wasnt very good. Wonder what happened with the creator and did they actually print the board game?

• @all-encompassing-goose said in New Superpowers Game:

I played it using the website, it wasnt very good. Wonder what happened with the creator and did they actually print the board game?

The creator did, indeed, print his game. He’s selling off the very last of his stock at this time. See the BGG information for the game for more information:

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/41546/superpowers

-Midnight_Reaper

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m