• I’ve been considering an R1 6 tank buy, starting 2 tanks and 2 mechs moving east, and flying the Russian airforce out to Siberia as part of a KJF strategy. R2 or R3 assault on Manchuria and sending the 4 mobile units into China to prop China in the north.

My opponents have typically shown an extreme reluctance to use Calcutta Crush because they have been punished multiple times for failing to adequately defend the home islands so I anticipate J2 to be the absolute earliest they’ll go. However the aggressive Soviet stance seems dangerous assuming a G2 and Italian Med. The small factory in Romania G1is almost a guarantee. I anticipate no Sealion threat due to their conservative nature therefore Middle Earth is almost mandated. I am also conservative and will not be doing Taranto, opting instead to vacate the Med after strafing the Tobruk DD/Trn and reinforce the Indian Ocean.

Any suggested tweaks to the R1 buy?

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

Since you know your opponents and I don’t I won’t comment about how they play. Usually I would expect a J1, especially with such a strong Russian move against Japan.

Two things:

• How does Germany know to build a mIC on G1 because Russia built 6 tanks as Russia goes after Germany? Did you mean G2?

• As the Axis I would love to see Russia build 6 tanks on R1. Especially if they are going towards Japan.

• @andrewaagamer 2 clarifications:

1. The Rom IC is this Germany/Italy player’s SOP, the only variance is between $12/$30, regardless of whether he’s going G1 or G2. So that’s going to happen before I take any action.

2. I see the confusion. My intent is not to send the 6 new tanks to Asia, they would remain in Europe.

• '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 Customizer

aaaaahhhhh a Gar buy.

• @nishav said in Aggressive Soviet Union (Alpha +3):

@andrewaagamer 2 clarifications:

1. The Rom IC is this Germany/Italy player’s SOP, the only variance is between $12/$30, regardless of whether he’s going G1 or G2. So that’s going to happen before I take any action.

2. I see the confusion. My intent is not to send the 6 new tanks to Asia, they would remain in Europe.

Thanks for the explanation!

• @andrewaagamer

I dont think that MiC is a good idea. You have 2 russian MiC to power. You just need to keep 3 infantry in the Balkans as casualites to drive off any an allied landing.

Gargantua proposed a tank-heavy strategy with russia, and it works well. It works even better with a bid, it still can’t save russia. It keeps the Germans together and moving slowly.

• I also do like some offensive capability for Russia to make Germany to reinforce their push with planes as they approach Moscow. That often opens up a window for the Allies to land in W Europe around USA4 or 5 without as much risk. Artillery are almost as powerful as tanks offensively so is the main way that I increase impact of my army.

I don’t think that 6 tanks would be a crazy option either as they force Germany to protect their rear flanks if they decide to pivot towards the Middle East instead of a Moscow crush. Using the tanks to attack Japan, though, is crazy. Too little, too late.

• @arthur-bomber-harris

somehow tanks just work. They shouldn’t work as well as they do, but 1-space moving guys dont scare germany at all. Without some kind of improvement (tech, bid, extra beef) the germans can stackwalk right up to moscow and you still can’t attack them with everything you built over 5 turns. They’re not afraid of you because all their stuff moves 2 (or 4, or 6) and all Russia’s stuff moves 1.

• Russian tanks are great if Germany decides to swing down towards the Middle East instead of a straight march to Moscow. They are not going prevent the stackwalk any better than artillery except perhaps if the calculations show that the extra firepower will slow down a critical step like Rostov or Belarus. Hence it could be good to build the tanks on turns 3 or 4, depending on the German DoW. No need for them on Round 1.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m