UK Europe and Pacific in same side of the board

• Hi friends,

I came upon a situation that I playing the UK had managed to bring my bomber from the Pacifics original set up over to join up with the UK Europe’s side.

I SBR on an Axis factory, and did the set play using all of my United Kingdom bombers on the raid. This is right correct?
    I know the UK is one power but two individual Capitals for income, but if a situation like above, you fight as one United UK unit when attacking right?!
    This could be any same situation in an attack on land air or sea.

Been a while shooting a question that may be obvious…

Bravehart

• Combat movement, combat, and noncombat movement are done simultaneously and in unison for UK Europe and UK Pacific. You can move Europe pieces to the Pacific side and vice-versa. Europe and Pacific UK units can attack together in the same battles. You also share technology between UK Europe and UK Pacific.

The only separation between UK Europe and UK Pacific is when you are buying units, mobilizing units, and collecting income. UK Europe spends money only on units that will be mobilized in UK Europe factories, and UK Pacific spends money only on units that will be mobilized in UK Pacific factories. Also remember that when you are playing the AA Global 1940 game, West India is counted as a UK Pacific territory and its income is given to the UK Pacific side. That’s the only UK territory on the European map that is counted as a UK Pacific territory when playing the Global game.

• … and just for completeness: The North American territories on the Pacific map are part of the Europe economy.

• '17

@Panther

Hey, could you please comment one more time regarding this subject. In my triplea game, London was captured via Sea Lion. My opponent (Allies), wants to capture Iraq with UK India Forces (have the Iraq money and probably a potential minor IC placed in Iraq).

I believe this passage in the 2nd edition Europe rule book page 34 rules out that plan. “The Europe economy includes all of the territories controlled by United Kingdom on the Europe map. London is its regional capital. The Pacific economy includes all of the territories controlled by United Kingdom on the Pacific map. Calcutta is its regional capital.”

The only problem with the vagueness of this statement of course, is that it also sounds like it’s applying to originally controlled territories, and not potential other territories like Axis controlled or any kind of Neutral.

• @Ichabod It implies to the entire board in term. So Iraq is Europe.

• @Ichabod There is no vagueness actually. As the rules speak of “territories controlled” by UK. Otherwise the rules would indicate “territories originally controlled” by UK.

Also there are no “UK India Forces”, as “All combat moves, combat, and noncombat moves are made or conducted as any other power’s single, united force.” (page 35 Pacific rulebook). So when talking about gaining income from captured territories it is totally irrelevant where the capturing units once have been mobilized. For gaining income the only relevant question is on which side of the map the captured territory is.

Iraq is on the Europe side of the map, so UK Europe will get the income, unless London is in enemy’s hands - as it is in your scenario. UK Pacific can’t get that income.

HTH :slightly_smiling_face:

• '17

One last question Panther, could UK India build a minor IC on Iraq and build on it (if London was captured) and Iraq had to be attacked in order to control it?

Even if UK India couldn’t collect the 2 IPCs for holding Iraq (because those IPCs are on the Europe side of the board).

• @Ichabod No. UK Pacific can mobilize facilities only on territories on the Pacfic side of the map.
    Rulebook Pacific 1940.2, page 35:

Mobilize New Units

United Kingdom mobilizes its new combat units purchased by each economy at industrial complexes that fall under that economy. It mobilizes its new facilities purchased by each economy in territories that fall under that economy.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m