Global 1940, USA neutrality with Germany/Italy/Japan

• @Stough Welcome to the game :slightly_smiling_face:

@Stough said in Global 1940, USA neutrality with Germany/Italy/Japan:

Way new to these rules, so apologies if these are redundant questions.

Don’t worry, that is how all of us started.

1. If Japan attacks the US, is the US at War with Germany, or now has the ability to go to war with Germany?

US may declare war then. From the rulebook (Pacific 1940.2, page 37):
    “The United States may not declare war on any Axis power unless an Axis power either declares war on it first or captures London or any territory in North America, or Japan makes an unprovoked declaration of war against the UK or ANZAC, after which it may declare war on any or all Axis powers on its following turn.”

1. Can Japan fight UK/ANZAC without provoking war with the US?

No, US may declare war on Japan in that case, see above quote from the rulebook.

1. What happens if Italy or Germany attack land around Mongolia; are the Mongolia rules only applicable to Japanese aggression?

The Soviet-Mongolian Defense Pact-related rules will not be affected in that case.

• Thanks man. It’s a shame the US can declare war on Germany if attacked by Japan. I was always thought Hitler was a moron for doing so. That said, the US would have declared war anyhow, so I guess the rule is historically fair.

The J1 really puts Germany in a bind quick. However, I don’t see any way around it.

Just did my first practice game with myself. Three days of insane mania- it was lovely. The Axis won in J-8; taking Moscow , but I was screwing up all over the place. The game gets really interesting as it goes on.

Should China shield Russia or shield UK-Asia?
    Is there any way to make a meaningful contribution form ANZAC?
    Same for UK Asia.
    Japan has so many options it’s maddening. The money islands look pretty key.
    But going hard for Hawaii early might suck off a crap ton of US pressure on Germany.
    How aggressive should the US be in the Pacific?- looks like not much for now.
    How the heck do I get Italy into the game after Taranto?
    Africa is maddening for all concerned.
    I don’t see how Germany can get to the Soviets in the short term without ignoring everything and gambling on a G6. The Soviets get so much money and there territory is so worthless IPC wise.
    The Carrier/ 2 transport buy is a great stall tactic on UK
    SO may more strategy questions…

And then there are the geographic hotspots.
    Gibraltar/Sea Zones 91/92
    The Carolines/SZ33
    Bryansk
    SZ129

There is never enough money.

But this game is pretty fricking awesome.

• '21 '20

Look at some league games @Stough. Will give you ideas of what is possible, and how the top level players play

• How do I look at league games?

• '21 '20

Do you have tripple a?

• ? What is that?

• '21 '20

https://triplea-game.org/

It’s an engine that allows online board games like axis and allies

• '21 '20

People on here play the game by forum
    https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/category/29/league
    You can click through threads (which are games) and download people’s games and view them in tripple a

note: some of the games might be on the older version of tripple a, might give an error message

• Sweet; that is awesome. I can’t wait to check it out.

• @Stough just remember when playing tripleA that ‘1 more turn’ is never 1 more turn…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m