• ‘Activation’ is done on the Combat Moves phase…in this example, I am talking about the UK moving units into Yugoslavia / / Greece.

I just want to make sure, but you can not move activated units until the next turn, correct?

IE. Combat Moves UK moves into Greece. Non Combat phase, you are not allowed to move the Greek Units. The same would also apply to Germany Activating Finland, correct?

• You can activate Greece and Yugo on non combat. They are Pro-allies. Greece and Yugo units can move on next turn. You also roll for the destroyer for Yugo.

Fins can move on Germany’s 2nd impulse after being activated on 1st impulse.

• Where is this in the rules? I�m missing something. (Greece and Yugo)

is there a list of minors that are axis alligned and allied alligned alone with strict neutrals ?

Thanks all, you guys are great. We start our second game tonight!

Bill

• @billinjackson:

Where is this in the rules? I�m missing something. (Greece and Yugo)

is there a list of minors that are axis alligned and allied alligned alone with strict neutrals ?

Thanks all, you guys are great. We start our second game tonight!

Bill

Unless I’ve missed something: Greece and Yugoslavia only join a faction when they are attacked, no moving into is necessary for their joining.
    The faction they join depends on who attacks them: they join a faction who is at war with their aggressor.

Example: Britain is at war with Germany, and decides to open another front against Germany.
    Britain (being a democracy) pays 10 IPP to the bank and attacks Greece.
    Greece successfully beats off the attack and immediately joins Germany, becoming intergrated completely into German economy and military.

• Helloooo this is for G39 first edition game.

Yo you two going to donate to site once its available to donate to site after Jan15th ?

Just ask your questions in the next topic down from this one in the 36-45 topic.

• @SS:

Helloooo this is for G39 first edition game.

Yo you two going to donate to site once its available to donate to site after Jan15th ?

Just ask your questions in the next topic down from this one in the 36-45 topic.

My apologies, I had assumed that it was G36 with the 1939 start, as it is the latest iteration of the Global War game and I imagine it would have a few questions.

I think I shall continue to do so unless otherwise specified though, the G36 second addition map is such a huge step up from G39 first addition map that I cannot imagine new gamers purchasing the first addition map and asking questions here.

As for donating…perhaps.
    Economy here in Alberta, Canada isn’t amazing right now due to its predominance in the energy sector and its current provincial government being hostile to the oil and gas industries, and the new carbon tax put into place.

But perhaps, I’m fairly active on here.

• No problem just didn’t want the confusion going on. There is a topic for G39 first edition map too.
    Group been playing that game for years now.

Tigerman’s 39 map question topic and HBG Global 39 1st Edition question topic.

Just $10.00 goes a long way.

• My question was for G36 with a 39 start. sorry for the confusion.

In older versions of Axis and Allies certain nations would activate with one allied unit landing. I was wondering if that exists outside of the very few countries listed in the rules?

What I’m getting from Jinx is no. all neutrals are activated for the opposite side that attacked them other than those few discussed.

Thanks

Bill

• '16

Can somebody clarify the need to roll for the destroyer? Thanks!

• '13

For G36 latest (v1.2) rules regardless of 36 or 39 start it is the same. There is no ‘activating’ of units or rolling for units. Minors align with or are controlled by a major power. Table 4-4 Alignment Sphere of Influence (p.21) describes who and how:

Allies:

• Nations Align with the Allies if the Axis declare war on them.

• Nations come under Allied Control if they are Attacked by the Axis but the Attacking power is not at war with the Allies.

• US gets all minor powers in the western hemisphere.

• The British Commonwealth gets all the rest.

Axis:

• Nations Align with the Axis if the Allies or USSR declare war on them.

• Nations come under Axis Control if they are Attacked by the Allies or USSR but the Attacker (Allies or USSR) is not at war with the Axis.

• Japan gets Siam and Mongolia***.

• Germany gets all the rest.

Comintern:

• Mongolia and Republican Spain (if they won) Align with the USSR if any other nation declares war on them.

• These two come under USSR Control if they are Attacked by anyone but the USSR is not at war with the attacker.

***Not specified in the rules but the only option that makes historical sense.

In addition, there are Special Alignment Conditions for over a dozen countries that are outlined on p.22-23, but Greece and Yugoslavia are not among them. So

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m